Removal of the Teacher rank
(07-05-2018, 09:44 PM)Reebs Wrote: You’ve gotta be shitting me.

So you’d rather have staff waste the time they could be using to actively enforce the rules to answer questions from people? And you just got rid of a whole fcking rank, just like that? Not even consulting the community? So what’s next to go? Contributors? Also, what happened to the whole community survey where the majority of the community thought the teachers were helpful?

I am not happy about this at all.

No one is going to be touching my Contributors  Angry
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
I remember in the past, we never had teachers. Those who needed help and had questions, experienced players would help them. What's the difference between a 1-2000 hour experienced player with dozens of RPPs and a player with a fancy rank? No difference.
The following 3 users Like konsta's post:
  • MasterNoda, Lewwings, DVN
I kind of feel like I need to do statement about this.

I think you are all being unreasonable and unfair. It's actually making me sad that you are all this quick to blame us (The Siphon and me) for all of this.

This is a decision that we have made within the staff team, that we all agreed on. The decision does not come due to bad leadership or anything similar to that, neither does it come due to the teacher team performing poorly, every single teacher have been doing an excellent job, without a doubt. As Divey already called out, we want to be pushing for the community as a collective to be helpful to players, rather than selecting a few players. The teacher team was made to help players but was never supposed to be above a regular user, however we failed to make sure they weren’t and they kind of ended being above a regular user. This is one of the reasons that we have decided to remove the rank. Another reason is that the teachers weren’t really used as much as we hoped, and (newer) players didn’t understand the rank and the suppose of it.

I do believe that all the slandering of The Siphon and me is quite unfair, and it's actually making me quite mad and sad at the same time, but I guess it's the same case as for the the amounth of respect shown for the staff team. Might I remind you, that we are all doing this as a service for the community? We have never had bad intentions with the rank, the way we ran it, or the people who obtained the rank. We have been putting loads of hours into the rank, doing loads of work behind the screens.
We have had a vision of how to run the teacher team, and we followed it quite well. Whether you agreed with the way we run it or not doesn’t really matter to me. What really matter to me is that we’ve had a teacher team that’s been running quite well, and I really think it is disgraceful to accuse of us doing a worse job than all the recent teacher liaisons. The teachers have all been performing exactly how we expected them to perform, they have all had a good activity, as well as doing good RP on the server. We have not had a single case of a teacher breaking the rules, being abusive or anything like that. I know for a fact that most of the reason teacher liaisons have had quite a lot of cases with teachers being a bit edgy, abusive and so on.

And for Jan, would you just mind to calm your tits for a second and not being an edgy veteran? No offense, but I was a part of your “excellent teacher team” and to be fair your performance was decent, but nothing to brag about. Most of the time you were nowhere to be seen, and all you really did was to make everything public and let the teachers have a vote at who they wanted to be teachers, which actually just led the rank to be more “special” towards the regular user. Making the teachers vote for who they wanted to be their collaborations is actually the point where the teacher team went in the wrong direction in my opinion, as this was the point, where teachers really started to be seen as being above a regular user. I do however believe you got a lot of fair points as to why you did this, and I don’t disagree with that, but we all have different ways to run things, and simply doing it a different way, does not mean we are doing it a wrong way.

If any of you have any unanswered questions, I will be more than happy to answer them.
The following 15 users Like Eeee394's post:
  • Lewwings, Yonno, Panda, Joe Joe, Wolven, Santaliz, Luna, Janzo 火, Jonas, MrFinnConlon, Exotic, Magnus, LordOfMemory, Balls, DVN
Like Eeee has mentioned, a collective helpful players is a lot better than a fewer players that were chosen to help out players as part of their duty.

I love this decision so far, I never liked the teacher rank at all, for me it was just a cheap attempt and another way of getting a promotion to staff.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • Lewwings
(07-05-2018, 07:19 PM)Wolven Wrote: [FL:RP] Wolven: Use @ to contact the adminitrative team for any enquires or use /pm Joe Joe <message> and he'll respond  straight away to you tomorrow!

attitude has soon changed.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
The following 1 user Likes don's post:
  • Grunt
The Teacher role just lost standards are faded away in my eyes.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
I do agree that the Teacher rank was currently lacking but tbf though Eeee, it was pretty good when it first started under Tomo and Falc.

Like you said you've taken it down a different route than previous liaisons, but it's not worked because it's performed poorly enough to warrant the whole rank from being removed.

I think there are things to be learnt from the past and encorpoate it into your current teacher rank vision rather than it being disbanded all together.

The rank can and has been a good way to bridge the gap between staff and player, along with helping promote RP.
The following 1 user Likes Grunt's post:
  • Balls
(07-05-2018, 10:13 PM)perqe Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 07:19 PM)Wolven Wrote: [FL:RP] Wolven: Use @ to contact the adminitrative team for any enquires or use /pm Joe Joe <message> and he'll respond  straight away to you tomorrow!

attitude has soon changed.

I'm just playin, bit of banter
Wolven

(07-05-2018, 08:39 PM)Nasos Wrote: The think the complete removal of the team may be a bit too far. Yes, the recent teacher team and liaisons weren't the best FL has seen however removing the rank completely is a bit much in my opinion.

I think teacher apps should go back to being public and I think the liaisons should really focus on the team by making sure they set a proper passionate and genuine example and aren't just there for the rank, but for the community.

The current teacher team wasn't the best? *-*
Aragorn
Fearless Community Donator
(07-05-2018, 09:48 PM)MasterNoda Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 09:44 PM)Reebs Wrote: You’ve gotta be shitting me.

So you’d rather have staff waste the time they could be using to actively enforce the rules to answer questions from people? And you just got rid of a whole fcking rank, just like that? Not even consulting the community? So what’s next to go? Contributors? Also, what happened to the whole community survey where the majority of the community thought the teachers were helpful?

I am not happy about this at all.

Reebs you know damn well how underused the help chat was. A majority of people asked in OOC, and sometimes in @. If they asked in @, we never said "just ask help chat", we answered it, because it wasnt a massive deal.

The point is, Noda: the teachers were much more of a help than many think they were. 

As for what you said, Eeee, I just want to set the record straight here: I do not feel as if what happened to the rank is the fault of any of the teachers, nor the liaisons. That being said I have to agree with Grunt. While I was a teacher under Tomo and Falc, everything was fantastic but it just kind of progressively got worse as things went on and new liaisons were in and out. As I said I don’t think this is the fault of any specific liaison. Each liaison had their own things they wanted to do and some worked some didn’t. Unfortunately, Eeee you and Siphon were the unlucky guys who’s direction didn’t work and it resulted in the removal of the rank. I do not blame you or Siphon whatsoever.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 2 users Like Reebs's post:
  • Grunt, mintblackbeard