Staff Re-Evaluation
Exclamation 
Title of suggestion: Having a re-evaluation of each staff member every other 3 months.

Description: Evaluating each staff member every 3 months (or so), checking their performance and/or manner when conducting the role of administration.

Why: Throughout a players time as a staff member, their motivation, performance and attitude will most likely change. They will be introduced to the behind the scenes of Fearless. Now, although there is a trial administration role in place, two months is not enough time to see them develop their character. It is not unknown that some staff members ability to perform is often questioned, by having this re-evaluation every-so-often, it allows for fine-tuning within the staff team, and also adds extra transparency for the community. This isn't a change in the staff team, but a change in how each admin decides to perform their role. 

You may be thinking "If they don't perform, or abuse their powers, then a Staff Report can be posted." and you're right, but only to a certain extent. We should be focusing on preventing power-abuse/bias/corruption/lack of performance before it even occurs, rather than punishing it after it has already occurred. This evaluation also allows for the administrators themselves, to reflect on whether they can continue performing the role they agreed to perform.

Activity, Professionalism and Performance should all be taken into account of a staff member (however if an admin needs to go inactive, that should be taken into account, etc). It is obvious that any staff member's attitude towards Fearless will change from the time they are promoted to Trial Admin, to being an Admin for six months, however as a community, we put our trust in the Staff team to enforce the rules, allowing us to have a good roleplay experience, and if we can't trust them to upkeep their performance, then the relationship between the staff team and community is lost.

Therefore, I believe that this re-evaluation every-so-often is a step in the right direction for both the Staff and the community. Although this is a semi-serious roleplay server, the admins are role-models for the community, and if they are not motivated to perform the role they agreed to perform, regardless of how long ago they agreed to take on the role, then rule enforcement, roleplay experience, and general fun within the community, seems to decrease. 

Note: This is not a change to the staff team, as that is not for us to decide, but its a change to the way the administrator rank is viewed. The rank should be filled with someone who wants to help Fearless for the better, not by someone who wants a 300 prop raise and unlimited donator.

Please leave reasons for any -Support below, everything above it not final, and can be tweaked, the general idea of a Staff Re-evaluation, is what I'm interested in adding Cheese

TD;LR - The Supervising Administrators/Owner to re-evaluate the Staff Team every so often, to make sure the right people, have the right roles on the staff team.

Thank you Smile I had to add a prefix in order to post this suggestion, but the evaluation should happen on all Discord, Servers, and Forums.
The following 2 users Like Create's post:
  • juicyorange, LordOfMemory
This should include the entirety of the staff team, including teachers and contributors. If they have done nothing / contributed nothing to the server within the last months before the evaluation some sort of warning should be put in place.

+Support.
The following 1 user Likes Deleted User's post:
  • Lewwings
+Support

As someone who’s been on both sides, I can’t tell you how much feedback from other staff members and the community can help you become a better staff member.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
My thoughts were thinking we have a new staff team each three months lmao!

Gonna -support this one since I think this happens behind the scenes but then again I am no admin and janzo won't tell me
(06-17-2018, 07:36 PM)Dobbs Wrote: My thoughts were thinking we have a new staff team each three months lmao!

Gonna -support this one since I think this happens behind the scenes but then again I am no admin and janzo won't tell me

You're right, it may happen behind the scenes, but as a Community, transparency is key, and so if this is the case, then why isn't it made public. There shouldn't be anything to hide from this*, so why shouldn't it be public if it is already a thing?

*somethings have to stay out of the public eye, but the majority of information shouldn't.
+support, constructive criticism would be a fantastic opportunity for staff to reflect, staff would also be able to see where they are thriving as well, in order for the community to get along well we must all learn from eachother and this would be a great first step.
This sounds like a great way for staff members to improve themselves, and also stay motivated.
I can only agree with your suggestion, a big + Support from me.

[Image: uickTS0.png] +Rep
+Supprt
+support
+Support

Developers too.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork