Refunding Contraband?
I would like to ask why we don't get contra or expensive guns refunded when the server crashes? I know it's not the fault of the admins, but neither ours. During a lag spike everyone already destroys their whole stuff in fear of a crash.

It would not be a loss for you, because the stuff is just pixels to you.
Because we can't confirm who actually lost something and who is telling porky pies, and checking everyone individually would take far far far too long.

If it's just pixels to us, it's just pixels to you too.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Zoidberg
Because if admins would refund it that'll be the only thing they can almost do cause there are allot of crashes, also if they do this, people will just make some contras when there just have been a lagspike and they know a crash is coming but they get it refunded then anyway.

Tip: don't contrawhore but earn your cash with proper Roleplay.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Colonel Burger
I don't contrawhore, usually only 2 printers and one lab out. But that still costs money and if the server crashes a lot you lose a lot of money.
I was told the strangest thing by blackdog the other day, and that was that there are no refunds on game mode crashes either, I just wish to know where is the official stand on that matter? As I've been refunded before.
The following 2 users Like GunFISH's post:
  • EGI (R.A.A.) [SEA]Kai Meiuqer, Krond2010
There is no refund for a crash, simply because a crash is unpredictable and we would never know who had contrabands.

The only time we are giving refunds is when we announced a restart. Before this restart an admin is normally supposed to ask whether players have contraband, if they do they have to show them to him so he knows they are telling the truth and afterwards he can refund them.

Dare to think!
Yes but this can still be done on Game Mode crashes as the server doesnt go down and is the main source of "restarts"
It is really simple:

If the server get's restarted or the map get's a reload you can get a refund.

So if the gamemode crashes, someone will most likely reload the map..
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.