Jan's unban request
Your name: Jan

Your SteamID: [b]STEAM_0:1:33371938[/b]

Your ban ID: 80213

Banned by: Narcotic and extended by Joe Joe

Reason: "Powergaming"

Involved: I do not remember names.

Why we should unban you: I was meeting up with a friend of mine so I could test a vehicle he had, upon arriving I saw my Corleone friend was in trouble with the police so I decided to change my job and help him out, obviously without bad intentions but I notice that was a (small) mistake now.

Narcotic then teleported me to a roof roughly 5 minutes after the raid to confront me, I told him several times I understood what he was saying and that it was a small mistake on my side, after nearly 3 years of barely being able to roleplay you make these small mistakes, it's only logical the way I see it. Yet Narcotic still went ahead to ban me for a day.

A staff's job is to educate people and make sure they learn from their mistakes, I have told Narcotic when I was on a rooftop with him I understood. After some hours of being banned Narcotic requested an extension of my ban even though he promised me to keep it short and Joe Joe stepped in to extend it, purely because I am a "veteran and should know a lot better with 2500 hours and 39 RPP's". 

I find this absolutely ridiculous to say the least, I have not been banned since start 2012, long before any of the involved staff members even joined FL, I have administrated in the past, been a clan officer, teacher liason and to this day own and manage the biggest clan on Fearless to keep the clan world alive, yet at the first small mistake I make I get banned for a week, I do not believe this is how you treath people that have supported Fearless for such a long time, I believe the admins involved are extremely proud of their "achievement" of banning me and completely ignore any standarts and guidelines given to them.

With this unban request I am requesting the ban to be wiped off my record. I am also requesting an experienced staff member (SA or higher) for their judgement.
How the situation unfolded: You were a "Citizen" walking by a Corleone (Renamed 'Capone') & Police raid on a house in villas. You noticed the raid going on (was not involved or informed IC via radio... etc). and then you changed your job from "Citizen" to "Capone Associate" (Corleone) with the sole purpose of joining the raid. After this, you then proceded to equip Kevlar, Ammunition, Weapons and a Mercenary Outfit and kill the remaining Police Officers at the raid, winning the raid for the Corleones (Capones). This is powergaming as you changed your job to specifically join the raid whilst having, what seemed, no prior IC connection to the characters, nor was informed of the raid over the radio... etc. 

In response to your ubr: Yes, a staff member's job is to educate people and make sure they learn from their mistakes, but what is learning without discipline? A punishment was given as an example and a reminder of your mistakes, just as it would be to any other user on the network if they were in your position.

In regards to your other points: Regardless if you own the largest clan on the network, were a serving administrator, teacher liaison or even a clan officer. You still broke the rules, the staff team shouldn't make exceptions because the amount of hours you have accumulated on the network or how much of a commitment you have made, the only exception we do make is sometimes on lower hour players who are sometimes unfamiliar with the rules, but that is not your case. I don't believe an exception to punishments should be made because of your commitment or how many hours you have contributed to the network. At the end of the day now, you're a member of the community like everyone else and when it comes to rule breaking you should be treated how if you were any other member of the network. With an exception, to how many hours and RPPs you actually have, meaning that you should have known better for someone of your stature. 

I will try and get an SA to respond also.
--| Denied |--

Hi Jan,

Thanks for taking your time to make your Unban Request. However what Narcotic done was a punishment in which was a maximum sentence on his behalf so as requested I myself extended it and rightly so. Your UBR has some fundamental errors in which you seem to indicate that because you have; been here longer, own a clan and haven't been banned since 2012. That said ban should not have been issued however those points to me actually indicate that you should receive a longer punishment.

Firstly as for you being within the community longer than myself and Narcotic. That plays no role in this situation you of all people should understand that being here longer should have made your more knowledgeable and therefore able to recognise not to break such as simple rule.

In regards to the 'Clan' situation. Frankly being in control of a clan plays no role in a punishment and using that as an excuse to get out of it isn't very mature to say the least. If anyone owns a clan or group they are not immune from suspension so neither are you. And as for learning from your mistakes, as a Veteran you are expected to still follow the rules, just because you have resigned it does not mean you are able to break them and then expect a 'slap on the wrist' so to speak. Furthermore to validate this you believe as you told me in PM that a 'slap on the wrist' would have been fine or the 1 day punishment itself however what you fail to realise is that you yourself handed out punishments for the same offence to players for a longer duration, so why do you believe that we should treat you better than everyone else even though you punished the players in the way myself and Narcotic have. The ban:

Evolva
2015-12-28 17:07:53    2015-12-31 17:07:53
"Breaking NLR, changing jobs to help raiders"

Your ban was just and therefore I see no need for it to be reduced. Next time please try to Roleplay within the rules.

Thanks Joe
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<