Unban Request: Cyclone
Your name: [FL:RP] Cyclone

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:63051639

Your ban ID: 57934

Banned by: [FL:M] Nacreas

Reason: FailRP - Suiciding in a fire

Involved: Nacreas and myself.

Why we should unban you: First of all, I know this was a long time ago and I know this has a small chance of getting approved, but it's worth a shot.

The date of this ban was 2015-01-13. Back then, I was a little kid who didn't really have a voice in the community. I do not believe I had more than 150 hours, and I had no clue how to make a UBR back then. I also really did not have any experience on FL back then, which led to me getting banned.

I'll explain the situation. I was walking down Mainstreet and I saw a fire. I decided, for whatever reason, to run to the fire and see if it did any damage. Apparently I had relatively low HP, because I died quite quickly. Nacreas saw this and teleported me to him, instantly banning me for FailRP. My intention was never to kill myself in the fire.

In all honesty, I think Nacreas overreacted here. I was a relatively new player with a low amount of hours. He could have explained to me why it was not right to do what I did for future reference, and put me down afterwards. But instead of that, he banned me without much explanation.

I'd like to talk about this situation with Nacreas himself if possible. If not, I'd like the staff to consider this UBR. This has been my only ban in nearly 1100 hours, and I don't think it was a deserved one at all. Players with a low amount of hours tend to make mistakes. It would have helped me a lot more if he just gave me an explanation without instantly issuing a ban. If it was a pretty big rulebreak, I'd have been alright with it, because that would have been deserved. I just don't think I deserve a ban on my record for something so minor.

Thank you for considering my UBR.

Yours,
[Image: 9OySZ2W.png]

Was I of any help? +Rep
Well, there isn't much we can do. Pretty much all knowledge of the ban itself has been lost as it's 3-4 years old by now.
Rule 5 in the UBR guide is about this exact situation. Normally a normal ban can only be appealed up to a month after the expiration date, and for this ban, it has been 3 years since the expiration date. Though permanent bans being an exception to this rule. Even the staff member who issued the ban most likely will not remember a minor case like this one, as 3 years is a very long time.

Quote:5. You may only appeal a ban up to a month after the bans expiration date. Past that, most knowledge of the situation is either lost

or tainted, so the final conclusion will be that everything in the ban reason is factual after a month beyond expiration. The only exception to this is if you have clear evidence to prove your innocence.

So, unfortunately, I have to deny this ban appeal based on rule 5.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]