Weapon texture + sound replacements.
I couldn't find any suggestion like this, sorry if it already exists.

Title of suggestion: Weapon texture + sound replacements.

Description:

First pack is a HD re-texture of all the CS:S base weapons, the other two are replacements of the CS:S base sounds.

Weapon Textures: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=549615438

Weapon Sound (Realistic): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=756182773 (the TMP sounds so sexy)
Weapon Sound (Alternative, not too realistic though): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=664581025

Why: 

The weapon textures are quite outdated due to them being from CS:S, the texture pack is only a reskin and will not change the stats or even the model of the weapons. It's just a HD texture update and it really looks a lot better. The weapon sounds are also quite earrapey due to being from CS:S (Same reason why sounds were overhauled for CS:GO). I think the realistic weapon sounds suit an RP server a lot more than the more comical and loud sounds we have now. If people don't really like the idea of changing the sounds too much (If you find it iconic for FL) there is one that is built upon the base sounds. I've also linked that below the realistic one.

I tested both the textures and realistic weapon sounds using a variation of mad cow's weapons pack (which I believe is what FL still uses). All the packs worked when I tested them. 

The replacements are all client side, this means all that needs to happen is for them to be added to the steam workshop download list. Nothing else would need to be done apart from that, so it is extremely easy to implement and adds quite an improvement to what we currently have.

EDIT: There's a video on both sound packs and pictures on the weapon texture pack, so you can view/listen to them too.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
-Support me ol' cream cracker, the textures suit FL and I think updating something that minimal would be a waste of an update.
(05-16-2018, 03:25 PM)Shlomo Wrote: -Support me ol' cream cracker, the textures suit FL and I think updating something that minimal would be a waste of an update.

If you read the post, all the changes are clientside. This means all the server needs to do is add it to the download list (or just extract and add it to one of the content packs)
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
(05-16-2018, 03:26 PM)Pollux Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 03:25 PM)Shlomo Wrote: -Support me ol' cream cracker, the textures suit FL and I think updating something that minimal would be a waste of an update.

If you read the post, all the changes are clientside. This means all the server needs to do is add it to the download list (or just extract and add it to one of the content packs)

Effort innit
+support I don't see a reason for this not to happen small details make the difference and weapons like AK really need this
+Support
+Support

Sure, they look pretty nice.
[Image: 9OySZ2W.png]

Was I of any help? +Rep
+support for the skins.

Not a fan of the sounds though, I think the default ones sound better.
[Image: ASJxGx6.png]
Signature made by meisterfinncoonlon, demoted trial admin 
If we keep the current sounds +Support
+support
Since these changes are clientside, we could make them optional so you can still use the old sounds and textures if you want
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here