UBR: elliot
Hello fieldy,

I'd like to start off by asking you why you decided to look through the "You" thread for your own enjoyment, and then decided to choose a person's (in this case assumingly a random person considering you and Rickets are not related) IRL picture and display it on a billboard in-game with the sole purpose of belittling this person, or attempt to provoke a reaction, as after the billboard was posted, one of your friends posted the picture on the Discord, followed by another friend of yours tagging said person, thus attempting to provoke a reaction.

You state it is public domain, however with some common sense it is safe to say that it invades someone's privacy if you spread their personal pictures. You do need consent of the person to post their picture. The fact that the user posted a picture on a thread which is made for sharing pictures of yourself, does not condone you using the picture for whatever "malicious" intent (in this case a joke) you had on your mind. With a bit of common sense (surprisingly), not everyone would be very pleased seeing their face displayed in-game on a massive banner in the middle of the city, with the sole purpose of trying to portray a joke, or in this case being made fun of (their height).

Not only did you simply post a picture of someone, you added a few lines of text to it belittling the person "as a joke" following by saying in OOC "now we play the waiting game". Alongside this I also had a look through the logs and the first thing you've stated after placing the billboard in local OOC is "im getting banned for that". Why did you proceed with your "joke", knowing it could potentially get you in trouble?
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(04-15-2018, 05:04 PM)Yonno Wrote: Hello fieldy,

I'd like to start off by asking you why you decided to look through the "You" thread for your own enjoyment, and then decided to choose a person's (in this case assumingly a random person considering you and Rickets are not related) IRL picture and display it on a billboard in-game with the sole purpose of belittling this person, or attempt to provoke a reaction, as after the billboard was posted, one of your friends posted the picture on the Discord, followed by another friend of yours tagging said person, thus attempting to provoke a reaction.

You state it is public domain, however with some common sense it is safe to say that it invades someone's privacy if you spread their personal pictures. You do need consent of the person to post their picture. The fact that the user posted a picture on a thread which is made for sharing pictures of yourself, does not condone you using the picture for whatever "malicious" intent (in this case a joke) you had on your mind. With a bit of common sense (surprisingly), not everyone would be very pleased seeing their face displayed in-game on a massive banner in the middle of the city, with the sole purpose of trying to portray a joke, or in this case being made fun of (their height).

Not only did you simply post a picture of someone, you added a few lines of text to it belittling the person "as a joke" following by saying in OOC "now we play the waiting game". Alongside this I also had a look through the logs and the first thing you've stated after placing the billboard in local OOC is "im getting banned for that". Why did you proceed with your "joke", knowing it could potentially get you in trouble?

"I'd like to start off by asking you why you decided to look through the "You" thread for your own enjoyment"

I was uploading files so I wasn't able to do anything productive, I found myself browsing the forums where I eventually led myself to the You thread. I don't understand why everyone is so interested as to why I was browsing threads.

"attempt to provoke a reaction"

Sure I was trying to, but not a negative one. I was trying to make people laugh, not offend them. Of course, I didn't want him to not know about the sign I assumed that if he didn't like it he would at least tell me first.

"one of your friends posted the picture on the Discord, followed by another friend of yours tagging said person"

I'm not responsible for other peoples actions

"invades someone's privacy if you spread their personal pictures"

How am I invading their privacy? I've not stolen that image from a private folder of pictures. 

"You do need consent of the person to post their picture"

I hate to disagree but the picture is in the public domain, a point that I have proven, so I don't exactly require explicit permission. 

"made fun of (their height)"

Being offended over a teenager saying you're tiny over the internet over a billboard on a server on a video game you probably need to grow up. It's actually kind of sad.

"following by saying in OOC "now we play the waiting game""

I was actually waiting for Sparx to come and see it

"im getting banned for that"

That was a different picture I had put up and I was being sarcastic
I can confirm that me and james posted discord messages on our own will. Fieldy never asked us too what so ever.
also, I believe "I don't know who you are." is a lie. Rickets, we've been on the server for close to 4 years and you've called me into raids on multiple occasions. I don't exactly remember you being the nicest person to me either.
The fact that it was "a public domain" does not disregard that you shouldn't ask for someone's permission. If anything it can be considered disrespectful to misuse pictures trustfully posted by a member of the community. It's a simple moral rule, and we enforce that rule.

Now I do understand your point of view that it should not be considered a breach of Terms of Service, as it's practically not a leaked picture. This does however not disregard what happened and the intent you had with it.

After a short discussion with some staff members I have come to the conclusion to approve your UBR.

I will change the ban from a permanent ban to a 2 years ban. This due to the fact that you were currently on last chance, as well as your current ban record and your previous 5 bans regarding any form of disrespect.

Approved.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.