MadLad
Your name: MadLad

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:168664265

Your ban ID: 79990

Banned by: [FL] Yonno

Reason: """"""mass mingery""""""

Why we should unban you: My ban is for random tranqing in the late hours of the night. I fired about 20 shots total over the course of 5 minutes, 70% of which hit my friends who were laughing along with me, 10% of which hit another guy who we were joking around with and 20% of which hit the president because he was just standing around outside and I thought it was funny.

I fully accept that this is minge behaviour and is probably deserving of a blacklist at the least, but """mass mingery""" with a week ban is completely absurd. Not a single person was injured, not a single person who was actually attempting to RP was obstructed, not a single person asked me to stop because they were all laughing along too. If you think that harmlessly tranquing a handful of people in the late hours of the night what constitutes as "mass mingery" on this server I can only suggest that you must have been playing with your eyes closed for the past 10 years.

To be fair, the admin who banned me (Yonno) wasn't even on the server at the time and joined specifically to ban me after a contributor ran crying to him, so there may have been a misunderstanding of what I'd actually done. I hope that this is the case as up until this point I have had complete trust in the staff after so far seeing them always hand out fair and just punishments.
Commenting as I was present.

The OP did exactly as he stated in his post, there were a group of us stood outside doing nothing. NO RP was occuring, we were just standing there chilling. I was tranq'd a couple of times, but I really didn't care as I know that you wake up after a little while, and nothing of value is lost. This is the same for a few others, who were laughing and having a great time during the off-peak server times where there is little RP to be done. Would you rather us be all sat in different corners of the map, farming contra, and doing nothing else?

As MadLad stated above, the president was tranq'd a few times, I'd say that 4 times is fairly accurate. There were no laws in place, he was just stood outside doing nothing other than raking in in the little tax that was being generated. He didn't seem to mind what was happening.

The only person who cared was JackZ the contributor, who came along and said something along the lines of "I saw what you did, and so did my recording software, and so will the administrators" - or some other NEET-esque combination. Within a few minutes (and no PR being posted), MadLad was disconnected from the server with a 7 day ban. It's clear that JackZ is friends with the admins, or he has one on speed-dial, as I checked the discord and failed to see any post asking for help.

FireIN MY HUMBLE OPINION:Fire

Without anybody else seeing the evidence, I don't think the ban should be valid. If I was friends with an admin, I could say that Player "X" was minging loads, and probably get someone banned without needing to provide them substantial proof. This is wrong, and this is not how a server should operate. Everyone, no matter how much they have contributed to the server, should follow standard procedure and post a player report instead of using their friends in high places.

I request that JackZ posts his evidence like a normal player would, and lets the admin decide on a fair punishment based off of that like, just like they do with normal players. Because the way that this was dealt with was clearly a sign of favouritism, and Yonno only joined the server to issue a "mass mingery" ban, no-doubt without weighing up both sides of the story. He didn't even attempt to speak to MadLad.

Thanks for reading.
I'm involved as he tranquillised me without reason and i called the admin.

You seem to think that me requesting an admin to come online via steam message as there is an SRU tranqing everyone on main street is somehow bias because i'm "Friends with the admins" - All the admin did was check the logs, find you were minging, and banned you as a result. No favouritism happened here at all, I simply told an admin that there was minges on v5p and he did his job.

If you didn't break rules, you wouldn't of been punished, Regardless of how the admin found out that you were breaking rules.

This video evidence clearly shows that 'MadLad' was the only SRU online at the time of the incident. He was caught in the video shooting tranq darts at me and other people on the street.
I am not required at all to post this evidence as the logs 100% prove you were randomly tranquillising a lot of people, however, i am anyway for the sake of the case.
Evidence:

Spoiler :

(04-10-2018, 01:21 PM)JackZ Wrote: -snip-

First of all, thank you for posting evidence.

I wasn't aware that I had tranqued you, as as stated in the OP I was only attempting to tranq a group of people I was messing about with, so I apologise that you were caught up.

However, even from the 8 second clip that you have posted I think it's pretty clear that a) it's the late hours of the server, b) no meaningful roleplay is taking place , and c) everyone else in the area is also messing about.

The only harm that has come out of this entire situation is you being unable to move for 20 seconds. Considering that your time seems so invaluable that you'd then spend 10x that editing, uploading and posting video evidence I fail to see how you losing 20s of your playtime is such a tragedy that I should deserve to lose 7 days worth of mine.
(04-10-2018, 01:50 PM)MadLad Wrote:
(04-10-2018, 01:21 PM)JackZ Wrote: -snip-

First of all, thank you for posting evidence.

I wasn't aware that I had tranqued you, as as stated in the OP I was only attempting to tranq a group of people I was messing about with, so I apologise that you were caught up.

However, even from the 8 second clip that you have posted I think it's pretty clear that a) it's the late hours of the server, b) no meaningful roleplay is taking place , and c) everyone else in the area is also messing about.

The only harm that has come out of this entire situation is you being unable to move for 20 seconds. Considering that your time seems so invaluable that you'd then spend 10x that editing, uploading and posting video evidence I fail to see how you losing 20s of your playtime is such a tragedy that I should deserve to lose 7 days worth of mine.

It doesn't matter if any meaningful roleplay is taking place, It's a roleplay server - Roleplay is constantly flowing. You broke the rules so you were punished. It doesn't matter if anybody was harmed or blah blah blah, The moral of the story is - Follow the rules, and you won't get suspended from the servers. I thank you for apologising but i really do not believe for a second that you did not mean to tranquillise me. That's my input on the situation.
Hi MadLad,

Regardless of the fact that it's "a) it's the late hours of the server, b) no meaningful roleplay is taking place , and c) everyone else in the area is also messing about", it does not grant you the ability to mess around with the tools you are trusted with, such as the tranquilizer rifle. Alongside this you have also killed your friend (?) "bean burger" twice in a row within a respective 1 and a half minute time frame, also with the weapons you are trusted with when playing as an SRU.

30 seconds after your friend "bean burger" propkilled you, you started your tranqing spree with bean burger being your first victim, on which we can safely assume you have broken NLR (New Life Rule) during your other rule breakages. In total you have tranqed 6 different people, and in total you have tranqed people 21 times.

If you really wish to "mess around with a couple of friends" in an enclosed environment with no repercussions, I advise you to create a multiplayer session yourself and invite your friends to that session instead, rather than on the server. Despite the fact that you were only trying to have a laugh with your friends, server rules still apply at all times.

I advise you to reconsider why you are playing on a roleplay server, and that if you wish to continue playing after your ban duration is over, that you reread the rules before playing again.

Hopefully you take this as a lesson for the future.

Unban request denied.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.