Shadow Remover Tool
Title of Bug: Shadow Remover Tool

Description: If u make a Advanced Dupe with Shadow remover on a prop the shadow remover will not be there when u place ur prop

Evidence: https://gyazo.com/7fd494e98d5d1c6c22c84727e4c69a86
[Image: R5FyS1P.gif]
It Was Not CDM i Called a Paramedic!
The following 1 user Likes Rudy's post:
  • Spuddy
I also noticed yesterday that when after I smart welded my dupe and tried to shadow remove props, it wouldn't work. But it works sometimes which is pretty weird.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
The tool doesn't really play well with other tools. Even the tool itself barely works for me.
It's probably because shadow remover is a tool specific to FL, the duplicator doesn't recognise it so it doesn't save the new shadow properties changed by the shadow tool. Not sure how one would go about fixing it without messing with Advanced Dupe.
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
Posting for SnowredWolf

While this post might get deleted as I am a banned user, I feel like you could use some information from the creator of this tool.
The tool was created as a standalone tool and does not support the advanced duplicator tool, to save the shadow removing-feature with advanced duplicator, I would have to alter the advanced duplicator tool, or create an extension to my tool that communicates with the advanced duplicator tool. This feature is planned in the future for the official release on the Steam workshop.

I would say this is not a bug as reported.

Captain Barry
The tool plays perfectly with other tools from my experience, neither have I ever had any complaints from the many subscribers that use the steam workshop version. If you say the tool barely works for you, you are probably not aware of how the tool works or perhaps you are using it incorrectly.
(04-04-2018, 04:19 PM)Frost Wrote: Posting for SnowredWolf

While this post might get deleted as I am a banned user, I feel like you could use some information from the creator of this tool.
The tool was created as a standalone tool and does not support the advanced duplicator tool, to save the shadow removing-feature with advanced duplicator, I would have to alter the advanced duplicator tool, or create an extension to my tool that communicates with the advanced duplicator tool. This feature is planned in the future for the official release on the Steam workshop.

Captain Barry
The tool plays perfectly with other tools from my experience, neither have I ever had any complaints from the many subscribers that use the steam workshop version. If you say the tool barely works for you, you are probably not aware of how the tool works or perhaps you are using it incorrectly.
Thanks snowredwolf this clears up alot, ive found myself a work around so i dont really deal with the problem anymore
[Image: R5FyS1P.gif]
It Was Not CDM i Called a Paramedic!
Snow
(Just to clarify, when I say that it doesn't work well with other tools I did in fact mean the duplicator tool. Apologies for being vague.)

The instructions on the tool are pretty clear. Left click to apply the new shadow value and right click to revert it, and a slider to adjust the shadow percentage. However when I use it, I can only either completely remove the shadow properties or revert it. Any changes to the slider have no effect from my perspective. So I have to rely on the colour tool to change the darkness of a prop after I have used the shadow remover tool on it.
[Image: xTRvpSf.png]
(04-04-2018, 04:19 PM)frost Wrote: Posting for SnowredWolf

Captain Barry

Closed.
Kind Regards,
TASSIA
Fearless Developer