Bringing new/old players to the community
There are a few things FL could do in order to double their player base. 

We need to focus on new players and old players; these are the two main groups of players we need to focus on bringing to the server. I personally try to bring my friends both new to the server and old to the server however it’s not easy with how FL is set-up. You only get 10k when you join the server which is nothing and drives new players away. And when it comes to old players they don’t know FL has changed.

My solution is the following:

-         Bring in some form of ‘refer a friend’ system to FL
   -         Give SA's admin on the Fearless steam group
    - When a new update comes out they can advertise it there and old players will come back to try it! You have nearly 4k players in the group and I bet I can get 20% of them to come back easily
   -         Increase what new players get when they join. Reward them for hitting 10 hours, 50 hours, 100 hours. 
   -         When old players come back and hit the next 100th hour they get stuff ingame (possibly a set of guns, a vehicle as some people do give aways etc)
   -         Make donators get double money from contraband
   -         Unban perm’d players who have fucked up. When old players hit 1.7k ish hours it means there is many times they might fuck up as they’ve been playing so long. Give them a chance; they want to play on the server. Let them
   -         Don’t ban new players, there is so many rules now and so many new players join and get banned. There used to be 70 rules when FL started now there is over 200!

These are a very small suggestion of ideas for FL but something that will make it thrive!
The following 6 users Like User 12049's post:
  • Wolven, Grape, Luna, DVN, Envy, Jonas
I'm not completely sure about the last one but for the rest. +Support
This suggestion was needed.
-support you're asking to unban people.
I also disagree with not banning the new players, if my suggestion of video on the rules is given the go ahead then all new members have no excuse.
You have good points on the reward system per hours milestone you hit.
Personally I feel 10k is just enough for new players. They are here to roleplay, let them earn the right to have the best cars.
+support
Wolven

+support
+Support
+Support

I like the milestones and I like the suggestion of utilizing the steam group to attract the older players back to the Fearless servers.
I also really like the RAF idea, I'd like you to elaborate on it some more as to what it entails and what rewards people should get, but I can see it having a lot of potential personally.

I don't believe donators should be getting more money from Contraband, as the payout of it is already plenty as it is. This would also promote contrawhoring, which is one thing we really do not want to take place on the servers, as this is a roleplay server.

As for unbanning permed players, if they really want to play on the servers, they should post an unban request. 
If it's really been that long then who knows they might get unbanned and thus getting that chance again.

As for "allowing newer players to break the rules" (not literally), no. Every admin sit is dealt with on case to case basis. With that I mean that the severity of the rule breakage is taken into account, alongside the experience of the player and their attitude in a sit (are they careless, are they apologetic etc.). Very often newer players get off with a warning or a short blacklist, rather than a ban. Again, fully depending on the situation.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(03-31-2018, 09:27 AM)Yonno Wrote: I also really like the RAF idea, I'd like you to elaborate on it some more as to what it entails and what rewards people should get, but I can see it having a lot of potential personally.

Lets say it works like this:

There is a section on the forms called 'Refer a Friend' on here there will be a base of requirements that are needed to be met. Refer a Friend can also be for returning players, I.E. haven't played in the last... 3 months (can be referred if coming off a ban also). The person referring puts in an application for the user on a thread hidden and only admins can see. It will state the hours when he joins, the RPP's when he comes back etc. He then dependant on reaching 100 hours in the past month? 5 rpp's in the past month etc acquire items. I'd expect it to be like lets say you bring a new player and they hit, 50 hours? I'd honestly expect them to get 180k and 20 big pockets? Why? It's really hard to make money on the server when you're new. Loads of people raid and you'll lose money so fast you most likely can't even defend yourself. Then after hitting 100 hours you get like 50k, and so on. 

PLayer can reply to the thread once they hit the milestone and then admins would give the money out. 

All staff members (inc) mods are allowed to give the items for this. I expect SA/admins to audit the logs of this to make sure no-one is gaining items they should ofc.

I don't believe donators should be getting more money from Contraband, as the payout of it is already plenty as it is. This would also promote contrawhoring, which is one thing we really do not want to take place on the servers, as this is a roleplay server.

Issue is, in my view there really isn't any other way to make money. How I see it, is give people more money from contra so they don't have to contrawhor. Everyone contrawhor's because it takes so long to make money. You make like 20k an hour? It's literally nothing. Increase how much people get and people will be more willing to do stuff on the server.

The main reason why you see rich players only taking part in aggressiveRP is because we're the only ones who can afford to do it. New players cannot risk taking part, the meta of making money needs to be changed as new players just cannot make the money quick enough. This is why people play as cop/SRU as the gear is free. 

As for unbanning permed players, if they really want to play on the servers, they should post an unban request. 
If it's really been that long then who knows they might get unbanned and thus getting that chance again.

Of course! I 100% agree, however I feel if an old player posts an unban appeal just because he fucked up in the past, should be given another chance?  I'd advise you to tell them they need to run an event within 2 months of being unbanned to show they want to come back? Stuff like that, stuff that will benefit the server? Or they need to write a guide. Shit like that

As for "allowing newer players to break the rules" (not literally), no. Every admin sit is dealt with on case to case basis. With that I mean that the severity of the rule breakage is taken into account, alongside the experience of the player and their attitude in a sit (are they careless, are they apologetic etc.). Very often newer players get off with a warning or a short blacklist, rather than a ban. Again, fully depending on the situation.

Of-course, however don't ban/blacklist someone for a small infraction. Us 'veterans' wouldn't break them because we know about them but coming to this server. The first thing you do is you see if the server is worth playing, you don't go and pull out the bible and read it first. Don't ban them, just inform them what they've done wrong. It's like when you get a new gadget, you don't read the instructions, you try and figure them out yourself!
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Grape