Militarization of US Police

Just watch this...

He explains everything. He is an Ex-Police Officer.
The following 3 users Like infiSTAR.de's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Pollux, Weezy_
(03-19-2018, 04:57 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 04:50 PM)Reebs Wrote: The use of armored vehicles is solely for the protection of the responding officer(s).

Could be true but why are they being used for riot oppression and non-emergency drug busts? I just don't get it.

That would be like asking why they wear ballistic vests under their uniform. 

There’s is no garuntee that what officers face on a daily basis will cause no threat to them so therefore all the necessary precautions are taken. A non-emergency drug bust can quickly turn into a gunfight. A riot is already bad enough as it is, so armored vehicles are used to protect the officers responding. 

That and I think if you saw a 3 ton armored vehicle roll towards you, no matter how scared you are or how many people are in it or what they were carrying, you might want to get the fuck out of its way.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 2 users Like Reebs's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, MasterNoda
(03-19-2018, 05:28 PM)Reebs Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 04:57 PM)Spartan_KCT Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 04:50 PM)Reebs Wrote: The use of armored vehicles is solely for the protection of the responding officer(s).

Could be true but why are they being used for riot oppression and non-emergency drug busts? I just don't get it.

That would be like asking why they wear ballistic vests under their uniform. 

There’s is no garuntee that what officers face on a daily basis will cause no threat to them so therefore all the necessary precautions are taken. A non-emergency drug bust can quickly turn into a gunfight. A riot is already bad enough as it is, so armored vehicles are used to protect the officers responding. 

That and I think if you saw a 3 ton armored vehicle roll towards you, no matter how scared you are or how many people are in it or what they were carrying, you might want to get the fuck out of its way.

(03-19-2018, 05:05 PM)infiSTAR.d Wrote: Just watch this...

He explains everything. He is an Ex-Police Officer.

I think this video is amazing, it definitely explains it perfectly . This is exactly why I wanted to start this discussion, to see what other people think about this discussion.
To be honest, the video was an eye-opener. I already thought officers need AR-15's but I'm now on board with providing them with these heavily discounted vehicles as well.
It all makes more sense now

Thank you all,
Spartan
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!

The following 1 user Likes Spartan_KCT's post:
  • Kappatalist
I mean if people have a problem with cops getting bulletproof vehicles and bigger guns they could always just ask the bad guys and the cartels to not use them, then the cops wouldn't have to.
The following 7 users Like Preditor's post:
  • konsta, sebasti161, Spartan_KCT, Reebs, Pollux, MasterNoda, Greed^
This is quite a worrying topic. The police are starting to get out of hand, even here in Finland.
They have fairly recently acquired some new assets which pose a serious threat to civilian lives, if not handled properly.

This thing can basically shred a man into pieces if not used correctly. I don't think police should be allowed to utilize such tools.

Spoiler :
[Image: dL2brQA.jpg]

[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 11 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Emil, Lewwings, sebasti161, Spartan_KCT, Reebs, Preditor, Merle, Marty, mintblackbeard, konsta, Kappatalist
Police are becoming Military lmao.
Kind Regards,
Nephew
Fearless Donator
Police in Scotland are heavily investing in drones etc and cyber security while America is like “load em up boys, we got some black people to shoot”

Have a look at this video in which Police Scotland are actually training and demonstrating to American Police Chiefs etc on diffusing situations. Their response “In America, he’s getting shot”

[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
I should also add the mindset of “well they have guns so we should have better guns” is very problematic in itself, rather than tackle the problem of guns they just bring more firepower to the street.

It’s like the fire brigade treating and arsonist by giving him more petrol, what the fuck do you thinks gonna happen
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Spartan_KCT
(03-24-2018, 09:50 AM)Marty Wrote: I should also add the mindset of “well they have guns so we should have better guns” is very problematic in itself, rather than tackle the problem of guns they just bring more firepower to the street.

It’s like the fire brigade treating and arsonist by giving him more petrol, what the fuck do you thinks gonna happen

I understand what you're saying, though I have to disagree and I would say that the topic is much more in depth than comparing arson crimes and firemen.

I believe the the police should have better guns than the criminals, I don't believe I should have to say as to why because the answer is rather simple - if our police is better equipped than the opposition they stand a better chance at winning and coming out unharmed.

These criminal organizations and thugs don't necessarily get their weapons from corrupt cops that tend to sell them. Sure there could be foul play though I highly doubt it contributes to the overall process in which criminals get such high powered weapons.

A key component to US policing and their training is that they always have to be one step above the person who is breaking the law, officers shouldn't be forced to fight on equal terms with criminals because that only makes it dangerous for everyone.
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • Spartan_KCT, Kappatalist
(03-24-2018, 09:17 AM)Marty Wrote: Police in Scotland are heavily investing in drones etc and cyber security while America is like “load em up boys, we got some black people to shoot”

Have a look at this video in which Police Scotland are actually training and demonstrating to American Police Chiefs etc on diffusing situations. Their response “In America, he’s getting shot”

Policing in the US is entirely different than policing in the UK, hence the training is different. The reason why the police chief was saying he is getting shot is because in accordance to police training here, since he is pulling a weapon that could potentially and rather easily kill someone the responding officer has to defuse the situation for himself and everyone around him. 

I would love to say "oh why doesn't he just taze him?" or "why can't he do what the officer is doing in this video?" but the thing is american police safety is more or less better safe than sorry. I would rather sit here and talk about what the cop could have done to not end up shooting someone than talk about why the cop didn't do more to stop him in the first place, like I often see with crimes in the UK myself.
The following 1 user Likes Preditor's post:
  • Spartan_KCT