Poll: V2D back as main server.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
56.86%
29 56.86%
No.
43.14%
22 43.14%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

V2D as main server
Also kindly advising all people that "agree" with someone's statement to like the post rather than quoting it, because you will be warned for posting to increase post count.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
(03-17-2018, 08:32 PM)Lesanka Wrote: V2D would be the superior map in terms of performance and RP potential IF it was updated with a new skybox and fixed cave.

So this put onto a second server with 50 slots and as well as that another one with v5p on?
If so that would work amazingly.
The following 1 user Likes JackZ's post:
  • Grape
(03-17-2018, 08:31 PM)Coffee Wrote: Please can someone explain these "new" or "different" or "greater" roleplay experiences that v2d offers. Because at the moment these claims are just being thrown around without evidence to back it up and currently the only evidence we have is the past 3 times that v2d has failed.

You cannot prove opinion with evidence. You say where's the evidence? Well, here it is. This is what we do to get the map back. If we did not like the map and what it offers, why would we go through the trouble to do this?

Every time v2d has come back, there was always another server as the main for fearless. The fact that these other servers were main before v2d came out again, then logically the main server will still have a higher player count regardless of people's opinions of the server. It's called the snowball effect. I preferred it when v2d came back again. However, if there are more players on the other map then that's the map you go on. This then escalates to everyone being on one map.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The way V2d was brought back lately was most likely not the best way to go about it. Using the same old broken map with the same old issues while a much more modern and renewed version is available to be played on (v5p).

As Lesanka said, having an UPDATED version of V2D with a skybox and non-yellow lighting may be a preferable option, especially considering the lag we are getting on V5P.
The following 14 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Fudge, JackZ, Grape, Wolven, Xtremefighter, Rudy, don, Goat, , General Rickets, Divey, Lewwings, Archer, Prosto
(03-17-2018, 08:37 PM)Avgar Wrote: The way V2d was brought back lately was most likely not the best way to go about it. Using the same old broken map with the same old issues while a much more modern and renewed version is available to be played on (v5p).

As Lesanka said, having an UPDATED version of V2D with a skybox and non-yellow lighting may be a preferable option, especially considering the lag we are getting on V5P.

I couldn't agree more and put well by two of the best role players to ever play FL.

If the lightning was fixed v2d would be a god map, and the lag on v5p is currently unbearable.
User has been warned for this post. Reason: Posting to increase your post count
(03-17-2018, 08:37 PM)Avgar Wrote: The way V2d was brought back lately was most likely not the best way to go about it. Using the same old broken map with the same old issues while a much more modern and renewed version is available to be played on (v5p).

Lesanka Wrote: Wrote:V2D would be the superior map in terms of performance and RP potential IF it was updated with a new skybox and fixed cave.

Avgar and Lesanka have made great points. Having an updated version of v2d will be amazing for the community. Especially if we go back to two servers with 50 players on each. This will stop the entire 'new map' issue and will increase the server stability which is what development and FL, in general, should be focused on.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
(03-17-2018, 08:36 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:31 PM)Coffee Wrote: Please can someone explain these "new" or "different" or "greater" roleplay experiences that v2d offers. Because at the moment these claims are just being thrown around without evidence to back it up and currently the only evidence we have is the past 3 times that v2d has failed.

You cannot prove opinion with evidence. You say where's the evidence? Well, here it is. This is what we do to get the map back. If we did not like the map and what it offers, why would we go through the trouble to do this?

Every time v2d has come back, there was always another server as the main for fearless. The fact that these other servers were main before v2d came out again, then logically the main server will still have a higher player count regardless of people's opinions of the server. It's called the snowball effect. I preferred it when v2d came back again. However, if there are more players on the other map then that's the map you go on. This then escalates to everyone being on one map.

Ok so a small proportion of the community saying they want a map, is enough to change it for everyone. I never knew that, v2d here we come!!!!
If V2D comes back, that means there is gonna be more motive for old players to come back and old players (from my experience) tend to have a really good experience at RP in general and would probably encourage and improve RP.
The following 1 user Likes Fudge's post:
  • JackZ
(03-17-2018, 08:40 PM)Coffee Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 08:36 PM)Grapefruit Wrote:

Ok so a small proportion of the community saying they want a map, is enough to change it for everyone. I never knew that, v2d here we come!!!!

Coffee just look at what Avgar and Lesanka said.

They have made relevant points.

It doesn't hurt giving it a shot.
perqe
Donator

[Image: PywvXUS.gif]
When it comes to quality, V2D has aged a lot. The visuals, variation, playability, buildings when it comes to design, roads and the skybox. It is just the nostalgia of it that the players remember. Though on that I agree. I spent most of my time on V2D and I have good memories. It has no lag due to how simple it is, but as Lesanka said, a new version would be the best.

Also having 2 servers with 50 player limit would not work. Max players we get is 60-75. If we had 2 servers, one would be full with 50 players and the other one would be a contra server with max 5-20 players. People don't want to play on an empty server where nothing happens. Majority prefers to have a good experience on full server, as seen im the past.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • Lesanka