Poll: V2D back as main server.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
56.86%
29 56.86%
No.
43.14%
22 43.14%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

V2D as main server
(03-17-2018, 09:30 PM)Jan Wrote: V2D lost players because we had two differend maps, not because it is V2D, it's been doing great since 2008 it won't randomly lose popularity because all players suddently dislike it, it only lost popularity because FL lost players in 2015 and clearly couldn't fill up two servers anymore.

V5P is too big, lacks atmosphere, lacks usable RP building people will actually visit.

V2D has always been the best map, v5p is honestly such a shite experience.

Although I do like some aspects of V5P, Jan has his the bullseye with his points. It's not that v2d was a bad map, it's that FL generally lost players and with that loss people went on the other more populated server. v2d has always been the best map however as I mentioned earlier this is where the snowball effect kicks in and people go to the more populated server.

With this FL repopulation, however, v2d should come back as it's the best map. There is no lag, the atmosphere and roleplays are incredible and there is very little server instability. Two servers with a 50 player cap will fix the FL server stability issue we are currently suffering from.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
The following 1 user Likes Grape's post:
  • Lewwings
[Image: j0vzh1v.png]

Ok guys, decision made, #BringBackv2dtoFearlessRP

/sarcasm
not really tho

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

We had two servers and one of them was v2d but no one played on it. So what has changed in the past couple of weeks that means everyone will now play on it?
(03-17-2018, 09:48 PM)Coffee Wrote: We had two servers and one of them was v2d but no one played on it. So what has changed in the past couple of weeks that means everyone will now play on it?

I believe that the server stability has just deteriorated so significantly in the recent months that its borderline unplayable.

The following 4 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Archer, Grape, Lewwings, Wolven
v5p genuinely dissuades me from playing on FL in general, even before whatever recent updates the FPS was fking awful
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
(03-17-2018, 09:48 PM)Coffee Wrote: We had two servers and one of them was v2d but no one played on it. So what has changed in the past couple of weeks that means everyone will now play on it?

If people get used to playing v5p and v2d is added, which is most likely to be joined? v5p. And then a snowball effect happens of people being online on it and not on v2d, so people will join v5p, because as I said, who would like to play a map with 0 players.
The following 2 users Like Foxirius2205's post:
  • Grape, Lewwings
I fully agree by just throwing out v5p
Very very poor performance, I get 75 FPS on an empty v2d hile I get 30 FPS in an empty v5p
PLus v5p didn't bring any of the benefits it was said to be, the number of players hasn't increased nor the amount of rp's
Two servers with 50 slots each is probs the best idea
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
The following 2 users Like Archer's post:
  • Grape, Lewwings
(03-17-2018, 08:53 PM)TheSiphon Wrote: When it comes to quality, V2D has aged a lot. The visuals, variation, playability, buildings when it comes to design, roads and the skybox. It is just the nostalgia of it that the players remember. Though on that I agree. I spent most of my time on V2D and I have good memories. It has no lag due to how simple it is, but as Lesanka said, a new version would be the best.

Also having 2 servers with 50 player limit would not work. Max players we get is 60-75. If we had 2 servers, one would be full with 50 players and the other one would be a contra server with max 5-20 players. People don't want to play on an empty server where nothing happens. Majority prefers to have a good experience on full server, as seen im the past.

You're forgetting that when we have 60-75 players its pretty much unplayable except for the most beastly set-ups, less than half actually enjoy it when v5p is full
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep

Well, Coffee, here is why v2d has failed in the past, but with these specifications, v2d will be popular and played on again, like it should:

Spoiler :
From 2008 till 2015, v2d was one of the servers available to play on GMod Fearless, the community grew at an extensive rate and many became regulars, because of this, a second and eventually a third RP server was made for GMod Fearless. As well as other servers that FL hosted, both on GMod and others game, such as FL's TiTT server, and FL's Minecraft server(s).

The split of 2015 gave a heavy blow to the playerbase and numbers of those playing FL - some for half a decade! - and left. FL, as a result of the smaller playerbase compared to 3 years ago cannot fully fill servers with 75 player slots anymore. 

Since 2015, v2d has been up numerous times, but it had to compete with newer maps such as v33x, v4b1 and finally v5p. Newer players tend to join the other FL server (or "not v2d") as there they either know that map well or there is slightly more players playing on it than v2d. As a result, these new players break the balance and make v5p more popular. Other players, quite a few of them long-term and staff, then go over to v5p instead of v2d. This shrinks v2d's playerbase even more, leaving those who want a high fps rate, die-hard v2d fans, or old/nostalgic players who take every chance to play v2d on FL.

As General Rickets suggested, there could be 2 servers, both with 50 player slots. This would balance out the community enough and leave room for others or new players to join each server at an equal rate. Others have said a short trial of v2d being the only server is the way to go and see how it works it and if it is better this way. Lesanka has pointed out with a modernised version of the v2d map with a skybox and other map fixing features, with the rest of the map looking the exact same, is the best option if v2d were to return.

If v2d is resurrected again, with the above mentioned specifications of either 2 50 player slots, v2d main map trial, or a modernised v2d map edition or all is how v2d could thrive again.

Please, if you have any "plot holes" in this plan, let me know and I'll happily debate it here.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

The following 2 users Like Lewwings's post:
  • Grape, Foxirius2205
You lot saying “Oh why didn’t you play v2d when it was back” you’re deluded.

Use your fkin brains.

It didn’t get played because people follow the crowd, that’s how this community works. More players on v5p then people will play there, it’s as simple as that. So stop with your poor excuses.

V2d was successful, it’s a lot better FPS and offers a hell of a lot for players due to the size of the community currently.
The following 4 users Like Falc's post:
  • Lewwings, Grape, Fudge, Prosto