Is FL dying?
Short answer is yea but it won't end as soon as you might think. All things end one day
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 1 user Likes King Kickass's post:
  • Lewwings
(02-10-2018, 08:00 PM)juicyorange Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 02:34 PM)Broccoli Wrote: -snip-
 gonna #factcheck that #fakenews, gmod is losing popularity as u can see by the quite big dip in your screenshot, if only you moved your cursor.

Fact check it all you want because it's real. My cursor isn't anywhere to be seen on that image and I'm not too sure why there's a dip there since the statistics below say otherwise. Garry's mod has been around the same 50k - 60k players for the last couple years like I said.

[Image: 23bce5f8ff8eef4d965d147613067517.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 1 user Likes Broccoli's post:
  • Pollux
If Cityrp does close down due to inactivity.. But Cityrp creates a whole new game off gmod ect I would definitely buy the game without a doubt obviously I don’t want thos to happen if anything I really wouldn’t like FL to end like this
(02-10-2018, 08:10 PM)Create Wrote: In before someone mentions that its 'exam season' and so numbers are naturally low. However I feel that Fearless is not dying, but its charm is starting to wear off. The community is still big, but the originality for CityRP is slimming. In order for players to fit into that "CityRP" vibes, they decide to makes stores or resturaunts, to the point where these same roleplays are occurring again and again. I think that roleplay is restricted because its hard to find a new unique roleplay which still fits in with CityRP.

I'd like to see a change in the tone of one of the servers, perhaps being set in a different era, whether the future or the past, it'll open a whole wide range of RPs that Fearless has not seen before.
I agree that FL's charm is not the same thing as it was for me to enjoy FL for hours. Everytime I hop on the server, I get easily bored for 5 minutes then I disconnect. What made me love FL to begin with was aggressive RP, basing , raid and killing raiders and this is not only me, lots of others as well. I can confidently say that most FL members don't really enjoy passive RP or RP at all, I personally can't stand it and it's boring for me. My advice is to promote or add something to attract aggressive RPers, and this will result in player growth.  FL lost a lot of great aggressive RP players, Cox, Kippse, Frost (unfairly banned), Jordy, General Rickets, Myself, Falc, Ghostkiller, Wolven, Richtea, JackZ, JoshZ, Razz, Dobby and countless of others. We either got banned or left or took a break or got bored and moved to a different game. I noticed ever since a lot of the great aggressive players stopped playing FL, it's losing the charm and players and hence why this thread was created in the first place.
The following 1 user Likes konsta's post:
  • L Y N C H Y
First time: What I enjoyed most about FL was that my shit PC was able to run it lmao. I enjoyed working my way up, the rush of a raid since I had tones to lose, trading with players - selling cars and suits for 80k and police uniforms for a good 30k because as soon as I sent that advert, the whole server would PM you lmao!

Now: The 'classic' players are gone and in my opinion FL has simply lost that feeling. Sounds a bit dumb however it's hard to explain! I think little things such as suits are only worth about 40k instead of 80k and that there are half the role plays being hosted since I joined. I have bought myself a great PC so I try to play other games in order to get my money's worth but I think FL as a community has become more politer and on the forums there isn't anything to read when you wake up haha, no abuse cases or shitposts Tounge just become a bit... Boring! Updates can't change the player base, but you know what I think...

Spoiler :
banwipe.exe

//phone
^ For me, what kept me here at all was the clan system.

If it wasn't for that, I probably would have got around 30 hours and then gone off never to be seen again.

I know that for many, even though it may not be as drastic as that, clans (and groups of any kind) are a large contributing factor to a person's reason for playing - communities within communities allow friendships to be created and provide a secondary intensive to get on and contribute to the atmosphere of the server.

Unfortunately, over time, the possibility for clans to exist as a microcosm has lowered, and competition between clans, which is what makes all of the members work so hard, has ceased to exist. This is a large part due to a changing player base who don't really want to be part of those sort of things anymore.

As has been shown above, gmod player statistics are steady, but I feel that, as older community members get... older, they drop out and their places are failed to be filled by a younger generation who perhaps prefer something more casual like prophunt or TTT, and if they do play FL, they don't get too invested into it.
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(02-10-2018, 10:50 PM)Dobbs Wrote: First time: What I enjoyed most about FL was that my shit PC was able to run it lmao. I enjoyed working my way up, the rush of a raid since I had tones to lose, trading with players - selling cars and suits for 80k and police uniforms for a good 30k because as soon as I sent that advert, the whole server would PM you lmao!

Now: The 'classic' players are gone and in my opinion FL has simply lost that feeling. Sounds a bit dumb however it's hard to explain! I think little things such as suits are only worth about 40k instead of 80k and that there are half the role plays being hosted since I joined. I have bought myself a great PC so I try to play other games in order to get my money's worth but I think FL as a community has become more politer and on the forums there isn't anything to read when you wake up haha, no abuse cases or shitposts Tounge just become a bit... Boring! Updates can't change the player base, but you know what I think...

Spoiler :
banwipe.exe

//phone

Not gonna lie unbanning everyone and letting everyone have a fully fresh start i think that would make a massive impact as most of the Aggressive role players are pretty much banned or have left cause mates have been banned stuff like that i say we have a massive forums vote such as

Unban everyone fresh start
New Map (As everyone seems to say they hate this map and stuff like that)
Guys im drunk af typing this but I want u all to know that regarless of whether gmof server are dying or not, have fun playing on the server thats all its about make good memories
[Image: 10WI43J.gif?1]
The following 2 users Like King Kickass's post:
  • Ethan Bradberry, Link
I'd like fearless to invest money in other gamemodes such as Deathrun, Maybe a Darkrp, Jail break things like that?
I don't know! I just know something needs to be changed to get the servers/community back to what they use to be.
I understand Fearless stands on the grounds of roleplaying servers/community but maybe expanding the community to wider gamemodes might not be such a bad idea? Just my opinion on things.
[Image: Bj6kLZS.png]
I honestly think moving Fearless to increase the amount of funds it receives. Although Gmod is still an openly popular video-game, and it’s full of creativity and fun, but, it doesn’t seem that it could last the next few years due to the statistics of the amount of players playing Garry’s Mod.
pls rep so i can be famous like soulripper