Is FL dying?
I think we're fine. Numbers drop naturally but it's still at an enjoyable level for me to keep playing and have fun.
Not too sure why everyone's saying Gmod is dying. The game has kept a steady 50,000 - 60,000 since the last 4 years.

[Image: 14b46fde5c2a0452c13c1161d5d0d158.png]

I don't see Garry's Mod dying that much even if people get bored of it. There are thousands hard working developers who create new maps, gamemodes, addons, textures and what not everyday because it's a great platform to experiment on with such great support for developers. Even if Fearless doesn't have replay-ability, doesn't mean other game modes don't. I don't think Garry's Mod is dying and neither do I think Fearless is, I think people are jumping to that conclusion because they got bored or they've seen someone they know get bored of the game.
[Image: unknown.png]
The following 1 user Likes Broccoli's post:
  • Zona
yes it is
wannabe skid
[Image: J8Wdw2Z.gif]
Well..so many old player left and IDK why i think FL is not taht fun before
And rulesbreaker become more and more is really unplayable when there is no admin
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:77252893&b=7]
The following 1 user Likes I_ARE_APPLE's post:
  • Zona
Personally i think it will be good to do a complete new map as most people tell me they hate this map so maybe doing a new map would help people come back ect
What I have noticed with this community is they have got to a stage where so many of the players have invested huge chunks of time to the servers they struggle to let go. When I do visit the server I find many players log on because that is their routine, once online no minimal RP takes place they just sit there, sometimes arguing about rules, staffing or other insignificant matters. When community members say FL is dead or dying, it doesn't just mean that numbers are reclined, the actual enjoyment is gone. A new base game or gamemode wouldn't change this, it is a issue with the 'community'.

I think what set FL ahead previously was the incorporation of custom builds with relation to many RP types, where the focus was on enjoying yourself through RP not rule reciting ect.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 5 users Like MrFinnConlon's post:
  • L Y N C H Y, Zona, Infernaw, Lewwings, Pollux
(02-10-2018, 11:06 AM)Archer Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 04:58 PM)sebasti161 Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 04:46 PM)Archer Wrote: FL isn’t dying-Gmod is
Just look at the stats, most members who recently left went to other games and not other Gmod communities
I believe we should make a switch as soon as a viable platform comes up

if gmod is dying then fl is going to die aswell lol

Not if we move on to another game

whats your plan, go on another game and shut down cityrp and then make a roleplay server exactly alike on that game? can you name any game where you can make the same kind of roleplaying gamemode on?
The following 1 user Likes sebasti161's post:
  • Random
(02-10-2018, 02:34 PM)Broccoli Wrote: Not too sure why everyone's saying Gmod is dying. The game has kept a steady 50,000 - 60,000 since the last 4 years.

[Image: 14b46fde5c2a0452c13c1161d5d0d158.png]

I don't see Garry's Mod dying that much even if people get bored of it. There are thousands hard working developers who create new maps, gamemodes, addons, textures and what not everyday because it's a great platform to experiment on with such great support for developers. Even if Fearless doesn't have replay-ability, doesn't mean other game modes don't. I don't think Garry's Mod is dying and neither do I think Fearless is, I think people are jumping to that conclusion because they got bored or they've seen someone they know get bored of the game.
 gonna #factcheck that #fakenews, gmod is losing popularity as u can see by the quite big dip in your screenshot, if only you moved your cursor.
In before someone mentions that its 'exam season' and so numbers are naturally low. However I feel that Fearless is not dying, but its charm is starting to wear off. The community is still big, but the originality for CityRP is slimming. In order for players to fit into that "CityRP" vibes, they decide to makes stores or resturaunts, to the point where these same roleplays are occurring again and again. I think that roleplay is restricted because its hard to find a new unique roleplay which still fits in with CityRP.

I'd like to see a change in the tone of one of the servers, perhaps being set in a different era, whether the future or the past, it'll open a whole wide range of RPs that Fearless has not seen before.
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • konsta
(02-10-2018, 08:10 PM)Create Wrote: In before someone mentions that its 'exam season' and so numbers are naturally low.

this was the excuse before summer 2016 aswell, the playernumbers just continued to sink slowly.