Poll: Should People be made to post the full video on Player reports
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
18.75%
3 18.75%
No
81.25%
13 81.25%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ban Requests / Player reports
Earlier in the year, I was playing on a server and I had to make a ban request, And they asked for the video in full ( 5 mins before the rule break happened and 5 after), And I was looking for the Template and rules for a ban request and they don't say that the video needs to be like this, yet it says if you are found Hiding evidence then you shall be banned, I think by making people post the video in full it helps the situation becuase you get more context. I would have made a suggestion but the Suggestion thread area is closed, but do you think they should be made to post the whole video or Just edit it down to where the Player seams fit for his cause?
5 minutes before and after isn't necessary for all cases, such as proppush PRs and the sort, but a video simply cropped down to 28 seconds of rulebreak without any context simply isn't enough, as everything needs a context for it to be acted upon. Then again, some may not feel comfortable with a full 5 minutes before and after as their recording may show them looking at private stuff (i.e. things related to their real life, things they would like to keep private, ect). However, in most cases, context is needed for the right punishment to be issued.

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

All the video needs is the context, if needed for RDM for exmaple, and the actual rule break.
If your showing some CDM, or prop pushing, no context is needed, cause there isn't context to that
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
The following 1 user Likes dawson270500's post:
  • Lewwings
No, if you can cut a 5 minute video down to something that is 30 seconds it makes it much easier.

Not to mention, we do tend to prefer videos showing the interaction from start to finish.
If someone was to contest your ban request then an administrator should be requesting your unedited video. But often a lot of players don’t record all the time.

For example I just hotkey the windows default recorder when a rule is being broken. No need for me to record my entire gameplay.
[Image: giphy.gif]
So much easier and saves so much time to cut down the video.

I do not agree at all that it should be required to post the full video unless an admin requests it. It is a complete waste of  time and effort.
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
Personally i think there should show some contex, and if the video is to short just send the un edited version
Listen. Stop crying about that report that John made. You shouldn't be made to show the whole video, only relevant things. If the video had been cut down but 5 mins prior they broke a rule, then it's your responsibility to post a report. Not request an extra 5 mins (before and after)
Wolven