Enhanced VCMod Vehicle Features
Title of Suggestion:
Enhanced VCMod Vehicle Features

Description: 
Currently we have VCMod enabled on the server on all cars, however we are currently only using the lights on cars. VCMod offers a lot more when it comes to enhanced features. These features would make vehicle related roleplay a lot more immersive and in-depth, especially for mechanics.
Keep in mind, we have all of these features already bought and basically installed, they just need to be enabled.

Firstly, dynamic vehicle part specific damage system. Currently when you shoot a car it does damage pretty evenly and also really easily kills the player. With dynamic vehicle part damage, for example shooting tires would only pop the tires and make driving harder. This way the driver isn't so much in danger and the car can be easily stopped. Also this part specific system would mean that if your light breaks, wheel or engine for example breaks, you can go the mechanic, he will have a system to repair only selected parts. This means that if your engine is barely hit, you can still ask for the tires to be repaired. This would mean that only the parts you need repaired will be repaired if you wish.

This would also make mechanic RP a lot more in-depth. Instead of just left clicking on a vehicle and waiting for a repair bar to fill, you can get specific vehicle parts, repair specific vehicle issues and make the RP a lot more interesting that way. Any sort of self repair can be tweaked, though this would give mechanics more of a purpose, even though most of the time there is at least one mechanic on the server.

Also there would be repair kits for how much damage you need fixed, for example 100% repair box, 50% kit and 25% tool set.

Realistic fueling. Currently you only drive next to a gas station, wait few seconds and drive off. This new system would make it more interesting with fuel pumps that actually work, you can pre-set how much fuel you need. Also there are different fuel types, diesel, petrol and electric. This would make fuel efficiency a thing to consider when purchasing a vehicle. Also it allows you to fill a gas canister/a car depending on how much fuel you need. Same with the repairing section, you won't be paying extra for small repairs or things you do not need. 

Few other interesting features would be to make cars act a lot better when for example driving over a spike strip. 
You can check few videos of the features here, but keep in mind that the system can be tweaked a lot and some features can be disabled. 
Also this would change the pursuit roleplay a lot. Currently firing on a vehicle is a death sentence and most of the time the suspect dies. Same goes for general aggressive RP. You could shoot the tires or engine to disable/slow down the vehicle for more passive stop, instead of just killing or nearly killing the poor fella behind the wheel.

FULL LIST OF POSSIBLE FEATURES, FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANYTHING THAT COULD BE ALSO INCLUDED:

https://www.gmodstore.com/scripts/view/21

Quick showcase of the features, links above ^^

Spoiler :
[Image: sI6APco.png]

Keep in mind, I am not suggesting of adding every single feature from VCMod, also not making it too serious, but I am simply suggesting to make the system a bit more interesting instead of the current boring system. This would also make things a lot better for mechanics, police& criminals and general car RP

Why:

A new more interesting system would allow ton more features when it comes to vehicle related RP. Instead of simple boring task for mechanics, it would make it more interesting by adding various features.
Also it would possibly finally add a feature to disable a car without potentially killing the driver. This would be a big change in the police/pursuit RP. Even though fearless is a semi-serious RP, a lot of the features would fit in on the server. 

The system is already bought and only needs to be enabled, so currently we aren't using the system to it's full potential. 
In this case, I believe we should try something new, and this could be that new feature we are looking for to spice up the 10 year old gamemode a bit. But even then it would still be the good old Fearless.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 3 users Like TheSiphon's post:
  • Ethan Bradberry, Byra,
+Support

Do not enable all tho. Drive by for example...
(01-07-2018, 06:45 PM)DreeBott Wrote: +Support

Do not enable all tho. Drive by for example...

Agreed. There are some features that wouldn't work on server, including the drive by.
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • DreeBott
-Support
Sincerely,
Merle | Merle Colton
Fearless Community Member
[Image: D7w1XJj.jpg]
+supporters
+Support
Kind Regards,
[Image: 2tVFym3.png]
Keep in mind that changing settings in VC-MOD will make the gamemode cry and drop your already low FPS to the depths of hell. Don't forget the curse that breaks the gamemode as usual.

-Support

PS : Well, if you gonna add it then test the car crashes first.
(01-07-2018, 08:29 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: Keep in mind that changing settings in VC-MOD will make the gamemode cry and drop your already low FPS to the depths of hell. Don't forget the curse that breaks the gamemode as usual.

-Support

PS : Well, if you gonna add it then test the car crashes first.

Hmm, I see. Though this is opposite of what they claim on their site. 

Though I was never planning to include the fumes in the suuggestion, as they are not needed.

After reading user feedback on few sites, I've seen comments that the lag can be caused by the various smokes when car spins around or backfires.
(Of course single car doing this won't lag the server, but exhaust fumes combined might cause problems)
And by mainly there were only one or two comments about the lag.

I need to check if there is an option to disable smoke/exhaust fumes, which I very much think should be there.

EDIT: Read another RP communities thread on this, a simple fix for the fps drop is to disable exhaust fumes in user options. I haven't seen word on lag caused by any other features of the mod (except for the lights itself, which we already have)

Also we don't need to enable exhaust fumes and any kind of slide smokes are rare to see on everyday play, though it can be disabled too.
+Support
If we don't add the tire smoke and exhaust fumes its a +support for me!

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are on the fueling system.
With the ability to move the fuel pipe itself there will be a lot of minging around the gas station I assume.
I'm not really sure if I like the fueling system but I'm curious as to what you have to say about it
[Image: Qw1lIDA.jpg]
Fearless Donator
Click me!