Flaws of the "System"
- Removed not to convey the truth but to stop "Bull Shitting" and "Bitching". RevRP is closed, we will take the appropriate actions towards this, we do not want arguing or and form of flaming, attacking admins and players is not the way forward. -

- Dryblood (The guy who edits posts)
Did he pay you to do this?
I think its funny how when the new admins were announced (not Black and Elder, the ones before that) the thread was full of people who weren't happy and stating their opinion. And the thread got closed because "it was getting out of hand, it was a flame war, etc.". Yet thats exactly what the Vaq thread was, except admins were in on the flaming.. Logic

I don't support Vaq at all for what he did, but come on. If you're going to expect other people in the community to be mature you should too.
(01-05-2012, 02:27 AM)Coal Felpz Wrote: Did he pay you to do this?

I would happily reply with a "No"
I don't take bribes nor do I take those whom offer them seriously
I do have to say there was a lack of maturity from both vaq and the Fearless admins in that thread
(01-05-2012, 02:06 AM)wweee2345 Wrote: Its simply as easy as tracing the internet protocol that is sending several thousand packets to the server and obviously look for logs that contain Vaq's IP address. Clear the name of someone who is being accused or allow him to be hated for something he didn't do?

Unless the DDOSer was really stupid, it would not be his actual IP address.
1. A botnet can't be bought. Unless you set it up, and buy bots from other botnet owners. I think you mean a "booter".

2. Unfortunately, you can't trace back hostboots. There are many types of hostbooters, and all (except using your own connection) can't be traced. Why?

Botnet - A spyware that uses infected machines to hostboot.
Booter - A website/script that uses VPSes to hostboot.
(01-05-2012, 04:07 AM)kertopz Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 02:06 AM)wweee2345 Wrote: Its simply as easy as tracing the internet protocol that is sending several thousand packets to the server and obviously look for logs that contain Vaq's IP address. Clear the name of someone who is being accused or allow him to be hated for something he didn't do?

Unless the DDOSer was really stupid, it would not be his actual IP address.

Funny you mention that, you know what DDOS is correct?

DDOS requires a stable connection from which to launch the attack and keep it continuous. You know what that files out? Exactly VPN's, Tunnels, Proxies, and and Socks.
Even if he were to be using a booter, you can just about trace the purchase, accounts, SQL databases associated with the account, and etc. Considering the fact that most use the account system running off different ports makes it even easier to trace. Booters are a waste of money and majority of the people that do DDOS the server are younger members mad about being banned. Fortunately Vaqxination is neither a younger member and isn't stupid enough to waste the money.

Highly unlikely he was DDOSing the server considering he was too consumed running his own server. Have you ever run a server Kertopz? Do you realize the constant maintenance and watch that is required to run one?

Being a server owner myself, I can reflect and say that rarely do I have free time to carry out other activities as Im too busy with the task at hand on the server.

So it may be Tank, my mistakes on that piece, it has been some time since Ive done some reading on Booters. With this in mind though evidence is lacking that DDOS has become more often after he was banned. Ive been on recently on and off and it tends to be as it was on the server before this, and the one before that.
Trust me, you can't trace an attack, unless you are the goverment. It's a huge process.

Anyhow, I'll make a small flow diagram.

Booter - Login In to booter CP > Send request to server > Server sends packets to IP.

Botnet - Open DDoSer > Send Request to victims > Victim machines attack IP

This process in no way involved reveals the IP of the attacker.
Everyone else has seen this massive apology right? Although, after what he has done, I have strong doubts he will ever come back. http://www.revolutionrp.com/ <--- Its a whole page of apology