Community Feedback
(01-01-2018, 06:17 PM)Fultz Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 05:47 PM)Divey Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 05:42 PM)Fultz Wrote: Personally dont see the positive in people posting their opinion on each staff member. I mean what? You guys going to demote them if they get a lot of negative opinions?

Other than that, interesting way to get the community involved. Even though like I said, I do not see any of this delivering anything other than the satisfaction of making it seem like my opinion matters.

We decided to integrate questions regarding each staff member so that they could recieve information on how the community perceives them and how they could improve going into the new year, so that we could build a better relationship with the staff and community. Obviously some feedback may need to be taken with a pinch of salt, but nevertheless we should take all concerns seriously and evaluate how we can improve.

The survey was created to give us an idea in the direction the majority of the community want to take and this is something Awestruck and I will be pushing in all aspects so we have a clear goal we want to meet by the end of the year, this is especially important with regards to Development.

For the development side, I personally felt like it was more like I was making a suggestion thread without making one. Which I feel like I should just copy and paste what I wrote and post it in a discussion thread because I feel like that has a bigger impact than just sending it privately to you guys. I mean imagine how many surveys do you think will be filled out in this month time? A couple hundred? You are honestly telling me that you and Awestruck are going to sit down read each one and discuss it with each other? I dunno, I just dont see that happening personally.

Back to the staff member thing though? Say we have a staff member who I feel could use some work. Lets just say they are quick to ban someone instead of hearing the whole story, or I feel is very bias towards his friends and or more lenient. Are they just going to read that and possibly do some soul searching and change their ways? Or are you guys enforcing change if their is a popular opinion throughout the community? Say for the second example of bias towards friends. If a majority says that about a staff member would you enforce he changes or be demoted? Because if not, if I were a staff member I wouldnt give a rat's ass about the opinions I got.

We wouldn't ask questions if we weren't going to do anything with the results.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
The following 3 users Like Divey's post:
  • Awestruck, Lewwings, Exotic
That doesn't really answer my question though. What are you going to do with the results? Would you demote someone over this? Or what?
(01-01-2018, 06:29 PM)Fultz Wrote: That doesn't really answer my question though. What are you going to do with the results? Would you demote someone over this? Or what?

Probably learn and improove
(01-01-2018, 04:07 PM)Captain Barry Wrote: I think some people are about to get anonymously roasted. That's if the IP's aren't getting tracked haha

Yea IPs are tracked, so really isnt anonymous
You guys had me at the transparency part. Creating useless guidelines and public walls of shame isn't transparency...

Also IPs are indeed tracked, so claiming this is anonymous isn't right.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • Ratatoskrr, mintblackbeard
(01-01-2018, 06:54 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 04:07 PM)Captain Barry Wrote: I think some people are about to get anonymously roasted. That's if the IP's aren't getting tracked haha

Yea IPs are tracked, so really isnt anonymous

I don't receive any ip addresses, here are the settings regarding making it anonymous.
[Image: yvkjXKO.png]
Feel free to correct me if it is indeed the case.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
Your IPs aren't visible on the Google Survey.

Why would Google even consider allowing us to see people's IPs? People use this service all the time, for free, showing IPs would be a huge security risk for Google's users. So, unless I work at Google, it's anonymous.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 7 users Like Awestruck's post:
  • Divey, , Yonno, Jonas, Wolven, mintblackbeard, Exotic
Not entirely sure how far informed people are on capabilities of anonymous forms on GoogleForms but you'd have to go a lot further than the push of a button to extract IPs from a google form.

Typeform does allow this (also with workarounds with the use of Zapier) but is a paid questionnaire software.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • DVN
Not sure why people are complaining really. It's hard to say what will come of the survey and information and how we will proceed when it's not finished yet. It will be based upon the final data collected, there obviously isn't much to plan due to the lack of information.

If you don't like it that's not a problem, if otherwise answer the questions truthfully in hope for future improvements.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Divey
(01-01-2018, 07:18 PM)DVN Wrote: Not sure why people are complaining really. It's hard to say what will come of the survey and information and how we will proceed when it's not finished yet. It will be based upon the final data collected, there obviously isn't much to plan due to the lack of information.

If you don't like it that's not a problem, if otherwise answer the questions truthfully in hope for future improvements.

Because it’s all words typed out to look good to the community and put on a good impression like something will change, when in fact it’s clear there is no real end goal from this apart from seeing what people think of staff members lmao.

Secondly, you want opinions on staff, but opinions without evidence are false, correct? So if I were to say said Administrator was abusive at times, but with no evidence what’s the point in my saying it about the staff member? 

Things like this have happened before and caused so much hype, yet every time it goes quiet with no real result. It’s just comical seeing this things now, as well as the responses from the SA’s to questions asked on this thread.
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • Dragnort_