[SPOILERS] Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Just been to see this with Divey. I thought it was a really good film and have seen it twice now already!

Some of my favourite parts:
- Kylo betraying Snoke and his lightsaber fight alongside Rey
- Holdo's lightspeed sacrifice, the way this was created with the complete silence as all the ships got shredded was simply amazing to watch
- The Falcon saves the day on Crait, loved the way the Tie Fighters swarmed it because of how much history the ship has
- Luke's send off, thought it was done very well and am glad he became one with the force instead of getting slashed up like others have done in the past.
- Loved seeing Yoda return, and loved how they kept the authentic puppet look of the original trilogy rather than the CGI one from the prequels.
- The entire music score was incredible, always has been throughout all of star wars. Couldn't imagine the films without the music.

Some things I think were a bit annoying:
- Snoke was killed off already? I was hoping he'd get to live at least until Episode 9 as we've only just been introduced to him properly. We also still don't know much about him or who he is, maybe this will still get addressed in Episode 9 despite him being dead. Or maybe he isn't dead? I've seen a theory that he was doing what Luke did at the end, creating a hallucination of himself. We've seen how powerful he is, being able to bridge two people's minds, so maybe he's played us all.
- Finn and Rose's little adventures didn't really excite me and I'm not really a fan of Rose tbh, she fucking crashed into Finn when he was about to make an epic sacrifice and then gave him a weak kiss before passing out, not buying it lol.
- Was there any actual purpose to Captain Phasma? she had the potential to be a really cool villain but just ended up being a bit shit tbh
- Wasted opportunity to pay homage to the original trilogy by getting Rey to use the force to lift Luke's crashed X-Wing out of the water by the island as part of her training.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 3 users Like Tomo's post:
  • Divey, mgdwszx, Dragnort_
(12-20-2017, 09:55 PM)Tomo Wrote: - Kylo betraying Snoke and his lightsaber fight alongside Rey
- Holdo's lightspeed sacrifice, the way this was created with the complete silence as all the ships got shredded was simply amazing to watch

Really beautifully shot scenes, completely agree. Choreography of their fight against the Praetorian Guards was s i c k
Kind of wish Admiral Ackbar was the one performing the lightspeed sacrifice, would've made for a more fitting end

Enjoyed the movie, in hindsight though lots of loose ends.
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
The following 1 user Likes mgdwszx's post:
  • Tomo
Personally I kinda wanted Leia to do it. Also Akbar died OMG, like I was really said also I was quite ashamed that the actors of Akbar and RD-2D were not giving a 'In Memory' of at the end only Carrie did, they were all great actors. Akbar dying literally was sad though. Its no Longer a Trap...
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(12-17-2017, 09:12 PM)Random Wrote:
(12-16-2017, 10:53 PM)TheMJ Wrote: I loved the film. Was amazing when Admiral Holdo used light speed on the raddus to absolutely obliterate the supremacy ship xD

The whole cinema went quiet when it happened xD

OT; Amazing movie, beyond my expectations!

Must have been my favourite scene of the movie. I was gob-smacked.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
I'm not gonna lie, I was really disappointed with this movie.

Luke's Character didn't make sense. He was prepared to kill his nephew because he had a feeling he might turn bad, but when his father is an evil Lord of the universe, he still thinks he can turn him over? Nah man. Just nah.

I'm also not really a fan of the new trilogy. We've already had this story. A group of rebels fighting against the Galaxy's overlords. At least George Lucas got one thing right with the prequels. It was a new story, and they were nothing like the originals, which is good, because it shows Lucas wan't trying to make a money grab trilogy out of recycled material.
[Image: jck7EJ6.png]