Allow taxes to 40-100%
I have to agree. The taxes should be able to be increased past 20%, however not to 100%. A cap to it, around 50%, would be a good idea.

+support
(11-18-2017, 02:56 PM)LordOfMemory Wrote: I have to agree. The taxes should be able to be increased past 20%, however not to 100%. A cap to it, around 50%, would be a good idea.

+support

50% would be a reasonable cap. Anything past that would make being a president a slightly overpowered way of making money whilst doing nothing.
+Support
If something like this were to be added we would also need to look at the currency the President would receive from raising their taxes, as Schnitzel already pointed out, $1,000 every 5 minutes (aprox) is quite a lot of money, if the threshold was raised considerably we would need to take how much money would be earned into consideration, although everyone would like a bit more money it could risk messing with the servers economy and then it could be so 'overpowered' that the only job people want to play is President.
[Image: f2kzlKW.png]
(11-18-2017, 03:07 PM)Divey Wrote: If something like this were to be added we would also need to look at the currency the President would receive from raising their taxes, as Schnitzel already pointed out, $1,000 every 5 minutes (aprox) is quite a lot of money, if the threshold was raised considerably we would need to take how much money would be earned into consideration, although everyone would like a bit more money it could risk messing with the servers economy and then it could be so 'overpowered' that the only job people want to play is President.

Keep in mind you can make like what 1.5k per 5mins with JUST contraband (not accounting for weed and paychecks).

I don't think 40-50% tax will make this OP for making money because as soon as you go over 20% it should be raid-able so you can't just farm money.
The following 1 user Likes User 12049's post:
  • Jonas
Cap it at 60% and make everything ABOVE 20% (so 21%...) raidable ^^
So yeah +Support
(11-18-2017, 03:07 PM)Divey Wrote: If something like this were to be added we would also need to look at the currency the President would receive from raising their taxes, as Schnitzel already pointed out, $1,000 every 5 minutes (aprox) is quite a lot of money, if the threshold was raised considerably we would need to take how much money would be earned into consideration, although everyone would like a bit more money it could risk messing with the servers economy and then it could be so 'overpowered' that the only job people want to play is President.

I do agree with you on your point that the job becomes overpowered; maybe come up with something that counters that. But this change will not ruin the server's economy.
-support
If 20% is already 1000$+, then it would be two, three, four or even five times larger than that.
President and Vice president only sit in their office, accepting warrants. There is no risk involved in it, unless they go dictator.

Also players should be able to make some money from salary, so it's not just two options, be president or contrafarm just to make a bit of money.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • Lewwings
I think the purpose of this suggestion is that we could raise the tax cap, but if you'd go over 20% you had to be a dictator, and people would be able to raid you for it as they'd have a real struggle to pay rents, get food etc.

I'm sticking with my +support.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
The following 1 user Likes Jonas's post:
  • Lewwings
-support.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
15k every 5 minutes as president will be fun
The following 1 user Likes Bobby's post:
  • James