Username: SirNarc

Accused Staff Member: [FL] Tomo

Involved Users:
  • Shadow
  • SoulRipper

Time/Date/Time Zone:  November 1st and January 1st or so.

Abuse of Power or Rule Infringement: He used his admin powers on the forum for personal matters. 

Evidence and Explanation:
First of all, first video was accepted by as told by her via Soul... She was aware of the second video coming out and yet she didn't come until almost 1 year later to demand BOTH videos down.
Tomo decided to remove my thread on off-topic because he wanted to protect his ex-girlfriend. He had no reasoning for doing it but then tried to excuse it by saying some forum rule "covered" him. His decision was very hasty and subjective. 

So almost a year ago I encountered [FL:RP] Shadow (Turtle) on the servers together with I assume her then friend JagMaz and they were conversating for the first part of the video. The second part she spoke with another player(Falcon) and she tried to convince him to lend her his house to show me her house dupe. The interaction between both of them was funny. The video isn’t ONLY about Shadow which Tomo kept saying. Her interactions with other players make the video funny, not her alone… Hell, the opening of the first video is JagMaz mumbling and stumbling on his words. But I believe this is irrelevant…
No rule was broken by posting a link to a video. 

I was unaware at first what was going on because Tomo never contacted me nor gave me an actual forum warning. I had to send him a message on steam because I suspected him(simply because I’ve heard they’re ex’s). He then simply replied yes and I requested an explanation. He kept saying it’s common decency and that he was just trying to protect her. After a few minutes of me explaining it was not me making fun of her but simply documenting the reality that was on the servers. He then came up with the reason that I violated rule 8d which states:

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.”
He said I abused her for laughs and was not respectful towards Shadow demanding it to be removed from my YouTube account. I can understand if I wrote a text/commented in the video, on how embarrassing she was acting when she was drunk and insulting her. But I did not, I added subtitles and music... 

Shadow herself said on steam that NO RULE WAS BROKEN 
[Image: PRUeRJd.jpg]
I believe that removing my thread is an abuse of power and if I were to repost it he certainly would warn me or ban me. 

Here we have [FL] SoulRipper CLEARLY stating that no rule was broken... he if someone would know?
[Image: QQg5vHQ.jpg]
I don't believe Tomo made a "mistake" by removing my thread, I think it was deliberate. He expected me to accept it hence why he didn't have an official reason for it at the time I contacted him. 

[Image: oRzYt2F.jpg]
Recent STEAM chat from Soul when I asked him of what he thought of this.

He had no official reason to remove it at first, only because he thought it was common decency...
Tomo desperately tried to justify his action by claiming I broke a forum rule because I, "Abused her for laughs", and "disrespected her". 
[Image: yyltFNL.jpg]

A year ago she seemed to accept the video... A post from my thread to where I linked the first video of her.
[Image: XvNzvfF.jpg]

Condoning "public humiliation" on Frost, he's no Ex Girlfriend so why care...
[Image: KHRWTHx.jpg]

[Image: yzXb5h8.jpg]
As I said in our private chat, this is a waste of time. There is no abuse on Tomo's behalf. I asked you kindly to remove the video and you did not, I was then informed about the thread you posted and asked Tomo to remove it as I did not like it. People change their mind and you should respect their choice and feelings either way. Him being my "Ex" is irrelevant and even if it did, he is still doing the right thing. Post the thread again and I can ask another staff member and I'm almost certain he would take the thread down if asked by me, a member of the community who feels targeted and would just simply like the video/post removed as it is about them.

With the chat between you and SoulRipper "Seems like a personal issue" I believe that is out of context and is talking about how I do not want the post being up there, not about Tomo's actions towards the situation.
Hi SirNarc,

Was expecting this report sooner seen as you promised me it a couple of weeks ago, but here we are.

First things first, I think we should post our entire Steam chat log here, instead of just the parts you wanted to use.

Spoiler :
 20:45 - <SirNarc/>: You removed the thread?
20:47 - [FL] Tomo: That's correct
20:48 - <SirNarc/>: did I break any rules by posting it?
20:49 - <SirNarc/>: Cause I got contaced by soul from the first video and he only asked nicely and that no rules were broken
20:50 - <SirNarc/>: Since, I suppose Soul and Shadow were together
20:52 - [FL] Tomo: Shadow didn't want it on the forums and since she is the main subject of the video, i'd say that gives me enough reason to remove it. If she's asked you nicely to not use that video you should respect that, even if you think the video's funny.
20:52 - [FL] Tomo: It's just common decency
20:53 - <SirNarc/>: She were OK with the first video, I got told by her and via Soul and now she wants it down? That's not acceptable.
20:53 - [FL] Tomo: So you've never changed your mind?
20:53 - [FL] Tomo: In your life
20:53 - <SirNarc/>: If soul made it clear no rules were broken nor that I could get in trouble for it, why should you act differently?
20:56 - [FL] Tomo: Because I honestly don't care. The decent thing to do if she's asked for you not to post it is to keep it to yourself. I'd say forum rule 8d covers me tbh.
20:59 - <SirNarc/>: well...
20:59 - <SirNarc/>: That's a bit far stretched
20:59 - [FL] Tomo: How so?
21:00 - [FL] Tomo: Please explain
21:02 - <SirNarc/>: I'm not abusing or flaming, I'm recording a gameplay video on the servers where she is funny. I have got the word from Soul himself that no rules are broken so I think you're just desperately trying to find a reasoning for why you removed the thread. I get you're trying to be protective but jeez
21:09 - [FL] Tomo: First of all, not being protective, just being sensible and having common decency. Second, I don't really care what you've heard from anyone else. I'm saying that by posting an embarrassing video of a member of our community that they do not wish to be public, you are "not acting respectful to that user", as stated in forum rule 8d. And if you had a shred of decency in you, you'd just do what she asks and remove it from youtube and everything. It's embarrassing, she was clearly pissed and you're abusing that for laughs.
21:13 - <SirNarc/>: You don't care what the owner, the man who wrote the rules said to me personally about the video? Way to go. I am not abusing her for laughs... She acted the way she did and some people find it funny. I posted the truth. And yeah I posted a video showing exactly how it went down, with added subtitles. It's not like I am posting a text on how funny and rediculous she's acting.
21:24 - [FL] Tomo: Well you've shown me nothing of any substance that proves what Soul has said to you and that he is willing to enforce it, so until such a time that he talks directly to me about it, I will stick to my own judgements and say that you are breaking rule 8d by posting that video (or anything similar) anywhere on our services without her consent. I would say the same for anyone else who had a highly embarrasing or shameful video posted that they did not want posting. That's all I have to say on the matter.
21:27 - <SirNarc/>: I think I heard somewhere that you and shadow were together... I mean I've heard a lot. Thats what this is about? xd
21:29 - <SirNarc/>: I think I'll post an AA tbh, maybe tomorrow. Your judgement was subjective because of "private" reasons
21:34 - <SirNarc/> is now Away.
21:39 - [FL] Tomo: From the way I've conducted myself in this conversation, do you seriously think this has anything to do with her personally? I literally never talk to her, but if I see a user being publically shamed or embarrased for a couple of laughs, and they are not okay with it, I will remove it. It's not acting respectful to that user. She didn't break any rules in the video, so why should she be subjected to humiliation on the forums? Fair enough, you had a few laughs in game with whoever was in that area at the time, but you should leave it at that. There's no need to post this, after so long, on the forums where everyone can see it. She does not consent to it which is why I believe you are breaking rule 8d, which primarily states, as i'm sure you're aware, "Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users.". By all means, post an abuse report on me, I'll welcome it. However, nothing I have said or done here is abuse nor is any of it to do with private reasons, I might add.

As you can see, throughout our conversation, I repeated the rule that I deemed you to have broken, but I'll say it again now for ease of reading. 

Forum rule 8d states: "Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban."

As I said in the conversation, I believe that by posting an embarrassing and shameful video of a member, that they did not consent to, that is breaching this rule. It is not, as stated, posting in a way that is respectful of other users. 

Now let me break down this report chunk by chunk.

Quote:First of all, first video was accepted by as told by her via Soul... She was aware of the second video coming out and yet she didn't come until almost 1 year later to demand BOTH videos down.
Tomo decided to remove my thread on off-topic because he wanted to protect his ex-girlfriend. He had no reasoning for doing it but then tried to excuse it by saying some forum rule "covered" him. His decision was very hasty and subjective. 

In regards to me "protecting my ex-girlfriend", I'm just going to quote what I said in our Steam chat (which you conveniently left out of your report):

Spoiler :
"From the way I've conducted myself in this conversation, do you seriously think this has anything to do with her personally? I literally never talk to her, but if I see a user being publicly shamed or embarrassed for a couple of laughs, and they are not okay with it, I will remove it. It's not acting respectful to that user. She didn't break any rules in the video, so why should she be subjected to humiliation on the forums? Fair enough, you had a few laughs in game with whoever was in that area at the time, but you should leave it at that. There's no need to post this, after so long, on the forums where everyone can see it. She does not consent to it which is why I believe you are breaking rule 8d, which primarily states, as i'm sure you're aware, "Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users.". By all means, post an abuse report on me, I'll welcome it. However, nothing I have said or done here is abuse nor is any of it to do with private reasons, I might add."

Quote:So almost a year ago I encountered [FL:RP] Shadow (Turtle) on the servers together with I assume her then friend JagMaz and they were conversating for the first part of the video. The second part she spoke with another player(Falcon) and she tried to convince him to lend her his house to show me her house dupe. The interaction between both of them was funny. The video isn’t ONLY about Shadow which Tomo kept saying. Her interactions with other players make the video funny, not her alone… Hell, the opening of the first video is JagMaz mumbling and stumbling on his words. But I believe this is irrelevant…
No rule was broken by posting a link to a video. 

Okay, there may have been other players in the video, but it's clear that she was the main subject of it. The video was called "Fun with Shadow" so I don't get how you can try and argue that she wasn't the main target in the video. Therefore she has every right to ask for it not to be displayed on the forums based on rule 8d.

Quote:I was unaware at first what was going on because Tomo never contacted me nor gave me an actual forum warning. I had to send him a message on steam because I suspected him(simply because I’ve heard they’re ex’s). He then simply replied yes and I requested an explanation. He kept saying it’s common decency and that he was just trying to protect her. After a few minutes of me explaining it was not me making fun of her but simply documenting the reality that was on the servers. He then came up with the reason that I violated rule 8d which states:

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.”
He said I abused her for laughs and was not respectful towards Shadow demanding it to be removed from my YouTube account. I can understand if I wrote a text/commented in the video, on how embarrassing she was acting when she was drunk and insulting her. But I did not, I added subtitles and music... 

The only part of this that I could've done differently was me not informing you of what I had done. It would have been perhaps better of me to tell you what I had done, but you seemed to figure it out pretty quick anyway.

I never demanded that you remove it from YouTube, only asked. It would be ridiculous of me to demand such a thing because we have no control over YouTube. We do, however, have control over what gets posted on our forums, hence I enforced the rule and removed the post.

Quote:
Shadow herself said on steam that NO RULE WAS BROKEN 
[Image: PRUeRJd.jpg]
I believe that removing my thread is an abuse of power and if I were to repost it he certainly would warn me or ban me. 

No offence to Shadow, but she hasn't been staff for quite a while and I'm sure that maintaining her knowledge of all the rules isn't really a priority to her seen as she never plays here anymore. So of course she was only going to comment on the common decency thing as it was affecting her personally.

Quote:
Here we have [FL] SoulRipper CLEARLY stating that no rule was broken... he if someone would know?
[Image: QQg5vHQ.jpg]
I don't believe Tomo made a "mistake" by removing my thread, I think it was deliberate. He expected me to accept it hence why he didn't have an official reason for it at the time I contacted him. 

I never said it was a mistake. From the beginning I stood by my decision and still do now. If Soul wishes to speak to me, he can.

Quote:
[Image: oRzYt2F.jpg]
Recent STEAM chat from Soul when I asked him of what he thought of this.

Again, I highly doubt you have given Soul the full context and as I've already stated, if Soul has an issue with what I did, I would be happy to talk to him about it. You've still shown me nothing of any substance that proves exactly what Soul has said to you and that he is willing to enforce it, so until such a time that he talks directly to me about it, I will stick to my own judgements and say that you are breaking rule 8d by posting that video (or anything similar) anywhere on our services without her consent.

Quote:
He had no official reason to remove it at first, only because he thought it was common decency...
Tomo desperately tried to justify his action by claiming I broke a forum rule because I, "Abused her for laughs", and "disrespected her". 
[Image: yyltFNL.jpg]

Do you know all the forum rules off the top of your head? I don't. I knew that what you did wasn't right so I said that to you, then I went to the Forum Rules page to actually find and quote you the rule number. I really don't see an issue with this, it doesn't negate the fact that you broke the rule, even if it took me a minute to go and quote it for you.

Quote:
A year ago she seemed to accept the video... A post from my thread to where I linked the first video of her.
[Image: XvNzvfF.jpg]

So if I told you last year that I like grapes, does that mean that I can't change my mind this year and say I don't really like grapes anymore? I think not. 

A lot could have changed since she first saw the video and she changed her mind, you should respect that and not post it. Notice how the rule states that breaking it could lead to a ban? Well, I thought it would be unfair of me to ban or warn you since she had previously not complained about it. This is why I just removed it and issued no further punishment to you.

Quote:
Condoning "public humiliation" on Frost, he's no Ex Girlfriend so why care...
[Image: KHRWTHx.jpg]

[Image: yzXb5h8.jpg]

This part made me laugh out loud to be honest, and I'm sorry if that sounds unprofessional. You cannot compare the two cases. It seems you have largely misunderstood Frost's sarcasm. He did not in fact find this video insulting or offensive like Shadow did to hers. Frost found it amusing so this final point of yours is completely invalid.
Proof:

Spoiler :
 [Image: 8bc86077890e247892fb55ab438fd0e7.png]

I hope this has cleared everything up. I am essentially reiterating everything I said to you over Steam, so it would have been nice of you to include our whole chat in the original report.

Regards,

Tomo
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(11-15-2017, 10:16 PM)Turtle Wrote: I asked you kindly to remove the video and you did not,
I disagree, you demanded the videos to be taken down and eventually calling me a c*nt. Below I will post some quotes...

I was then informed about the thread you posted and asked Tomo to remove it as I did not like it.
You asked Tomo, any reason you chose Tomo? Because you knew he'd do anything you ask even if I didn't break any rules (AS YOU SAID YOURSELF).

Him being my "Ex" is irrelevant
I disagree, it's highly relevant as he made a hasty decision because of it. 

With the chat between you and SoulRipper "Seems like a personal issue" I believe that is out of context and is talking about how I do not want the post being up there, not about Tomo's actions towards the situation.
I told him about you and Tomo?

"Are you actually retarded or something?"
"...vagina like you."
"If I ask you to remove them you f*cking remove them."
and so so much more... 

She also said I "made" her look like a twat which is false, I documented the reality.
it corrected c*nt to vagina, apologies.
Alright so..

1. Tomo informed me about the thread, that is why I asked him. (Still irrelevent)

2. At the start of the convo I was polite, you then repeated yourself over and over again asking why I wanted it to be removed even though I had given you an answer... over and over again. I lost my patience.

3. Your last comment makes no sense.

There is no need for me to reply anymore as it will just become another argument and you and Tomo should be the ones talking.
Lol, poof. I've had my fun. Close this thread. You're never gonna come to a conclusion anyways
Closed
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]