Powergaming or Character Development?
Reference:
<https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?ti...#pid723080>

Q: Is the act of changing your job in the context of role-playing considered character development or powergaming?

For example, is it powergaming to change your job title because your character is affected by another persons role-play? In my opinion, certainly not.

Your character may change as a result of role-play and it is appropriate to change your job-title to reflect this change and in order, of course, to appropriately mark your character's new role. 

You see this often with the role Freedom Fighter being a civilian who was immensely affected by a President/Dictator that they took up arms to revolt. You see this often with Criminals who may have had a distasteful experience with law-enforcement which turned them to take up a criminal path in the city or even finding themselves in poverty and with crime being their only way to make a quick buck.

I personally see a problem with the reference thread in question as I wouldn't necessarily mark that as powergaming because an action happened beforehand that led to his character changing and it doesn't seem random. You allow someone to change their job-title from first being spawned without role-play context but yet you punish someone for changing their job-title with role-play context supporting this change? 

Discuss your opinion on the matter and whether rule change(s) should be made regarding this because I personally believe this isn't a logical call and seems to shut-off any form of character development in terms of role-play actions changing a character's behavior.

Quote:In lieu of this punishment issued to Ousmn, I'd expect nothing less than the same punishment being issued to all instances similar of character role's being changed with an RP reason. This includes, but is not limited to: Freedom Fighters, Protestors (Being that they change their role specifically because of the actions of Government), Demotions cannot grant you a reason to seek IC revenge being that when you are demoted you are, by default, placed into the Civilian role and back to a law-abiding citizen, and many more instances where role-play context should allow you to make a change in your character's role (job-title)

The current stance as seen in the referenced thread seems very damaging towards role-play overall.