Flood AMA
(11-02-2017, 12:59 PM)Reebs Wrote: What do you mean by “SAs should be treated as SAs”? Are you implying that you think SAs should boss around the Staff team, or lead by example?

I believe that whilst voting and democracy in the team should be very much encouraged, I think that they should maintain a distant relationship with the admins (personal level) to create a professional and efficient atmosphere. Friendship shouldn't be discouraged, but there's obviously a disconnect in professionalism when a "boss" and a "employee" befriends particularly much over another "employee" (referring to irl workplaces). I prefer when FL staff is treated as a workplace and not a fun project. Whilst Kiljoy had a lot of flaws, he was very good in his role as SA because he made people sought to look up to the SA role rather than to see it as merely a rank with few more responsibilities.. they are the head of the team and must maintain a powerful image in order to inspire balance and stability. Right now I don't see it as that and merely a "popularity" rank, if I will be so blunt (I'm not saying the current SAs are bad with this statement, but they are there because of votes).

I don't in any way mean that they should be treated like gods necessarily, but they have obtained a bigger rank than administrators and shouldn't have to degrade themselves in a way that undermines their rank.. much like military ranks; it creates a very functional place. Furthermore, voting on someone to become an SA is stupid and should be left to the main manager/current SA's (altho atm we don't have one).. it parts the admins and may create a sense of loyalness to those admins who voted for said SA. Admins should be allowed to make an protest against a promotion (like me and other admins did), but the final verdict should be left in that of the manager's hands.. but logically the majority will win obviously.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 2 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Dragnort_, Baskingner
favourite pizza?
Kind regards,
Weezy

[Image: X8prSQG.jpg]

What do you think about EBC closing down?
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(11-02-2017, 03:52 PM)Weezy_ Wrote: favourite pizza?

Capricioisa
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Weezy_
(11-02-2017, 03:53 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote: What do you think about EBC closing down?

Truthfully I think its a good idea. The story arch is narrowing down and the possibilities within the clan world is limited due to slow developement regarding clan world and what not. So whilst its sad to see something that i started in 2013,.i also feel that nothing can laat forever.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Link
What is your opinion of the overall clan world at the moment, and in what way do you believe it is slowly developing?
Kind Regards,
Link
Veteran

(11-02-2017, 09:16 PM)Link66 Wrote: What is your opinion of the overall clan world at the moment, and in what way do you believe it is slowly developing?

I think it's pretty unbalanced and individualistic. There is not much clan to clan interaction, and in order for things to actually improve (both clan wise and world wise) there needs to be some friction; good or bad. The great wars brought major clan interaction and diversity. It got a real sense of realness and personally I think clans should dare to challenge one or another.. perhaps even be encouraged by staff. I know drama come out of it, but we have SO much history thanks to that and it's so good.

Clan world is not getting much recognition. I think that it should be a priority at this state, because clans unite people and makes those lone RPers find partners and so forth. Seeing 10 people doing something really rad is far more encouraging to roleplay with rather to one dude in a lone restaurant. There needs to be more opportunities for interaction and less individualism - that's what Roleplay Groups are for.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 4 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Lewwings, Link, Bayernjunge, Falc
(11-03-2017, 12:04 AM)Floodify Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 09:16 PM)Link66 Wrote: What is your opinion of the overall clan world at the moment, and in what way do you believe it is slowly developing?

I think it's pretty unbalanced and individualistic. There is not much clan to clan interaction, and in order for things to actually improve (both clan wise and world wise) there needs to be some friction; good or bad. The great wars brought major clan interaction and diversity. It got a real sense of realness and personally I think clans should dare to challenge one or another.. perhaps even be encouraged by staff. I know drama come out of it, but we have SO much history thanks to that and it's so good.

You can't make friction like there was before. A great war won't change that at all. If you look back, anyone who has been here for a while knows the biggest feud was Lombardi/SAA vs Fumuku. You can't remake something like that because, in that situation, it was genuine dislike towards each other. That dislike started in 2011 and went on the whole way until the split happened. It began as a battle over who controlled NA times on v2d between two friend groups. Eventually, Fumuku turned into a massive clan and eventually the SAA came out of it and turned into a massive clan. But the hate was still there. There were higher known players on both sides including staff on both sides. This causes things to blow up because everyone knows what the admins are up to and naturally normal players will in turn take sides as well. If you are searching for something like that, its not going to happen.

However, if you want the clan world to become popular again, there always has to be two active powerful clans. By powerful, I dont mean can beat you in a gunfight powerful, I mean two clans that have sway in the political spectrum. Think of SAA/Fumuku, SAA/Estleback, or going old school, Lost Horde/Esoteric PMC. There has to be the two clan system. If they are both active, others see this fight for power (No wars, but just a fight for power) they will either try to join these groups or make their own clan and try to get their on their own. Then whenever those little clans grow, they begin to try and work their way into runner-up spots. Such as whenever Fumuku closed, Estleback blew up, when the SAA closed, Camorro blew up, etc. 

The problem now is this. Right now, only Ace stands in this position right now. Estleback is an event clan, Camorro is just starting up again, and so there is no clan competing. And when there is no clan competing, its stale. There is not that many people who are willing to start something from scratch and can turn it into something big. People are more incline to join an already stable clan. When the structure of a clan is already there its easier than making their own. I hope Camorro can turn into that clan again, I really do. Because right now, there isn't a competing clan.

Now before any Chi No Hebi people come in here and say they are that competing clan. You aren't sorry. There have been plenty of clans like you before that I put all together as big minge clans. You dont add anything to the clan scene other than a skirmish. All you do is sit around with contra or raiding. This doesn't make you bad people, but that is what it is. An old clan that comes to mind that reminds me of your clan is Black Talon. The only positive that comes out of a clan like you is you will recruit some newer people who will be quality players and eventually leave your clan and turn out to be a very good player on the servers. For example, in the Black Talon under Lieutenants, you will find J-Boi, That guy eventually turned into Raccoon. Another player that came out of this clan was Beflok who eventually became a super admin here. All you are is a stepping stone for some players who want to get out of a shithole and do something positive on this server.

Those are my opinions though. But you guys might have different ones.
The following 3 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Lewwings, Jonas, General Rickets
Say whatever you want Fultz but it would be really embarassing if you lost the clan war now that you said we’re no competition.
(11-03-2017, 04:47 AM)Fultz Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 12:04 AM)Floodify Wrote:

You can't make friction like there was before. A great war won't change that at all. If you look back, anyone who has been here for a while knows the biggest feud was Lombardi/SAA vs Fumuku. You can't remake something like that because, in that situation, it was genuine dislike towards each other. That dislike started in 2011 and went on the whole way until the split happened. It began as a battle over who controlled NA times on v2d between two friend groups. Eventually, Fumuku turned into a massive clan and eventually the SAA came out of it and turned into a massive clan. But the hate was still there. There were higher known players on both sides including staff on both sides. This causes things to blow up because everyone knows what the admins are up to and naturally normal players will in turn take sides as well. If you are searching for something like that, its not going to happen.

However, if you want the clan world to become popular again, there always has to be two active powerful clans. By powerful, I dont mean can beat you in a gunfight powerful, I mean two clans that have sway in the political spectrum. Think of SAA/Fumuku, SAA/Estleback, or going old school, Lost Horde/Esoteric PMC. There has to be the two clan system. If they are both active, others see this fight for power (No wars, but just a fight for power) they will either try to join these groups or make their own clan and try to get their on their own. Then whenever those little clans grow, they begin to try and work their way into runner-up spots. Such as whenever Fumuku closed, Estleback blew up, when the SAA closed, Camorro blew up, etc. 

The problem now is this. Right now, only Ace stands in this position right now. Estleback is an event clan, Camorro is just starting up again, and so there is no clan competing. And when there is no clan competing, its stale. There is not that many people who are willing to start something from scratch and can turn it into something big. People are more incline to join an already stable clan. When the structure of a clan is already there its easier than making their own. I hope Camorro can turn into that clan again, I really do. Because right now, there isn't a competing clan.

Now before any Chi No Hebi people come in here and say they are that competing clan. You aren't sorry. There have been plenty of clans like you before that I put all together as big minge clans. You dont add anything to the clan scene other than a skirmish. All you do is sit around with contra or raiding. This doesn't make you bad people, but that is what it is. An old clan that comes to mind that reminds me of your clan is Black Talon. The only positive that comes out of a clan like you is you will recruit some newer people who will be quality players and eventually leave your clan and turn out to be a very good player on the servers. For example, in the Black Talon under Lieutenants, you will find J-Boi, That guy eventually turned into Raccoon. Another player that came out of this clan was Beflok who eventually became a super admin here. All you are is a stepping stone for some players who want to get out of a shithole and do something positive on this server.

Those are my opinions though. But you guys might have different ones.

Any clan with me and my trainee GHOSTK1LL3R involved is a competing clan Fultzy!!!!