I miss yall so much sometimes.
Well, my child is about 14 weeks along now.  Everything is looking good.  Dunno the gender yet, but the lil one waved to me at an ultrasound.

College is progressing.  I'd love to say it was good or bad but it's pretty transgender this semester.  I'm getting pretty decent with CSS and HTML.  Database class is interesting but we've yet to apply any of it.  I have a feeling that the database class might open a door or two for me putting in some contributions to the server, assuming that there is need for databases.  I'm guessing that the inventory system and maybe the log system might benefit from such knowledge.

I worry about the server.  Everytime I wanna play, there are maybe 4 people on the server, no staff presence.  I've played around a few other servers and even tried to bring some of those ideas that actually function to this community, but largely they get shot down because of the elitist attitude of the community towards darkrp.  This gamemode would survive far better if you were to consider moving towards that gamemode a little bit, or even reshaping to that gamemode for functionality sake.  I'm not saying that FL should be DarkRP, I'm saying that FL could convert the gamemode to darkrp, while keeping everything the same in it's core, and so many things could easily improve from there.  Simply put, like Darkn00b and many others before him have said, the gamemode is ancient and nearly too hard to maintain, updates and coding are driving people insane, and there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of already made content to be selected from and modified to fit the server.  I'm sure none of you will care about this idea, but I'm nothing if I don't try.

I miss FL.  I miss how awesome it was back when it was crap.  It's come a long way since then, but feels crappier now.  It's not so much the game, but the players.  On FL, hearing stupid crap like "Fear RP, I'm gonna get you banned."  or even " ... I'm gonna get you banned" is more common than it is on a 128 player dark rp that averagely has 60-80 active players on it.  Generally, most of you are toxic when it comes to how you act towards people outside of your little circles.  Used to be a clan thing. SAA vs the world, FI vs the world, Reject troll clan vs the world.  After I left and came back a few times, it started being less specific.  Groups of friends attacking at noobs, or even more experienced players, all with the intention of getting a ban in.  Like bans should ever be a goal for anyone.  It's honestly disgusting.  The forum wars that happen are just as bad, though I haven't seen one in a while.

I'm guilty of some of what I said, but that doesn't mean I was ever right about it.  This isn't a "life regret" post.  This is a "felt someone should say it" post, which I'm notorious for.

Hopefully I'll find time, energy, and the right coding knowledge to help yall, but till then, I miss the old FL and hope that this place returns to it's former glory.  Reply or not, just don't expect one in return, as I'm not clung to keeping up with it, but if I see something worth posting to, I will.

With love,
Old Man Jokhah
I agree. It seems as if people get some sort of satisfaction by having other players banned and even if it’s mostly empty threats it really kills the vibe sometimes.
The following 2 users Like RaZZ's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Xesus
Great to hear that your child is well!
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 1 user Likes Random's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah
Glad to hear life's looking up for you man, and that your still fighting the good fight and speaking your mind. You're right about the vibe the likes of the SAA and FI used to bring to the server, it gave it a certain vibrance and life, there was always something happening, good or bad it felt alive. 
Never forget the first time I met you on server, I was a cop staking out a house for contra, up you fly, ask what I'm doing, I say looking for contra, out comes le shotgun, off goes the door, in you fly, then back out and go yup there's contra all yours buddy. 

The good old days Smile
The following 2 users Like Eisenhorn's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Falc
Heart
Eisenhorn I was always a fan of that pump shotty. It's just so unforgiving, like I used to be.
Throwback to the good old days.

Everyone being able to actually have a laugh on the server without knowing some kid is following you recording you because he wants a staff position so he tries to get players banned.

Raiding a dictator on 2D, 30 raiders all crammed in the shitty elevator getting popped off by a small government team doomforting 2nd floor Nexus.

Glad the child is coming along nicely, good to hear from oldies every now and then.
Yes. My life is just fine as well. Thank you for asking
[Image: jqC25Xr.png]
Thank you Envy
The following 1 user Likes ELAD's post:
  • Lewwings
Cherish those ultrasound moments, knowing that they are in the safest place they will be their full life. Everything after their born is a worry lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah, Link
@Jokhah you weren't that bad, you helped me build the gustav when I was still a noob, and launched rpgs and torpedos at the minges who bothered me during the build Wink
The following 1 user Likes Eisenhorn's post:
  • Old Man Jokhah