An honest mistake
Hi Kenzi,

I appreciate this raw and honest response to your permaban, and I am glad you have taken it better than most others.

Not changing your job to criminal was just a small fraction of the breakage. Even if you did change your job to criminal, you would still be breaking the public hostaging rule. On top of this, you were unarmed, so should have been afraid that he could just pull out a gun at any time and kill you. To tie this segment up, if you would have changed your job, you would have been powergaming, as you would have done so just so you could participate in some combat.

Someone shooting near you is not a good enough reason to hostage them. They have to be posing a threat to you with a valid reason for retaliation to occur, for example, being raided for contraband. This is true for all circumstances - if a police officer is shooting next to me at a criminal, I cannot change my job to 'criminal' and kill him, as the threat was not directed towards me.

It was considered backseat administration as he was breaking the rules, and it looked like to me that your justification for breaking all of the above rules was because no admin was on.

If you are saying that your intention wasn't to hostage him as he was breaking the rules, that puts you into much deeper trouble, as you have no excuse for the plethora of breakages you have committed.

Coming back from a six month ban, one would think it prudent to re-read the rules and make sure you stick to them all, as you were on your last chance and any slip up, big or small, could lead to a permanent ban, as it did.

Personally, I don't think this ban should be removed, as too many rules were broken. I am unconvinced that, in the future, you would be able to stick to them if unbanned. It's an unfortunate occurance that, in trying to rid the community of rule breakers, you convicted yourself of worse breakages than the person you were reporting!

Thanks,
Link

Messages In This Thread
An honest mistake - by Kenzi - 09-28-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: An honest mistake - by Link - 09-28-2017, 04:34 PM
RE: An honest mistake - by Kenzi - 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM
RE: An honest mistake - by Kenzi - 09-28-2017, 05:27 PM
RE: An honest mistake - by DVN - 09-28-2017, 10:52 PM