bLink and you'll miss it!
(09-20-2017, 09:59 AM)Marty Wrote: Wasn't he demoted in the past for clear bias and lying in the courthouse ?

Anyway nice guy just surprised at the decision.

There was no bias involved in his previous demotion. 

Link cleared everything up in the discussions thread regarding predictions. If I can find the post, I'll link it here.

Edit: see spoiler. 

Spoiler :
Quote:On my demotion

I'm going to try and keep all of what has bottled up in the last 3 years as short and sweet as I can.

As it has been publicly brought up again and discussed, I feel like it is about time that I clarify a few things.

If you have ever asked me about this incident which took place in late 2014, I will usually try and change the subject, or joke about it. I don't particularly like talking about it, as it's relatively embarrassing in my eyes, and a failure of my usual morals and ethics.

When you first receive the staff position, at least for me, the game changes. It was no longer a hobby, but a duty - some days I was doing 12 hour 'shifts' to look good, and not take the position that was highly sought after by many for granted. People looked up to you for help, something an early 14 year old had never experienced before. You could finally deal with injustices without spamming the @ command, or posting a tedious 'Ban Request', as they were once known. In other words, you had the tools to finally make a change.

I was entirely optimistic about this whole 'Moderator' prospect, and was looking forward to what the future held.

After my promotion, the Moderator position was making me more sure of myself, boosting my self-confidence and accentuating the internal opinion that I can actually make a change in the community, and help those in need.

Then the incident happened roughly a month in. 

In a spontaneous moment of stupidity, I decided to try and rescue my friend who was being arrested by a Police Officer, when his car crashed in a street race we were participating in. My job set to an appropriate title, I shot at the Officer with an AWP, breaking the FearRP rule, as I didn't consider the fact that he had a gun pointed in my friend's direction, as I wasn't really thinking things through.

I was contacted by the Supervising Administrator at the time, and he asked me questions about the incident. Naturally, I lied about a couple of things, trying to wriggle my way out of the situation; who wouldn't? I loved the position, and didn't want to lose it so close to the starting point, as I actually felt like I was making a change. I felt sandwiched and screwed either way, so in my eyes, there was nothing to lose.

Spoiler: Read more
After a whole shitstorm of forum posts and steam messages, the decision was made, and I was booted from the team without an official or concrete reason. Further investigation of my own found it was on the grounds of 'lying'. 

Bad times ensued, and although it sounds sad, It had a profound effect on my day-to-day life, both irl and ig, for quite a while. I was depressed, and couldn't go on the server without someone bringing it up and mocking me for it.

This resulted in me taking quite a long break from Fearless.

I then eventually returned as a more 'grown up' 16 year old, last December. Re-opening Estleback, and swiftly taking on the postion of the Director, has changed me as a person more than anything.

It's hard to understand if you are not in the clan world, but if you are considered 'powerful', people are going to be out to get you, no matter how nice you are to them. In order to run such an operation like Estleback, you have to have a sense of decisiveness, and know what you need, and how to do it - otherwise, your prior planning will fall apart, and you will have disappointed a whole plethora of people who are counting on you to provide a service. In addition to this, there is no room for being a push over, and you consequently have to be at the top of your game all the time, standing up for what you believe in and what you know to be right.

This whole personal brand I have developed may come off as me being a bit of an arse, in which case I can totally understand why, but I only play here for Estleback, and as a result, I am permanently in this defensive state. In contrast, alike everyone else, I play with a mask on, and it just so happens that mine is so drastically different to reality.

Overall, I am glad I got demoted at the time I did. In the end, everything has turned out alright, and I am enjoying the certainty of excellent grades in school, a good clan with wonderful members, and just life in general. Odds are that if I kept the position, it may have hindered my attainment in other areas, which would be detrimental to the rest of my life path.

If you are still reading this, congratulations, you have got to the end! I thank-you for taking time out of your day to read into this.

Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
The following 11 users Like Reebs's post:
  • DVN, TheSiphon, Janzo 火, Dragnort_, Ivan Tempski, Envy, Lewwings, dawson270500, Blurr, Marty, Link
congrats
Overdue af congratulations my man
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
The following 3 users Like Ivan Tempski's post:
  • Envy, Archer, Link
This inspires me
Very well deserved promotion. Good luck Link, a fantastic addition to the team.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
The following 1 user Likes Chad's post:
  • Link
One of the most deserved promotions in my opinion, congrats Link!
The following 1 user Likes Blurr's post:
  • Link
Very well deserved, congratulations!
[Image: dca8211526043e00aed8a728131842bc.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheMJ's post:
  • Link
(09-20-2017, 12:03 PM)Reebs Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 09:59 AM)Marty Wrote: Wasn't he demoted in the past for clear bias and lying in the courthouse ?

Anyway nice guy just surprised at the decision.

There was no bias involved in his previous demotion. 

Link cleared everything up in the discussions thread regarding predictions. If I can find the post, I'll link it here.

Edit: see spoiler. 

Spoiler :
Quote:On my demotion

I'm going to try and keep all of what has bottled up in the last 3 years as short and sweet as I can.

As it has been publicly brought up again and discussed, I feel like it is about time that I clarify a few things.

If you have ever asked me about this incident which took place in late 2014, I will usually try and change the subject, or joke about it. I don't particularly like talking about it, as it's relatively embarrassing in my eyes, and a failure of my usual morals and ethics.

When you first receive the staff position, at least for me, the game changes. It was no longer a hobby, but a duty - some days I was doing 12 hour 'shifts' to look good, and not take the position that was highly sought after by many for granted. People looked up to you for help, something an early 14 year old had never experienced before. You could finally deal with injustices without spamming the @ command, or posting a tedious 'Ban Request', as they were once known. In other words, you had the tools to finally make a change.

I was entirely optimistic about this whole 'Moderator' prospect, and was looking forward to what the future held.

After my promotion, the Moderator position was making me more sure of myself, boosting my self-confidence and accentuating the internal opinion that I can actually make a change in the community, and help those in need.

Then the incident happened roughly a month in. 

In a spontaneous moment of stupidity, I decided to try and rescue my friend who was being arrested by a Police Officer, when his car crashed in a street race we were participating in. My job set to an appropriate title, I shot at the Officer with an AWP, breaking the FearRP rule, as I didn't consider the fact that he had a gun pointed in my friend's direction, as I wasn't really thinking things through.

I was contacted by the Supervising Administrator at the time, and he asked me questions about the incident. Naturally, I lied about a couple of things, trying to wriggle my way out of the situation; who wouldn't? I loved the position, and didn't want to lose it so close to the starting point, as I actually felt like I was making a change. I felt sandwiched and screwed either way, so in my eyes, there was nothing to lose.

Spoiler: Read more
After a whole shitstorm of forum posts and steam messages, the decision was made, and I was booted from the team without an official or concrete reason. Further investigation of my own found it was on the grounds of 'lying'. 

Bad times ensued, and although it sounds sad, It had a profound effect on my day-to-day life, both irl and ig, for quite a while. I was depressed, and couldn't go on the server without someone bringing it up and mocking me for it.

This resulted in me taking quite a long break from Fearless.

I then eventually returned as a more 'grown up' 16 year old, last December. Re-opening Estleback, and swiftly taking on the postion of the Director, has changed me as a person more than anything.

It's hard to understand if you are not in the clan world, but if you are considered 'powerful', people are going to be out to get you, no matter how nice you are to them. In order to run such an operation like Estleback, you have to have a sense of decisiveness, and know what you need, and how to do it - otherwise, your prior planning will fall apart, and you will have disappointed a whole plethora of people who are counting on you to provide a service. In addition to this, there is no room for being a push over, and you consequently have to be at the top of your game all the time, standing up for what you believe in and what you know to be right.

This whole personal brand I have developed may come off as me being a bit of an arse, in which case I can totally understand why, but I only play here for Estleback, and as a result, I am permanently in this defensive state. In contrast, alike everyone else, I play with a mask on, and it just so happens that mine is so drastically different to reality.

Overall, I am glad I got demoted at the time I did. In the end, everything has turned out alright, and I am enjoying the certainty of excellent grades in school, a good clan with wonderful members, and just life in general. Odds are that if I kept the position, it may have hindered my attainment in other areas, which would be detrimental to the rest of my life path.

If you are still reading this, congratulations, you have got to the end! I thank-you for taking time out of your day to read into this.

Fair play, at least he clarified shit. I just spout what I vaguely remember or what someone has told. As I said in my initial comment he's a nice guy to speak to.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • Link, Reebs
Hopefully you don't make the same mistakes as last time, nor have the same attitude.

Best of luck.

christ alive spent 10 minutes trying to remember my bloody login just to reply to this

Congratulations Link mate, more deserving than anyone else for this, top lad and the FL team is lucky to have you again
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 7 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Link, Ivan Tempski, Reebs, Eclipze, Janzo 火, Blurr, Wolven