Laidlaw's release of planned Half Life 2 Episode 3 story
You read it right, and this time there is no joke there. 

Marc Laidlaw, Valve's lead writer on the Half Life team, who has worked with Valve from original Half Life until 2016, has released the planned story for Half Life 2 Episode 3. It is rather short, but it would have been intended as a short expansion much like episodes 1&2. Laidlaw made few small changes to the names in the story, most likely to avoid any problems from Valve.

What does this mean? It means we will not most likely ever see Episode 3/this story from Valve. 
However, this does not mean there will not be Half Life 3 at some point with a different story or a story with same elements.

Now, is this real? Is this really the story?
So far, everything points towards it being real. I doubt Laidlaw is pulling a prank on us, but on the other hand, there most likely will not be any confirmation weather or not this is the actual planned story. But when it comes to sources, Laidlaw is a pretty damn credible one. 
I'd say this is a rather sour victory. 
What do you think?

Actual post on his own website

"Corrected" version from Reddit (Meaning it has actual names for the characters, instead of "Gertie Fremont" etc.)

Valve News Network's video on the story release.

VNN's guide for the post, you can check the actual names from here.

Reddit post for anyone interested.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
The following 1 user Likes TheSiphon's post:
  • Janzo 火
hmm sounds a little to good.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:81986316&b=12]
(08-25-2017, 02:27 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: hmm sounds a little to good.

Yeah, it kinda came out of the blue as well. But I honestly hope this is just a joke to fool us all. Imagine if this is the last bit of information about Half Life we'll get.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
When my sister finds out, her head will explode. Wink

[Image: jUcv1hb.png]

(08-25-2017, 02:29 PM)TheSiphon Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 02:27 PM)Janzo 火 Wrote: hmm sounds a little to good.

Yeah, it kinda came out of the blue as well. But I honestly hope this is just a joke to fool us all. Imagine if this is the last bit of information about Half Life we'll get.

I just want to know where Alyx went :c plz

-Removed by Steven8ken