Exclamation 
Your name: Qzty

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:28522792

Your ban ID: 78393

Banned by: [FL:T] DVN

Reason: Player disrespect

Involved: -

Why we should unban you: 
DVN's post - "Reported user has been found guilty of disrespecting a user. Reported user has received a punishment before regarding disrespect as well, something taken into account for this punishment. The user will receive a 1 day ban for player disrespect."

Firstly, the previous "Punishment regarding disrespect" was over 1 year ago. With the amount of time accumulated on a server such as Fearless, how can a ban from so long ago affect your bans 1 year in the future? This time period is so far apart that I don't see how it should be allowed to affect future bans; this is the first ban I have received in over a year...

This is just petty reasoning and I am surprised that DVN did not consider how far apart these ban ID's were - which straight away show the time apart. The ban ID for the previous "player disrespect" was 64477.

The screenshot provided shown me saying one word, "retard" - this had no context to it, nor was it a justifiable reason for a one day ban. If bans were given out this easily then most of the server would be banned....
Hi Qzty,

Regardless of the time accumulated between bans you were still banned in the past for the same reported reason, player disrespect. You were banned for this reason over a year ago, if anything you should know a lot better since you've been previously banned for the above reason and have had plenty of time to reflect on this.

You say it has no context which is what lead to me giving you the ban in the first place, there is no roleplay context and the message that followed it also didn't seem to have any RP relation. You should know better not to disrespect members of the community regardless of how hurtful you think the comments are.
(08-21-2017, 06:55 PM)DVN Wrote: Hi Qzty,

Regardless of the time accumulated between bans you were still banned in the past for the same reported reason, player disrespect. You were banned for this reason over a year ago, if anything you should know a lot better since you've been previously banned for the above reason and have had plenty of time to reflect on this.

You say it has no context which is what lead to me giving you the ban in the first place, there is no roleplay context and the message that followed it also didn't seem to have any RP relation. You should know better not to disrespect members of the community regardless of how hurtful you think the comments are.

"Regardless of the time accumulated between bans you were still banned in the past for the same reported reason, player disrespect."

Time is a variable which should be taken into account, considering the prior ban was partly the reason you gave me this ban, you cannot just say "regardless of the time accumulated". You act as if I am a player who constantly disrespects players - I have not done this for over a year.

"You were banned for this reason over a year ago, if anything you should know a lot better since you've been previously banned for the above reason and have had plenty of time to reflect on this. "

If I was banned for a year then what you said would make sense,  but the fact is completely opposite I have played for over a year without any player disrespect punishment, showing that I did learn my lesson. You worded this as if I have not reflected on the prior ban and so I deserve a harsher ban - when in actuality its the complete opposite. 

You are not thinking realistically at all. We are all human, we are bound to eventually make a (minor) mistake, it took me 1 year to make this (minor) mistake. Therefore I ask you this, why is it fair you can look back at a minor thing I did 1 year ago and use that to decide whether I deserve a bigger punishment now? You are being way to harsh and you are instantly treating me as if I am a minge to the server by disregarding the amount of hours I have in between these bans. 

"You say it has no context which is what lead to me giving you the ban in the first place"

Wait, so you not knowing the context is what made you think it is ban worthy? You have no idea what actually happened or maybe if this was taken out of context and that is a contributing factor to my ban?
Hello QzTy,

I'll be reviewing your case. You can expect a conclusion within this week.

Your paitence is appreciated.

Jonas.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
When I say I do not understand what context it held, that was meant as in what context it related to in your roleplay, which was none. You admit that it has nothing to do with your roleplay as you clearly understand you have made a mistake.

If you learned your lesson please tell me why I have banned you for something you have previously been banned for? Again I believe this is untrue, if you learned your lesson we wouldn't be in this situation currently.

At no point did I label you or treat you as a minge, I have punished you for breaking one of the most basic and generally well known rules in the entire gamemode and community, you have enough hours to understand you shouldn't have done it.
(08-21-2017, 08:07 PM)DVN Wrote: When I say I do not understand what context it held, that was meant as in what context it related to in your roleplay, which was none. You admit that it has nothing to do with your roleplay as you clearly understand you have made a mistake.

If you learned your lesson please tell me why I have banned you for something you have previously been banned for? Again I believe this is untrue, if you learned your lesson we wouldn't be in this situation currently.

At no point did I label you or treat you as a minge, I have punished you for breaking one of the most basic and generally well known rules in the entire gamemode and community, you have enough hours to understand you shouldn't have done it.

This all ultimately boils down to when you stated in the ban request that my prior ban was the reason you escalated the punishment; that is not justified at all for the factors I have previously mentioned...

"If you learned your lesson please tell me why I have banned you for something you have previously been banned for? Again I believe this is untrue, if you learned your lesson we wouldn't be in this situation currently."

As I stated in the previous post, it has been one whole year. The average lifespan is 71 years, I spent 1/71 years doing nothing wrong and you actually believe you are in the right by saying I did not learn my previous lesson? Do you honestly expect someone to not break a rule ever? There is a reason for the 1 year time gap - the gap exists because I learnt my lesson; if I did not learn my lesson then the gap would have been lets say a week - that is reasonable for not learning a lesson.

You even said so yourself that player disrespect is "one of the most basic and generally well known rules in the entire gamemode and community".
Ask yourself, why is this? Because many people at one point or another have either broken it or experienced it at one point. Depending on the amount of disrespect, most of these would not warrant a ban - just like in my situation where I said just one word.

"At no point did I label you or treat you as a minge"

Yes you did, you treated me like one. In the ban request you stated that I had a prior ban for the same reason and so I will be punished more - failing to take into account the time in between the bans (one year btw) - showing that you are just treating me like the average minge who fails to comply with the rules.

"you have enough hours to understand you shouldn't have done it."

So more hours on fearless = longer punishment for rule breaking????? 

It is valid to say one with more hours should know the rules more; however, to punish someone for longer because of their hours is unfair, especially if they have hardly any bans on their history. I have seen people with little to no bans being banned for weeks for things such as this because they "should have known better". Yes, they should - but does it mean they should be punished much more severely? 

An admin has took over this case so I will await his review.

EDIT:
I just discovered that my prior ban was actually 2 years ago, not 1. The date of my ban was 2015-08-11 21:01:26, this proves I "learnt my lesson" - it wasn't like it was a week apart.

Judging from the time remaining on my ban, I will be unbanned before this is resolved. I want this removed from ban history though so please don't close this for "ban time has expired".
1. You've been good for a whole year, that's something I can respect but does not mean you have learnt your lesson. If you learnt your lesson this wouldn't have happened again. Learning your lesson means you would prevent this from ever happening again. Not sure what life span has to do with this.

2. It's one of the most basic and generally well known rules in the entire gamemode and community because it's the easiest to follow, it's something you know not to do in everyday life as well and something that's been enforced all of your life. How you break such a rule with the hours you have is beyond me, I just don't understand it. It shows me that you aren't capable of following the most simplest of rules, be it a mistake or not.

3. You are treat like anyone who breaks the rules, only I have taken into account your previous punishments to check if you are a repeat offender. In this case you are, maybe not a regular repeat offender but it is the same offence committed twice.

4. Correct, the more hours you accumulate on the server means the more hours you've endured to gain more experience of the server, the server rules and community. You have abused this completely and still managed to disrespect the basic rule.
(08-21-2017, 10:20 PM)DVN Wrote: 1. You've been good for a whole year, that's something I can respect but does not mean you have learnt your lesson. If you learnt your lesson this wouldn't have happened again. Learning your lesson means you would prevent this from ever happening again. Not sure what life span has to do with this.

2. It's one of the most basic and generally well known rules in the entire gamemode and community because it's the easiest to follow, it's something you know not to do in everyday life as well and something that's been enforced all of your life. How you break such a rule with the hours you have is beyond me, I just don't understand it. It shows me that you aren't capable of following the most simplest of rules, be it a mistake or not.

3. You are treat like anyone who breaks the rules, only I have taken into account your previous punishments to check if you are a repeat offender. In this case you are, maybe not a regular repeat offender but it is the same offence committed twice.

4. Correct, the more hours you accumulate on the server means the more hours you've endured to gain more experience of the server, the server rules and community. You have abused this completely and still managed to disrespect the basic rule.

"1. You've been good for a whole year, that's something I can respect but does not mean you have learnt your lesson. If you learnt your lesson this wouldn't have happened again. Learning your lesson means you would prevent this from ever happening again."

You say I did not learn my lesson because I broke it a year later (it is actually 2 years later) - you are acting as if I am a robot with no emotions or reactions in the heat of the moment. You seriously expect someone to never ever ever break the same rule more than once? 

"Not sure what life span has to do with this."

Because it is a significant portion of my life.......

"It's one of the most basic and generally well known rules in the entire gamemode and community because it's the easiest to follow"

Clearly it is not the "easiest" to follow when many, many players have been warned, muted and in extreme cases banned for breaking it.

"How you break such a rule with the hours you have is beyond me, I just don't understand it. It shows me that you aren't capable of following the most simplest of rules, be it a mistake or not."

This is getting annoying now as I have stated this multiple times yet you are "incapable" of taking other variables into consideration. To say I am not "capable" of following the most "simplest of rules" is extremely ignorant to say. I have stated multiple times I have not broken a single rule in more than a year - IN MORE THAN 2 YEARS if you are only counting "player disrespect".

"You are treat like anyone who breaks the rules, only I have taken into account your previous punishments to check if you are a repeat offender. In this case you are, maybe not a regular repeat offender but it is the same offence committed twice."

So you believe that even after 2 years of not breaking the same rule, I should be punished for doing it 2 years down the line?

"You have abused this completely and still managed to disrespect the basic rule."

At this point I have no idea where you are going, I have not abused anything - do you even know what you are going on about?

Now, leave this for the admin to review, thanks.
Derkaderk, I firstly suggest that you calm your attitude down. I will take requests from staff members to stop commenting on a UBR I am directly involved with, but not from the person it has been posted by. Please refrain from requesting such things.

I will keep this short and simple. You thinking you've learnt your lesson after breaking the same rule you were previously banned for, regardless of the time is genuinely crazy. You have broke the same rule after being banned for it before, clearly that previous ban has held no meaning to you nor has it learnt you any lesson, again I will repeat if it did learn you a lesson that would have been not to disrespect other users but you still did.

It is the easiest rule to follow, just because plenty of people break the rule doesn't mean it isn't easy to follow, it just means you're not mature enough to respect that rule and think you can get away with that sort of behaviour.

I've not mentioned emotions, robots or anything of the matter. I would appreciate it if you could stop twisting what I am saying and trying to portray my words in a completely different way to what they mean. People do make mistakes that is correct, I'm not willing to let people go off lightly after building up plenty of hours on the server. You should know a lot better in general since you have played and abided by the rules since your last ban (over a year ago).
(08-21-2017, 11:07 PM)DVN Wrote: Derkaderk, I firstly suggest that you calm your attitude down. I will take requests from staff members to stop commenting on a UBR I am directly involved with, but not from the person it has been posted by. Please refrain from requesting such things.

I will keep this short and simple. You thinking you've learnt your lesson after breaking the same rule you were previously banned for, regardless of the time is genuinely crazy. You have broke the same rule after being banned for it before, clearly that previous ban has held no meaning to you nor has it learnt you any lesson, again I will repeat if it did learn you a lesson that would have been not to disrespect other users but you still did.

It is the easiest rule to follow, just because plenty of people break the rule doesn't mean it isn't easy to follow, it just means you're not mature enough to respect that rule and think you can get away with that sort of behaviour.

I've not mentioned emotions, robots or anything of the matter. I would appreciate it if you could stop twisting what I am saying and trying to portray my words in a completely different way to what they mean. People do make mistakes that is correct, I'm not willing to let people go off lightly after building up plenty of hours on the server. You should know a lot better in general since you have played and abided by the rules since your last ban (over a year ago).

To summarize.

A) The evidence was insufficient. Furthermore, you said context doesn't matter and then stated that the fact it had no context apparently helped with warranting a ban. Context always matters.

B) last player disrespect is over 2 years ago so stop calling me a repeat offender as if it was yesterday, I got that ban probably when you first ever joined FL, that's how long ago.

C) you have petty reasoning to support this ban. You then go on to accuse me of "abusing" something and that I am twisting your words when I am not, you just simply fail to understand my point (no offence but it could be because English is your second language.)

D) Much more points but they were previously mentioned.

You were not "directly involved" as it was a ban request, not an in game situation; any admin could look over the evidence given in the ban request. You say "directly involved" as if you have more knowledge in this than other staff, when in actuality they know everything you know.

Considering the other admin said he would be reviewing the case I will await his response. Also, you are clearly going to be biased because you banned me.