[Solved] Timing Out
I have a huge problem, I can join the server perfectly normal but after I join in the server it is stuck at the Gamemode Crash screen and the Connection Problem sign pops up. Does anyone know the cause/solution for this?
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
Are you sure there is nothing wrong with your internet? Sometimes when I join a server I time out on first join.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
(07-29-2017, 02:01 PM)Joe Joe Wrote: Are you sure there is nothing wrong with your internet? Sometimes when I join a server I time out on first join.

I tried it about 6 times, and even re-opened Gmod and tried again.
+rep
This could be caused for a variety of reasons, such as

Too many addons,
Your GMOD isn't updated to the current version
You're Anti-virus/firewall could be stopping you from joining.

Also, bosh this in console,
cl_updaterate 15

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
(07-29-2017, 03:39 PM)Malibu Wrote: This could be caused for a variety of reasons, such as

Too many addons,

cl_updaterate 15

Would 373 be "too many"?
+rep
(07-29-2017, 03:41 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 03:39 PM)Malibu Wrote: This could be caused for a variety of reasons, such as

Too many addons,

cl_updaterate 15

Would 373 be "too many"?

Definitely. I think have 30 is enough already, 373 it just way too much. You should probably delete most of them(uninstall them).
Yes, I'd say so. If I were you, I'd skim through your addons, removing the addons in which you no longer need/use and hopefully this will stop you timing out as much.

[Image: andrew-tate-top-g.gif]
It is most likely the issue with addons, the more addons the longer it will take and therefore more chances of timing out.
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
Solved