Clan System Change
[Image: development.png]

Due to security practices, the old clan system is unable to function correctly. Therefore, I have been working on a recode in order to change the saving system for clans. This means that, while clans may be fixed, things have changed.

Foreword

Due to a new saving system, ALL previous clan data is unusable. However, in order to manage this the following exceptions have taken place:
  • Previous owners of clans are able to create a new clan for no fee automatically (single use). You will know whether you're eligible for this, as it will be clearly shown when you join the server.
  • The official, and active unofficial, clans have been pre-created with their owners. Any issues with this should be raised so we can fix them immediately.
Furthermore, this system is NEW; I have checked and patched as many bugs as I could find, however, there are bound to be some out there. If so, please inform me (or another appropriate member) as soon as possible.
Also, as the clan system can no longer use an external database, the GUI and management system has changed slightly -> more information below.

An overview of changes

Fundamentally, the clan system should work very closely to how it did before. However, due to efficiencies, tweaks and data reading/writing, a few systems have changed. The most notable of which is the management GUI.

Spoiler :
The fundamentals are the same, and the management should be slightly more user friendly now.
View players - This shows a list of all the players in your clan, along with their ranks. From here you can kick players and set their ranks.
View ranks - This shows a list of all the ranks in your clan. This is where you can edit rank permissions, delete ranks and create new ranks (by default, clans have an unlimited amount of ranks).
[Image: 230652e68429a5dacb8d4cc27baee7b2.png]

The other notable change is due to saving/reading data. The clan system is now saved via the server data file, meaning data is saved in JSON format in text files. This means that some characters are unable to be used in clan names, very much like the previous system. However, for safety sake, all non-alphanumerical characters (excluding: <space> _ -) are unable to be used in your clan names.

Other than that, you should see some fixes to the common bugs in the old system (such as invites while offline not working correctly).

Ending notes

Some may complain about this change, however this was necessary in order to fix the clan system.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused,
Devon
[Image: KInLxEm.png]
This is great. Glad most things have been fixed Smile
Amazing work as always. Keep it up!!
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
Brilliant work.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
Thank god...