See you around!

Well, here it is, probably long overdue.

In recent weeks, my activity on the Fearless Servers has rapidly decreased, to the point of even going more than 2 weeks without playing. There are of course many factors leading to this, other games being one, social life another.

Let me take you on a whistle-stop tour of my time and memories of Fearless.

Get the picture in your head: it’s Year 7, you’ve recently purchased Garry’s Mod and you’ve just discovered the DarkRP gamemode. I must have spent around 50 hours on those servers, just AFKing in an apartment as Mayor with a few printers; basically, I had no grasp on what to do.

It’s now late spring of 2015. I stumbled upon a server called CityRP V33X, thinking it could be fun. I remember spawning in as a citizen, bumbling about the city for a while before coming across the Nexus. A black lives matter protest was occurring, and, being new to the whole RP scene, I decided to join in. Shit happened. And then the disconnect message: “Disconnected: you have been banned. See fearlessrp.net for more information.” Well, that was my first ban (FearRP, cheers Raptor). There was gonna be a few more of those before I reached where I am now.

We jump back to the story after said ban. I remember, like a lot of older players will, trying to get over the 4 hour limit to play the police job. I spent the majority of that time driving around in my little yellow cabbie, wasting most of my remaining $9,000 on repair kits.

It’s now August of 2015. I had discovered the other (V2D, at the time) server. I spent at least 50 hours farming cash as the Police Sergeant (and also for the MP5, back before the locker) and bought my first proper car: the old 50k Golf GTI, in blue. I then realised that I never played any other job than police, and that it was a wasted purchase.

Let’s fast forward to Christmas 2015. This was just after the RV had been introduced, and I remember eating Christmas Dinner in somebody else’s. There was also the Santa’s Grotto in the V2D clothing store, with lots of little elves.

I then took some time off until May 2016. Trucks had just been introduced, and I was in love with ETS2, so I just had to have one. I spent all week of May Half Term contrafarming on deserted V2D, reaching 430k and purchasing a Kenworth and Flatbed.

It was at this time I came across MrFinnConlon. We would spend our time in the Nexus Lobby as SRU, waiting for no calls (this was V2D, remember) or contrafarming, to get some extra cash. He was a great person to hang around and discuss politics with.

Summer Holiday 2016, and I’d just discovered V4B1. I met a person called Invent, who some of you may remember, who seemed to like my relaxed and caring approach to Police RP. I added him on steam, we got up to some shit and a bond was formed.

Let’s go to October. I applied for my first clan (Scorpio Forces) and met a few people who I stuck with for a while after. Scorpio forces was great fun; we shot cops, farmed contra and had some banter. Good times, cheers Dobby for the opportunity.

And that’s pretty much it for memories that stand out in my mind. If I missed anything out, hmu on steam or by PM.

Here’s some people I will always remember from my time here:
Chutoy, Callum and Kisobel: V2D was fun, keep in touch on Steam.
MrFinnConlon: A great, friendly guy, fun to hang around with. Good luck with your future in FL, I’m sure it’ll work out for you.
Invent: A true friend, one in a mil. Keep in touch on steam, hmu if you want to ever play CS.
Create: A friendly guy, I’ll never forget the Trabant in the Nexus or The James Bond videos.
TieDye / Explore / Bob: Funny, friendly, northern. What more is there to say?
Devil / Oxide: A funny Chinese boy who lives in Austria but speaks English. If you ever get the chance, speak to this guy, he is hilarious.
The Best Goat: Another funny guy, amazing shooter.
Janzo: Fuck me mate, your builds are good. Keep doing what your doing, you do it amazingly.
Dobby and all other Scorpio people: Thanks for the clan, I’ll never forget those days.
If I missed you, drop me a message.

That just about wraps it up from me. I’ll probably come back one day and lurk on the forums, but don’t expect to see me regularly. See you around!

It’s something unpredictable, but in the end was right; I hope you had the time of your life.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 4 users Like jhayw's post:
  • god, MrFinnConlon, Janzo 火, Bobby
See ya!
The following 1 user Likes Falc's post:
  • jhayw
Haven't talked to you much but the few times I have you seemed really nice
See ya later man
The following 1 user Likes Exotic's post:
  • jhayw
See you man
Wolven

Cya man!
The following 1 user Likes LordOfMemory's post:
  • jhayw
Take care buddy.
Hope to see you back every now and then.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 1 user Likes Yonno's post:
  • jhayw
Goodbye Jim!

You have been very positive and friendly in the most sarcastic way. It's a pleasure to have met you and RPed with you every now and then! Stay in touch man!
The following 1 user Likes Create's post:
  • jhayw
Never really spoke to you but Good luck in future mate
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
The following 1 user Likes Envy's post:
  • jhayw
Sad to hear mate Sad

Hope to see you around Smile
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • jhayw
Chutoy, Callum and Kisobel, Oh my god I remember them. It is a real shame to see such a lovely and caring person leave Fearless, I hope that with the next cool update you will be back. Thank you for the entertainment and enjoyment that you have provided. Goodbye.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • jhayw