Government and Politics at College
Teachers really shouldn't be even mentioning their political views and certainly not be bringing their own political battles into a classroom. It's extremely distasteful and unprofessional.

Being a teacher is all about creating a challenging yet relaxed environment for young people to learn skills they would need in future life and enhance their education through means of self learning and personal development.

As someone that works within the education industry, and to a certain degree local government if I was to find any of my staff team forcing political nonsense down the throats of the young people we work with quite simply I'd be disciplining them for unprofessional conduct.

It's not our job to tell someone what to believe in, it is however our job to encourage them to form their own ideologies and opinions regardless of the subject at hand, be it politics, sexual preferences, gender or religion.

We are there to lead and support, not to push down a certain path.

I personally never convey my political opinion, nor who I have voted or intend to vote and in general never discuss politics with my peers infront of service users.

One teacher that always stuck in my head from my time in a Roman Catholic secondary was in religious education he would at least every subject talk about gays, would use phrases like it's Adam and Eve no Adam and Steve etc and although sometimes it was banter he did seriously have a phobia of gays. There was a gay kid in our class and the teacher would simply not interact with him, did not give him the time of day ata lol.

He still teaches there lol.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • Archer
(07-12-2017, 01:38 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 01:27 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote: Discussing politics is a big no in Turkish schools, a physics teacher in my school got fired this year after he mentioned what he voted for in the referendum.

How about religion then?

It is not considered politics by the Ministry but I'm against the Religion classes
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
(07-12-2017, 02:16 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 01:38 PM)Greed^ Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 01:27 PM)Sharpshooter Wrote: Discussing politics is a big no in Turkish schools, a physics teacher in my school got fired this year after he mentioned what he voted for in the referendum.

How about religion then?

It is not considered politics by the Ministry but I'm against the Religion classes

So Turkey now has its own ministry of truth?
Ministry of Education
[Image: 7EmE7CZ.png]
Have I helped you or am I friendly?
+rep
I wouldn't listen to them anyway, politicians are all as corrupt as each other getting high of false promises and their 150k a year salaries, they aren't even aware of a real world.
The following 2 users Like Pandalorian's post:
  • Archer, Dauntless
Remember in my last school our spanish teacher always showed us Che Guevara movies and documentarys, Found out a few weeks ago his brother is part of the Communist Party in Sweden.