Unban Request - Samwk2000
Your name: Kanightley

Your ban ID: 77377

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:69241161

Reason: D/C to avoid arrest, priors for same reason // 12th ban, last chance

Staff member who banned you: [FL] Reebs

Reason why you should be unbanned:

I would like to start with that I know what I did would be considered as a valid and acceptable reason to ban someone, but in the case, I believe my actions were acceptable under the circumstances of the situation. The player arresting me clearly didn't have much experience, because at the time of my arrest, I had just spawned in and was looking through the player list for my friend so I could PM him. Whilst I was doing this, a police officer with a rather high pitched voice (this shows he was young and most likely ill experienced in RP) came up and randomly shot me with a stun gun, which violates rule 12.5 (12.5 Only use the stun gun with a valid RP reason). Whilst I was being arrested, I realized this surely must be a violation of the rules to randomly go around tazing and arresting people for absolutely no reason what so ever, and so I sent a message to the admins who didn't respond. At this point I was very aggravated as the admins that were currently online where completely ignoring me, when they should be dealing with people like the officer arresting me so they don't ruin RP for people like me who just want to have some fun. The officer then requested a 15 minute arrest on me for "threatening an officer" which is obviously a lie. I then though "I'm not sitting in a jail for 15 minutes for absolutely no reason", so I disconnected as I felt I have every right to, and still do today. If I was being arrested for a valid reason, of course I wouldn't disconnect. That's just wrong. But under the circumstances, I believe it was understandable of me to leave.

I would also like to add that the ban I was given for "D/C to avoid arrest" was a 3 month ban, which I think is a rather harsh ban. Majority of ban lengths for this act is a 24 hour ban. I have served almost 3 weeks of this ban now, and feel that is far to long to be banned for such a thing as it is.

But, regardless of the reasons for my act, I can promise I won't do it again, even if I do have a valid reason to leave.

Thankyou for reading my unban request. I hope you can see this my point of view and make a rational decision. Thankyou
[Image: jck7EJ6.png]
Hello,

The reason for the length of the ban was due to it being your 12th ban. You also have prior suspensions for disconnecting to avoid various RP situations.

Just because someone else breaks a rule, does not give you the right to do it yourself. Furthermore, this is your 5th ban for disconnecting to avoid a Roleplay situation, which shows me that you have no respect for the rules that we have here.

You think you have a right to disconnect to avoid a roleplay situation you don't want to be a part of? Think again. We have rules against this for a reason, and those rules say that you may not disconnect to avoid a Roleplay situation.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
[quote='Reebs' pid='696228' dateline='1497880438']

Reebs, I know that it is my 5th ban for disconnecting to avoid arrest, but this time it was understandable in my opinion. I don't want to have to deal with sitting in a jail cell for 15 minutes just because someone doesn't know how to RP. I was literally just standing still, looking through the player menu. If I disconnected to avoid a valid arrest, like I have done the previous times.

Do also take note, that I did request for admin assistance on the situation, but nobody came to help, and I didn't want to have to deal with 15 minutes in a cell for no reason what so ever.

I will say that I am sorry for what I have done, and understand what I did was wrong, and from now on I will find other ways to deal with situations like this. I really enjoy playing on the server, and I can promise I won't break any more rules.

I really do enjoy playing on the server and I'm actually thinking about doing a best moments series on my YouTube channel if I do get unbanned. My YouTube channel is real. You can check it out for yourself.

www.youtube.com/kanightley

Thankyou for reading my post. I do understand that what I did was completely out of line, but I was hoping the I could get unbanned early due to the circumstances of the situation, and understand that what happened was very aggravating for me.
[quote='Reebs' pid='696228' dateline='1497880438']
Hello,

I would also like to add that I would hardly call an ill experienced RP player tazing me in the street for no reason an RP situation
You disconnected to avoid arrest, and as you clearly don't deny it, this appeal will be denied. I see zero reason for you to be unbanned.

Whether the player was ill-experienced or not, they created a Roleplay scenario which you DCed to avoid. Whether what they did was against the rules or not, you have zero right to break the rules yourself.

Denied.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]