Was Fire Spread Removed?
As per the title, was it removed as (at least from what I can tell) fires do not seem to be spreading anymore.

If it was removed then note that the fire we had on the server the other night was not the cause of the lag, it was that moomoo dude prop spamming that caused the lag.
(there was even a message in OOC stating he was prop spamming at the same time the lag started)

Also note that we were at that fire a good 15-20 mins before the lag started and it was twice as big, we were putting it out 'slowly but surely'. But the point is there was no lag when the fire was twice as big 15-20mins before the lag started.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
The lag was not caused by moomoo as I had cleared up his props.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
Fire spread has never been enabled, sometimes they bug and fires do spread, but this is normally very rare. However, two days ago for some reason, there were a high number of fires that spread, it seems that after the server was restarted there have been no more fires that spread.

I do think that the fire spread was very fun and I would like to see it added as a feature, but I can't see this happening due to concerns about entity related lag.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 1 user Likes MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Archer
Erhm, the fire would take a long time to put out. And + it was a bug. With the money bonus it's money farm.

To answer your question - Yes it was "removed". Though it would be nice to add less intense (a lot) version of it to give fireman job some work..
The following 3 users Like DarkN00b's post:
  • MrFinnConlon, Alphaey, Arkten
(06-12-2017, 02:12 PM)AwestruckBullet Wrote: The lag was not caused by moomoo as I had cleared up his props.
Maybe it was caused by the whole server spraying foam?
As there was no lag on my end when you first turned up, but got worse when everyone was there.

(06-12-2017, 02:13 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: Erhm, the fire would take a long time to put out.
That's only because the firemen can only use /resupply every 2 mins.
If that was removed then the fires would be manageable.

(06-12-2017, 02:13 PM)DarkN00b Wrote: And + it was a bug. With the money bonus it's money farm.

Add some sort of timer.
So you make $100 for every fire you put out after 30secs per each fire

So you put out 1 fire and then every fire you put out within 30 secs of putting the first fire out you make $0.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
Fireman job is extremely redundant at the moment. One half of it relies on AgrRP (molotovs), and on the other half, no one really ever calls a fireman anyway (car crashes).
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 2 users Like Nuka's post:
  • Archer, TheSiphon
Fires have never intentionally been able to spread. Although I think it could be a nice update.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • TheSiphon
It would be fun to give people hardcorely grinding contrabands some kind of risk by giving them an option that gives a good sum of money but has a risk of starting a fire and in that way blowing up all their other shit...
Might be worth making a suggestion, fire spread is really cool
Contraband should blow up you ask me. I think the contraband needs improvements to be honest. Oh well
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • Archer