Healing items cooldown
I guess gunfights will need to be planned a lot more and raids will need planning more. Makes heists and raids a lot more anti-climactic and doesn't really feel like it's something a semi-serious RP server should have but that's just my stance. Maybe it will be good, maybe it won't. If it destroys aggressive RP then it can always be altered.
[Image: c06y0Qi.png]
This is not cool... Not cool!
The following 1 user Likes god's post:
  • Panda
I think all people who are against these changes should see how it goes for 2 weeks... if you're then still against it make a suggestion thread about reverting the changes. I am neutral in this case, but if people are against it please see how it goes and if it impacts aggresiveRP too much or just destroys it entirely... Don't judge a book by its cover.
Keep it cool
We have decided to decrease cooldown and use wait to certain extent since it seems we overdid it. We also shall do something about heavy S.R.U suit.

We won't back down the cooldown change yet though.
The following 6 users Like DarkN00b's post:
  • Random, Jordy, Tomo, Jonas, Cox, Wolven
Love a good compromise, I do.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
The following 1 user Likes Tomo's post:
  • DVN
(06-10-2017, 03:09 PM)Random Wrote: I don't agree with the change.
SRU with heavy armor will now have a really huge advantage against ''Criminals'' as they can not use medkits as effectivly. Perhaps using medkits, for some people is strategy? That being said, spamming healthkit is not something that I agreed with. However, 10 seconds is a bit over the top. Put it down to 5 seconds.. it also takes a certain amount of time for the healthkit to actually have an effect. Currently, it takes 20+ seconds to heal up using medkits only. Meaning whoever is opposing you has a 20 second advantage against you (If you are really low on HP that is..)

I completely agree with the change.

The extra 15% does not really give an advantage, only an extremely small one, besides, when SRU raids your base, you have cover, while in most bases they have absolutely no cover at all. If you really want to spam health kits or whatever, have multiple binds, Injection needles takes 2 seconds, you can also use bandages in the mean time, before when you where using the healthkit you had to wait 20 seconds before it went into use. Making it 5 seconds is completely OP. You can use 1 healthkit, 1 bandage & 2 injection needles in the meantime, this gives you almost full HP within 10 seconds, is that not good?. You just have to use your mind for this.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
(06-10-2017, 02:18 PM)Link66 Wrote: If you're a good aggressive rper, you shouldn't have to spam medkits. As stated, this increases the skill ceiling. Great change.
How about you can use up to 2 or 3 health kits with normal wait time and no cooldown in between (spamming), but then a cooldown begins which means you have to wait 15 or 20 seconds until you can use the burst of health kits again. This still allows old methods of health kit use to be performed, but reduces the ability to spam in excess of 2 or 3 kits at a time. I call it restricted spamming. It's somewhat a compromise between the two sides here as it prevents the users from spamming 5 - 10 med kits and running in being completely invincible as they attack.

A similar mechanic was used in the OOC Cooldown system which allows two messages to be sent before a cooldown kicks in.

Thoughts?
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
Medkit - 15seconds wait (5seconds less from original)
bandage - 10seconds wait (5seconds less from original)
injection - 5seconds wait

You can use another when the effect of medkit applies.

Heavy SRU suit special effects disabled.

Will apply after crash
Being good has nothing to do with it Link lets be real. Health-kits have been used PERFECTLY fine for many a year without any need for change. Why no discussion when a previous suggestion has received many a -support (https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=74425). Spamming health-kits is available to ANYONE on the server so why or more so how is it broken? All this does is unbalance raids and make the difficult ones near on impossible for the attacking side. Health kit spam has been used to counter attack difficult bases throughout my 4 years here.
Don't change things which are not broken

Heres a situation for you all to consider. You join the server with $10,000 in-game currency. With this money you can get together a reasonable weapon IE an M4/AK for 3,500 10 rifle ammo for 2,500 1,500 for a Kevlar and 10 health kits for 2,500. This comes to exactly 10,000. This means that from 0 hours you can have the exact same effect in a raid as someone with 1000 hours. Literally anyone can spam health kits so no one has an unfair advantage. The more skilled Aggressors know this and act/use items to counter act this tactic.

Learn to play and counter tactics basically. This is a tactic which has been and will continue to be utilized.

The following 7 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Random, , DVN, Jordy, Dragnort_, Cox, Falc