Jamsters Unban Appeal
Your name: 

Jamster

Your SteamID:

STEAM_0:1:50667486

Your ban ID: N/A

Banned by: 

[FL] SoulRipper (I think - could be wrong)

Reason: 

Reposting Closed threads

Involved: 

Myself, Wood Chucker, Soulripper (?), Codedbrain

Why we should unban you: 

Alright, a small re-cap of who I am & what happened. 

My name is Jamster (James) (1). I’ve played on FL for nearing 500 hours across over a year and spent a huge amount of time on the forums and surrounding the community as a whole. After spending all of this time on the server, there began some community issues. SoulRipper ignored the community on certain choices being made at the time and caused some strife amongst the staff and himself. This was then reflected onto the player base as we all saw Soul taking no care into what we wanted & what we thought should be implemented into the community. After all the staff resigned Wood Chucker (Wood) posted an AA thread on (then) [FL] Codedbrain for abuse (of course) in the form of adding in backdoors to the game mode, as well as being rude disrespectful etc. etc. etc. among some other reasons. When I saw this thread was posted I took it upon myself to re-post the thread (with modifications) as I'd also personally witnessed some of the abuse at the time and been impacted by some of Mavis’ (Coded Brain) actions whilst on the servers. Wood's thread & my thread were both closed and I was permanently banned from the forums for "reposting closed threads". Amongst these threads a few others were made which will be linked in the notes section of this thread (2).

Throughout my time on the forums I amounted only a couple of warning points and (generally) adhered to the forums rules and community TOS whilst on both the servers and forums. As a community member who spent so much time following the rules I personally feel this one slip up does not amount to all of the time I committed to the server and should not represent my place in the community because of one mistake.

Now, as a member who dedicated weeks of time into the forums, amounted thousands of posts, hundreds of likes given and received, I've spent time over the past year (or so) realising how I messed up. Thinking a little deeper I also remembered that in similar cases where threads had been posted with no reason or people had received much smaller suspensions, looking at around 30 days forums suspension as stated on the thread when it is closed. My forums account has been banned for a good few months & now compared to those measly 30 days most others faced. When I consider coming back to enjoy a populated CityRP game mode I am always scared away from the idea due to my banned forum account. 

The problems around this I find is the inability to post ban request threads meaning I wouldn’t be able to do my little bit towards helping keep the server clean of rule-breakage, an inability to post suggestions or bug threads, also hindering me from helping FL in any way. I’ve also thought about how much time I’ve put into the community & realised all the time I enjoyed out weights anything I found “wrong” about the community at the time. Alongside this I’ve also come to the conclusion that I enjoyed all the time I spent on FL & want to have some more good times, along with the ability to talk to other community members on the forums.

I’ve made multiple attempts to contact Supervising Administrators, or soul himself, to no avail. Having seen Seniors come and go and having seen more changes to the community and wanting to spend time on the servers I’m still adamant in wanting to re-join the forums and community as a whole. I feel the year+ ban I’ve already sat through is enough to have thought out my actions in re-posting the thread and feel like I’ve spent enough time away to understand the ban.
Cheers for reading this ramble,
James

NOTES:

(1) Profile link: https://www.fearlessrp.net/member.php?ac...&uid=14127

Other AA threads: 

(2) https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=64412
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=64138
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=64367

** Please note, this is written by Jamster and I am simply posting on his behalf **
7+ days have passed with no staff reply.

Jamster's forum account will be unbanned.

Approved.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]