Taking 30 minutes to connect
I'm currently typing this while at-tabbed out of downloading the files as I usually do to get onto the server. The thing that isn't quite so everyday (in fact that has only just started happening in the last few hours) is that it's taking a very long time. I'm talking well over half an hour as opposed to the usual 1-5 minutes. I am wondering if it's a Steam thing, as I am aware that there is a lot of traffic because of the insane offers they've uploaded and some of their server's have crashed with the pressure.

The download is currently at three quarters. I have attempted to join a few minutes prior but the first time it managed to reach sending client info it errored on me and the next time I abandoned it when it simply ceased to do anything. I've been de-fragmenting and doing anything that I possibly can to increase speed.

Perhaps I should add I've recently bought many of the Half Life games today. I have installed Half Life 2, but not the others, they were downloading but are all paused now. So it can't possibly be them.

I would appreciate some help.

Thank you Cheese

Yours sincerely,

SilentGamer
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

(12-20-2011, 09:09 PM)SilentGamer Wrote: I'm currently typing this while at-tabbed out of downloading the files as I usually do to get onto the server. The thing that isn't quite so everyday (in fact that has only just started happening in the last few hours) is that it's taking a very long time. I'm talking well over half an hour as opposed to the usual 1-5 minutes. I am wondering if it's a Steam thing, as I am aware that there is a lot of traffic because of the insane offers they've uploaded and some of their server's have crashed with the pressure.

The download is currently at three quarters. I have attempted to join a few minutes prior but the first time it managed to reach sending client info it errored on me and the next time I abandoned it when it simply ceased to do anything. I've been de-fragmenting and doing anything that I possibly can to increase speed.

Perhaps I should add I've recently bought many of the Half Life games today. I have installed Half Life 2, but not the others, they were downloading but are all paused now. So it can't possibly be them.

I would appreciate some help.

Thank you Cheese

Yours sincerely,

SilentGamer

Same here it says it's downloading some graph.
Try turning off the Download option in the settings
Every time i join i have to download a file called Supra.Xbox, i mean what the F*ck is that lmao
also a file called cache 2369535ghy3y82523ghyug23t5725 <-- thats not really it but its aload of random letters and digits.. Haha
doesnt bother me too much though as usualy connect within 1-2 minutes
The following 1 user Likes Braindog's post:
  • EGI (R.A.A.) [SEA]Kai Meiuqer
Usually for some reason i have to dwnld supra xbox whenever i join too,takes like 10 mins to join server,for some reason its gone now
Make sure you've downloaded the most recent content pack.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles