Evocity gets a Neighbour
(05-10-2017, 10:15 AM)Yonno Wrote: You're all wrong. Fearless is destined to have a single server and that server should be on V5P. Wink

All jokes aside, V5P is the most modern map (fitting the concept of CityRP), the most optimized map, the best map to bring out the potential of the vehicles of Fearless and jobs created around it, the map with the most varied building environments while at the same time maintaining a cohesive and realistic environment, and the map with the biggest potential on different sorts of RP, be it passive or aggressive. 

Who cares if the map is "too big"? It worked perfectly fine for years on V2P.
Player interaction will always happen as players will come and look for eachother, considering we are interdependent on each other as players. It's the main goal of CityRP.

gr8 b8 m8

Seriously though, were you even then when the server was up?

Sure v2p was great... But you must take into consideration that there were MANY MORE players playing on fearless servers (yes, it was before the split) and Garry's mod, game, as a whole. BUT even then the servers ran fine for just a couple of weeks. After few months it was in exact same state as current v2d map. 
I love the whole idea of the map, but currently, map IS too big and the layout is just not well connected at all (except city-river area).

PS: I fucking loved v2p, spent over 600 hours on it, even got my first RPP there, but it just WONT work. Though I agree with you on whole "Evocity" thing, it is CityRP after all.
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
The following 3 users Like Pear's post:
  • Yonno, Iraqi Eagle, Envy
(05-10-2017, 12:50 PM)Pear Wrote: gr8 b8 m8

Seriously though, were you even then when the server was up?

Sure v2p was great... But you must take into consideration that there were MANY MORE players playing on fearless servers (yes, it was before the split) and Garry's mod, game, as a whole. BUT even then the servers ran fine for just a couple of weeks. After few months it was in exact same state as current v2d map. 
I love the whole idea of the map, but currently, map IS too big and the layout is just not well connected at all (except city-river area).

PS: I freaking loved v2p, spent over 600 hours on it, even got my first RPP there, but it just WONT work. Though I agree with you on whole "Evocity" thing, it is CityRP after all.

Yeah, I personally have 300ish hours on V2P, with my first RPP being on there, too.

I do agree with you that there were many many more players. Heck, there were 3 servers back then and it felt like we had 3 different sub-communities, considering I almost always played on V2P and a minor amount of hours on V2D. I don't think I ever met people that used to play on v33x.

I can only believe that V2P ended up being deserted because the playerbase was in decline, not because the map was bad. I wasn't there when V2P got closed down but I can only imagine the how the players must have felt that made V2P their home, being forced into playing on a new map from then on. If it was possible back then, why not now? Maybe I'm just being a bit selfish and just wish for V5P to happen, sorry for that. 

But I will stand by the fact that V5P, just like V2P, is NOT too big for Fearless and the possibilities that the server brings with itself, that said if the server would reach decent capacity. 

I personally still believe the playerbase is not currently ready for/ capable of filling up a second server of any mapsize.
If Littletown were to be introduced with a success, it could lead to a split of the community into 2 servers, and then v4b1 will look just as deserted as any other map (though I personally don't think this will happen considering the lack of possibilities Littletown offers).

And let's be honest, if players will keep on playing on v4b1, the capacity on the 2nd server will STAY low, and ANY map will look deserted with a low playerbase, it's as easy as that. I know they will then look for a replacement to Littletown, but the problem could remain the same for the replacement map.

With that said, let's just wait it out and see what will happen when they hopefully put it online this weekend.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
The following 3 users Like Yonno's post:
  • Luna, Link, Iraqi Eagle
(05-10-2017, 10:15 AM)Yonno Wrote: -Snip-

Please and thanks.
Regards,
Panda
NOT AN Administrator
As someone who is a major player in the developing of another much sdmaller community, regardless of the playerbase, V2P is NOT A GOOD MAP TO USE. Everything's too spread out for a video game like this. You'll see car crashes off the cliff every second of the day. Even cars have to spend their time getting to MTL, which as a trade post should not be so far away.

I don't think V2P will ever be ideal. Maybe for a trucking map.
But I can't see the player base playing V2P and enjoying it.
The following 1 user Likes Prompt's post:
  • Archer
With the 75 limit a big map is no longer a problem.
-support on littletown, the sewer is too fucking complicated, too many fake buildings and it doesnt *fit*.

Edit:
I just tested V5P, and all i found was the good sides of every other evocity map; its got optimisation, proper MTL, countryside, interesting and modern city, slums apartments and a fucking metro system wich is a big ass plus.
Atleast add it to testing and we can see if it works with the 75 players we have now?
Maybe test with the old door system so theres no need to give all places names yet.
The following 4 users Like already_fallen's post:
  • Luna, Iraqi Eagle, Envy, RonniBarker
(05-10-2017, 08:29 PM)already_fallen Wrote: With the 75 limit a big map is no longer a problem.
-support on littletown, the sewer is too freaking complicated, too many fake buildings and it doesnt *fit*.

Edit:
I just tested V5P, and all i found was the good sides of every other evocity map; its got optimisation, proper MTL, countryside, interesting and modern city, slums apartments and a freaking metro system wich is a big ass plus.
Atleast add it to testing and we can see if it works with the 75 players we have now?
Maybe test with the old door system so theres no need to give all places names yet.

I agree with this. We need to give V5P a chance.
We've just gotten a new map, can we atleast test it before spamming to go on v5p. I agree V5P is a brilliant map but lets try out this one, it looks great too.
The following 1 user Likes Ethan Bradberry's post:
  • Exotic
(05-10-2017, 09:27 PM)Arny Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 08:29 PM)already_fallen Wrote: -snip-

I agree with this. We need to give V5P a chance.

Not that I am against testing out v5p, but the only way that map is going to work is if you remove the second server completely and change v4b1 completely. v5p is the same layout as v2p and that map has been switched out twice already. Its too big of a map to run on. But if you made it the sole map on the server, it could work.
The following 1 user Likes Fultz's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle
That's a joke right? This map? Really?
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
Nobody has had chance to play this map, say what you like but you will not know your exact opinion until you're in a populated server with your friends/people you know and RP's are happening. Exploring the map solo doesn't give you an accurate representation of how this is going to go, so please try it out, then if it fails we move to the next map.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • MrFinnConlon