Evocity gets a Neighbour
The way I see it, it's a little alarming that we didn't get much input but at the same time we should trust the decision and just play it. We've never had a map like this, or at least for a very long time so it could really change up the RP everyone does a lot. I'm excited :p
I'm gonna miss v2d. But excited to check out the new map!
Oh bollocks... I lost my Signature!
(05-09-2017, 01:13 PM)Greed^ Wrote: So the community doesnt even get to vote/come with inputs before such a big update?

Regarding inputs; you may suggest changes obviously, but if the server will be populated, as we have hoped for, it will reflect the community's thoughts of it. If it's bad, then a second approach to a solution will be made. Nothing is written in stone. Many of the options that people could of voted on before was far too big and the thought behind this is that we offer an alternative, yet keep a balanced player base.

All suggestions are welcomed and if this has the fate like 2d, the process will begin all over again. Rather than to stay on a hypothetical thought train that have been going for far too long, we decided to do an actual change and cross our fingers that the staff made a wise decision - with the community in mind, as always.. but only time will tell.

Your ideas and votes have not been ignored, those have been heavily discussed amongst the team whom together reached a decision that was for the benefit of the server when all aspects were included. This isn't black and white, multiple variables have been used in our decision: including the votes you all made.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 4 users Like Floodify's post:
  • Random, Coffee, Link, Iraqi Eagle
Very excited to play this!!
(05-09-2017, 02:22 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 01:13 PM)Greed^ Wrote: So the community doesnt even get to vote/come with inputs before such a big update?

Regarding inputs; you may suggest changes obviously, but if the server will be populated, as we have hoped for, it will reflect the community's thoughts of it. If it's bad, then a second approach to a solution will be made. Nothing is written in stone. Many of the options that people could of voted on before was far too big and the thought behind this is that we offer an alternative, yet keep a balanced player base.

All suggestions are welcomed and if this has the fate like 2d, the process will begin all over again. Rather than to stay on a hypothetical thought train that have been going for far too long, we decided to do an actual change and cross our fingers that the staff made a wise decision - with the community in mind, as always.. but only time will tell.

Your ideas and votes have not been ignored, those have been heavily discussed amongst the team whom together reached a decision that was for the benefit of the server when all aspects were included. This isn't black and white, multiple variables have been used in our decision: including the votes you all made.
What ideas and votes? I don't recall me having the ability to vote for this map, we the players have to populate the map, surely we should be able to have at least some form of input on what map will be hosted?
Let's just wait and see how it turns out before complaining.

I am asking you to have some faith in the team. It will all work out in the end.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 6 users Like Random's post:
  • Coffee, Ethan Bradberry, BlackWidow, Exotic, mintblackbeard, Iraqi Eagle
Can't wait to play it!
:0

Can't wait
Oh god I remember doing Wermacht RP on this map.
I dont know about this call.

Logically it makes sense to bring in a smaller map. But this map just has too many negatives in my eyes.

1. Sewer systems are horrible (plus this maps is very poorly set up)
2. ALOT of unused buildings that are just decoration
3. Prebuilt buildings such as the gun store that defines this map as a DarkRP map. (https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...A1E375599/)
4. Jails are poor
5. Pre-existing sounds on the map (If you can remove these then thats fine)
6. The overall look of the map is DarkRP all existing qualities of Downtown are here
7. You are forced into buildings that are hard to work with because most of the interiors are very small.

However, there are a couple positives which was why it was suggested before when there was a map change.

1. The "supermarket" or whatever you wanna call it is really nice. It is separate stores that you could say make an all stop shop if you have enough people to run each selling job.
2. The size of the map gives a different outlook on what you can do. It gives a new feel.

This was definitely not the best map you could add, however, if your main focus was size, then this is the logical choice.
The following 11 users Like Fultz's post:
  • Kpred, Prompt, Yonno, Exotic, LordOfMemory, Lesanka, Iraqi Eagle, Envy, RockDead69, Panda, RonniBarker