[Solved] [Solved] FPS [ UPDATE ]
Made it worse
I've had a similar problem, where my gmod will randomly freeze and/or lag really bad and I found it was down to having too many addons, maybe try uninstlling a few you don't need see if that helps.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
Alright, try that: Open GMOD > Options > Video > Advanced > Windows Aero extension to "Disabled" > Restart Game.
(05-01-2017, 04:38 PM)Robbtja Wrote: Alright, try that: Open GMOD > Options > Video > Advanced > Windows Aero extension to "Disabled" > Restart Game.

already have that
I'm kinda out of ideas, the last thing you could do is unsubscribing to all of your addons, go to your addons folder, delete that one as well and subscribe only to the CityRP Addons.
The following 1 user Likes Robbtja's post:
  • Devon
Buy a dual socket motherboard and install 2 Xeon E5-2699 V3 in it. Hope this helps.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-xe...0wodr_sJSg

Seriously... Have no clue.
Kind Regards

That guy. Ive resigned from contributor 4 times now.
I believe the issue is either that some of your addons or configs are causing this or your pc simply needs more resources to crash less often. If it's your pc being too slow, we can minimize this from happening with certain configurations.

Have you modified gmod, installed or deleted any addons, installed any drivers before the freezing began occurring? Have you set some multi-threading configs in place? Those could be a major cause of crashes.

Get rid of addons, clean your folders
For starters I recommend you to unsubscribe from every addon not directly related to fearless (only have the addons from the forums download page).
I assume you know how to unsubscribe. Here's how you delete the remains. Go in your 2nd gmod folder (D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod).
Delete the following folders: addons, cache, cfg, download AND downloadS, materials, models.

Grant gmod access to additional pc resources
Enable multithreading. Here's how: go in your 2nd gmod folder-->cfg -folder. Open autoexec.cfg file in notepad or such, empty it and enter the following text in:

Code:
mat_queue_mode 2
host_thread_mode 1

cl_threaded_bone_setup 1
cl_threaded_client_leaf_system 1

r_threaded_client_shadow_manager 1
r_threaded_particles 1
r_threaded_renderables 1
r_queued_ropes 1

studio_queue_mode 1

gmod_mcore_test 1

If all else fails, empty that autoexec.cfg file I told you about, and turn off cloud syncing for gmod on steam

(05-01-2017, 07:20 PM)Arch.B Wrote: Buy a dual socket motherboard and install 2 Xeon E5-2699 V3 in it. Hope this helps.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-xe...0wodr_sJSg

Seriously... Have no clue.

He's asking for help, not your nonsense. What a 'contributor' you are. You should be reported for spamming in one of the forum's most serious sections.
(05-01-2017, 04:57 PM)Robbtja Wrote: I'm kinda out of ideas, the last thing you could do is unsubscribing to all of your addons, go to your addons folder, delete that one as well and subscribe only to the CityRP Addons.

Done
JUST GET A BETTER PC WITH DUO CORE AND 4GB RAM
(05-02-2017, 11:20 AM)Joseph Wrote: JUST GET A BETTER PC WITH DUO CORE AND 4GB RAM

4gb is a bit less, I would recommend at least 8GB
The following 1 user Likes Robbtja's post:
  • Evanswachtz