PC Upgrade Time!
Hi
I'm gonna be upgrading my PC soon, and I hate to say it, but I'm very very convinced to go with Ryzen (die-hard Intel fan).
I reckon I'll be going with the R7 1700, and probably overclocking with the stock cooler to 4.0GHz.
Specs: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/H6mFqk
I've also considered the I7 7700, but Passmark benchmarks show that there is 48 points per pound for the 1700, whereas the I7 has around 40.

Anyone got Ryzen, what do you think about it?

I also use alot of VMs so the 8 cores, 16 threads R7 appeals to me.

What do you think? Thanks
Conn
That's expensive RAM for 16GB!
(04-23-2017, 09:35 AM)ARPANettic Wrote: That's expensive RAM for 16GB!

Cheapest I can find unfortunately. I remember the times I could buy 8gb ram for £25..
I reckon I'll be overclocking the 1700 to 3.5-3.7GHz using the stock cooler, as it is a decent cooler.

EDIT: It's also down to the fact that it's DDR4
@Connbob You can still get 8GB for £25; You're just not looking hard enough.

-Removed by Steven8ken
you can get 8GB of ram for like a tenner in CEX, fair enough you cant get DDR4 there, well you can but its like £20
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
Meh, ill have alook
I've seen plenty of cheaper DDR4 ram.
I find sites like Ebuyer or Amazon are probably your best chance.
Kind Regards,
[Image: qyVlGhw.png]
Get a i7 7700K if you plan to game only, get the R7 1700 if you plan to edit and render videos and do some light gaming.

i7 7700K is far superior in gaming.
The following 1 user Likes Evanswachtz's post:
  • Envy
If your planning on playing open world games like DayZ, Rust, Battlegrounds etc then You will want 16 GB Ram over 8 GB.

What Evan said, You can pay an extra £25 and get a i7-7700k 4.2 Ghz which will be insanely better
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum