A change with Player reports...
So I've just seen a Player report from someone getting randomly killed.
He showed enough evidence and the time when it happened, BUT the thing he was missing was the Name and the SteamID because he was killed from behind. (He couldn't see the namen at that time)

This is the player report im talking about:
https://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=79640

Now before you start discussing, this discussion is not about this specific player report, its about the fact that he gave enough and valid evidence of him being shot from behind with no reason (RDM) and he also shows that he had no chance to get his name...

So my Question now is, why isn't staff just looking into the logs for a second?
I mean he provided the time when it happened and showed enough evidence, so why isn't Staff helping him in getting someone banned who broke rules?

Like, how about someone runs through the city killing you.
You're equipped with a weapon, lockpick kevlar or whatever, get in your car and get shot from behind for no reason.
You have enough evidence to get the person banned but you dont know his name.
This personally would make myself really angry to be honest.

So my question is, why isn't staff just looking into the logs to find out the players name when the time it happened and enough evidence is provided?

Lets discuss!
The following 1 user Likes DreeBott's post:
  • Archer
It's logical, and should only take a second, so why not?
Or just be able to see who killed you in console.
[Image: lewis-hamilton-silverstone2022.gif]
The following 1 user Likes jhayw's post:
  • Link
Logs can be a pain to check sometimes, but I totally agree that when only the person's name is missing with full evidence of a blatant RDM that the admins should help out there.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
Totally agree. Time and Date is currently useless at the moment
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(04-22-2017, 07:00 AM)UEnvy Wrote: Totally agree. Time and Date is currently useless at the moment

It'd be most helpful for logs.

However, I find it dumb that some people think staff are obliged by their rank to asorb every command and do it.

The staff team are not here to do everything you want because your mad you died in jails because a mingey new player taxes you as your inbetween the cell door, or you got gunned down for raising the president. Legitimate or illegitimate, it's not their duty to follow your command. Didn't see the player? 2 choises. Don't post a PR or screenshot  your console. Did see the player? Have evidence. Don't be that one person that says 'CHECK THELOGS !!!11!!!!!!!' Because you get nowhere. And it never will

So end of, -Support
+Support

Obvious reasons.
The reason staff won't check into the logs etc is because this promotes people just saying "Check Logs" in a player report that was happening constantly.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I agree they should check, they did it before all the time. Can someone give us a reason for why logs wasn't checked in this instance?

I find it very weird.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(04-22-2017, 08:54 AM)Marty Wrote: The reason staff won't check into the logs etc is because this promotes people just saying "Check Logs" in a player report that was happening constantly.

This is a valid case where all they needed to do is check the logs. The exact time of the happening was given in the thread so I don't understand why it wasn't checked. 
It is very easy to differentiate between a "check logs" player report and a valid case like this one. 

In your logic we should let this RDM'er get away with it because it apparently promotes people making "check logs" player reports. I do not agree.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.