More props to scale with rp points
Then how does the SERVER go down in these situations and not clients crashing?

On this basis, I think this is slightly off
People already whine to their admin friends for additional props so why not make this whole thing less unfair and give everyone the same tools to role play with instead.

Raise players' prop limit less often then.

I'm sure I'm not the only one unwilling to suck the admins off and wait 20 minutes for a response to a prop limit raise request.
(04-15-2017, 09:47 AM)Joulle Wrote: People already whine to their admin friends for additional props so why not make this whole thing less unfair and give everyone the same tools to role play with instead.

I'm sure I'm not the only one unwilling to suck the admins off and wait 20 minutes for a response to a prop limit raise request.

Surprisingly you don't need to 'suck the admins off' to get a prop raise. You just have to be patient and have an RP/Build that is worth granting it, plus I hardly see anyone getting prop limit raises if I'm honest.
(04-15-2017, 10:21 AM)DVN Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 09:47 AM)Joulle Wrote: People already whine to their admin friends for additional props so why not make this whole thing less unfair and give everyone the same tools to role play with instead.

Surprisingly you don't need to 'suck the admins off' to get a prop raise. You just have to be patient and have an RP/Build that is worth granting it, plus I hardly see anyone getting prop limit raises if I'm honest.

I saw those very often and I played during peak hours mostly.
(04-15-2017, 08:45 AM)Marty Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 11:19 AM)SnowredWolf Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 11:09 AM)MidgetHD Wrote: With the amount of money the community can make yet we don't have servers that can handle complex builds.

Well, tough luck

In fact, we have a server that can handle it, it's the clients who can't.
The server machine uses an average of 5-10% of its resources when the server is full and a lot of people have huge dupes spawned in. It is true that the machine being used is in no way optimized for Gmod though.

You kno fine well as I do that the dedi cannot handle all of those props etc spawned in at one time. You've seen it on "passive night" the server just doesn't let people join nothing to do with client side etc. 100% server.
It can actually handle the props being spawned in, it is the clients not being able to load all props upon connecting and therefore not reaching the server. When you join a server, the worst thing that could happen would be thousands of props being spawned around the spawn area, this will overflow the client and make them time out, perhaps even crash the client(s). However, if the spawn area for the clients (Map default one, not the spawn areas by the server) was in some isolated place far away from the props they would have no problems connecting, and they would also be able to slowly load the props upon spawning in after loading the gamemode.

You've probably seen some admins spawn 2000+ prop dupes in some isolated area, i.e. lake on v2d. When a client drives through the tunnel and has to load all these props the likelihood of said client crashing is very high, usually with an engine overflow error. It depends how fast the client reaches said area though, driving in a fast car with full speed will probably crash you, however, if you are approaching said area slowly it will force the client to load the props slowly and therefore not causing and engine overflow.

(04-15-2017, 09:33 AM)ARPANettic Wrote: Then how does the SERVER go down in these situations and not clients crashing?

On this basis, I think this is slightly off

The server is and will always be unstable, the server can crash once every 10mins with no props and sometimes it can be up for 2-3 days without crashing.
Yes exactly, 2000 prop dupes. Don't give out props to urself or your friends only. Give every minge you hate access to additional props automatically.
+Support

Was implemented on a similar community and worked more than fine
Kind regards,
Eclipze
Fearless Donator
(04-15-2017, 10:44 AM)Eclipze Wrote: +Support

Was implemented on a similar community and worked more than fine

Yes another community has better features
(04-15-2017, 10:21 AM)DVN Wrote:

I dunno man, I sucked off Awestruck, Falcao & Tomo and I got prop raised no problems at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Here's a little thingy: would u prefer a huge admin base meant only for 5 players to lure the whole police department to in hopes of some shooting over the city filled with small shopa and offices made by multiple individually and small groups?

Just saying that those 2000 prop things are nice but I'd rather have the city be more lively than have my fps dropped by some criminal base.