Poll: Would you like to keep M4 in police officer armslocker?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep M4
45.07%
32 45.07%
Remove M4
16.90%
12 16.90%
Keep it for Police sergeant only
38.03%
27 38.03%
Total 71 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Keep/remove M4 for Police Officers
(04-01-2017, 10:32 AM)Explore Wrote: If someone has Galils then the SWAT should deal with it. I think a great alternative is for the police sergeant to have the m4.

Its not like galils are rare. Sure they are in real life but literally every criminal has heavy weaponry, just the pistol wont do for police.

My vote is to keep the M4.
The following 1 user Likes Baskingner's post:
  • Link
I am enjoying the M4 and sure is has shifted the balance of the power of the cop force. I would like to see it kept for now. If can always be removed at a later date if it becomes an issue.

A cop team with m4 VS a team of criminals with gails and defences is more balanced than a cop team with inferior guns and a team of criminals with gails.

I like to think that due to the huge amounts of heavy weaponry used by the criminals the police has been forced to response with bigger and better guns.
Also, the addition of a greater variety of weaponry has allowed for a greater variety in police roleplay. If you think that having an m4 as a cop is unrealistic then you don't have to pick one and vice verse.
Regards,
Finn Conlon 

+Rep me Here
The following 2 users Like MrFinnConlon's post:
  • Link, JunkyGardai
Honestly, I think people in here are forgetting that the Police are NOT meant to able to win vs galils on their own. They're meant to call for SRU for their shotguns and tranqs and just support the SRU. As it is right now, the cops can handle pretty much any situation apart from a full 6-7 man team of galils without having to get SRU for help. The Tranq and Shotgun for SRU is extremely good and can easily support cops with UMP/MP5's in a raid even when the other side has galils provided that communication is half decent on the government team.

I think it should be removed for everyone but the sergeant, or maybe charge cops a small price to take out the M4.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork
The thing is that, when there for example is heavily armed criminals or a hostage situation take place, the SRU comes in and police steps aside or assists in the raid. I feel like M4's are way too overpowered for a police force and should only be used by SRU in an emergency situation.

Cops should have mp5's or UMP's at max. It creates a better distinction between the police force and SRU.

I say keep the M4 only for Sergeant.
Regards,

[Image: mEVbpdN.png]
Thanks to Envy for the signature.
I also agree that the mp5 should be issued to the cops from the arms locker. Replace the m4 with the mp5 for cops.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
As someone that plays with an M4 I still don't think the Police Gould have it openly able to be equipped. However the shotgun should be able to be equipped by police.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Marty's post:
  • JunkyGardai
Obviously MP5 is the more realism route but lets think here, Galil vs MP5! Its pretty obvious who's going to win...
Defending your base will be 10x more easier
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
(04-01-2017, 01:53 PM)Envy Wrote: Obviously MP5 is the more realism route but lets think here, Galil vs MP5! Its pretty obvious who's going to win...
Defending your base will be 10x more easier

Indeed, but there needs to be a middle ground where the cops are reliant on the SRU. The mp5 should be sufficient enough when you are 4-5+ cops. If they need heavier weaponry they will have to call in the SRU if not already called upon.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
As soon as police officers got the M4. Agressive RPers started complaining, because now, police officers actually stand a chance.

I'd say keep the M4 for police officers. It is a good way to balance out the variety of weaponry criminals can use.
[Image: CYCeH3i.png]
The following 3 users Like Random's post:
  • Eclipze, Dauntless, JunkyGardai
For the first time in a while the police force have actually stood a chance especially when they work well with the SRU. In my opinion a balance has finally been created, my vote is to keep the M4.
The following 1 user Likes Dauntless's post:
  • JunkyGardai