Posting on behalf of OfficialSA Gamer

Your name: OfficialSA Gamer

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:86161774

Your ban ID: 75897

Banned by: [FL] Generation

Reason: Leaking personal information

Involved: Create

Why we should unban you:

I was banned permanently by [FL:RP] Generation for "Leaking personal information" - this wording portrays my actions as extremely severe and making my punishment justified, however I believe that this is not the case.

What does "Leaking personal information" actually mean in terms of severity? The reason given by [FL] Generation, in my opinion, is almost a hyperbole of what actually happened. From the ban reason given, you may think that I was releasing personal information in which could be used to harm  or potentially put [FL:RP] Create in a vulnerable situation; he could be manipulated/blackmailed withal.

Yet this is simply not the case. The information which I released was in fact [FL:RP] Create's first name, middle name and surname. All of which mean no harm to [FL:RP] Create if they were to be made public. Furthermore there is no rule whatsoever throughout the Forums which explicitly states anything regarding 'doxing' or releasing any general personal information of another user (I also am aware that not 'doxing' is a part of common sense, but if it is not in the rules a permanent ban is simply not justifiable without clear warning).

Let me just clarify that I am aware that what I did was unacceptable in terms of common sense, however an immediate permanent ban is undeniably harsh for releasing such minor information.

In my opinion releasing information about someone is obviously unacceptable, however let me reiterate that the information which was actually released can harm [FL:RP] Create in no way, shape or form and a permanent ban for such an ineffective action is injustifiable.

On one hand, I am 100% aware that I cannot get my ban removed when I know that I had broken the rules. On the other hand, however, I do believe that my ban length should be decreased from permanent to a limited ban. As I have mentioned before, the information released was not harmful to [FL:RP] Create and is (in reality) quite a minor piece of information for a generic Garry's Mod user.

I am not requesting for an unban because I know I was completely and utterly in the wrong, I am simply asking for the ban to be shortened to a limited time.

Thank you for reading.
Velsar was not involved in the situation between yourself and I. That is all that I am adding into this UBR.

If an Administrator or SA asks a Question directed at me, I shall comply.

I also have no understanding as to why Raven is posting this UBR and Official SA Gamer isn't, afterall, he has a perfectly good account.
>here<
I've removed Velsar from the users involved. My apologies Smile

EDIT: I forgot my password on my account
Managed to get the password *YAY*
Hello OfficialSA Gamer,

I was the one who requested the permanent ban, Generation is less involved than i am, so i'll be stating the situation and my input.

You leaked Create's Full name and you're saying that in no way it could harm him?, anyone can simply search up the name to find his Facebook, his location, his number, his friends and everything, how could it not harm him? they can find his Email, and they can easily manipulate with him, what you did is completely wrong and you deserved your ban.

As you're saying you knowingly did this, and you clearly knew there would be concequences, so why did you do it?.

I see no reason to unban you, you clearly broke the rules and leaked his personal information in an OOC channel where everyone can see it, with around 70 players online.

I do not belive you should be unbanned in any form, you clearly leaked his full name, and it can be used to harm him.
~Jonas.
[Image: edfa8a344463b04e45f386ad4525099e.png]
After discussing and reviewing your request with the Staff, we came to the final conclusion:
Unban Request Denied.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]