Marvin the Moderator
An explanation from the team on this would be awesome. I dont really understand why someone who wrote "i lost interest in the community"in less then 2 weeks ago gets promoted to moderator? Arent you afraid that he'll be inactive after a short while? Or that he purely has interest in the community to moderate?

Anyway, good luck Marvin! I hope youll prove me wrong!
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Marvin, RobotDuck
(03-06-2017, 06:36 PM)Baskingner Wrote: An explanation from the team on this would be awesome. I dont really understand why someone who wrote "i lost interest in the community"in less then 2 weeks ago gets promoted to moderator? Arent you afraid that he'll be inactive after a short while? Or that he purely has interest in the community to moderate?

That might be an issue, since I hop on and off taking monthly breaks even though I feel like this is the time I will stay.
I don't know, I guess we'll have to wait and see it's up to Marvin really Smile

[Image: fearless_signature2.png]

Click HERE to see the best sh*t ever!

Hello there!

I can see that many community members disagree with this promotion or don’t understand why Marvin got promoted even after resigning from his teacher position. There is a simple explanation behind this and I thought it would be a good idea to post a public statement about this as there are many questions regarding this promotion.

Before reading my explanation I want you to read this thread if you have not already: https://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=78434

Marvin resigned for the same reason as me and SnowredWolf. We resigned mainly because of SoulRipper. The staff team was going towards the negative and SoulRipper was not doing much. He was always ignoring, delaying and not dedicating himself enough. We felt like it was unnecessary favouring the community when nothing was being done because of how SoulRipper was acting. After having a discussion with Marvin about why me and SnowredWolf decided to resign, he felt the same and decided to resign too.

After our resignations, we contacted SoulRipper to explain why we decided to resign, how we felt and to tell him about our opinions. After this long conversation SoulRipper said he felt terrible, realised what he was doing was wrong and also admitted our resignations to be his own fault.

(02-24-2017, 10:28 PM)SoulRipper Wrote: This evening I’ve had a long conversation with both of the resigned staff members and I came to the conclusion that it is indeed my fault.

As stated in the thread SoulRipper gave us many promises and apologized. He also asked us personally if we could return. We decided to give SoulRipper a chance as he really wanted to improve. He has in fact already kept some of his promises which I personally appreciate. Let me add that Marvin did not ask to get his teacher rank back, he got repromoted when me and SnowredWolf got repromoted. Neither did Marvin leave the community after he resigned. He simply did not want to favour the community as a teacher when it was all going towards the negative. He even continued to play on the servers during the days before he got repromoted.

Hopefully you all understand why Marvin resigned. This is nothing we can blame on Marvin as he is very loyal to this community.

If you still feel negative about this promotion, I’m sure Marvin will prove you wrong. Smile
The following 13 users Like Spear's post:
  • Jonas, Reebs, Dauntless, mintblackbeard, Idea, Baskingner, Santaliz, Envy, Emil, MrFinnConlon, Random, Marvin, RobotDuck
(03-06-2017, 06:36 PM)Baskingner Wrote: An explanation from the team on this would be awesome. I dont really understand why someone who wrote "i lost interest in the community"in less then 2 weeks ago gets promoted to moderator? Arent you afraid that he'll be inactive after a short while? Or that he purely has interest in the community to moderate?

To be fair though what's wrong with just having an interest in moderating and no more roleplaying.
Plenty of staff troughout time including myself were mainly only still on FL to administrate because that was the main thing we enjoyed.

As for Marvin, don't know him entirely well yet.
But we've talked on several occasions, even played a few games.
From what I can tell he's a good lad, he's motivated and he doesn't seem braindead.
Always a good variation of qualities eh.

+Support Marv
The following 3 users Like Agorith's post:
  • Marvin, Link, Jonas
(03-07-2017, 08:30 PM)Agorith Wrote:

To be fair though what's wrong with just having an interest in moderating and no more roleplaying.
Plenty of staff troughout time including myself were mainly only still on FL to administrate because that was the main thing we enjoyed.

In my experience the staff who became bored with the gamemode but stayed to moderate/administrate distanced themselves from the playerbase after a while, because they dont play the game as a player anymore. staffmembers who distance themselves from the playerbase often become elitist and that is something we should prevent. I think remaining active, not only as an administrator but as a player too, should be encouraged within the team as i am convinced it will result in better administrating and a happier playerbase.

PS: After spears explanation i understand why you said you arent interested in the community anymore Marvin, hopefully thats resolved and wont become an issue anymore. Good luck moderating the servers!
The following 2 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • Marvin, Awestruck
(03-08-2017, 10:43 AM)Baskingner Wrote:
(03-06-2017, 06:36 PM)Baskingner Wrote: -snip-

Kind of agree and disagree. 
Main part of distancing, for last 5 months of me being an administrator I have not roleplayed one bit, but it doesn't mean I have lost contact with the community or became an elitist anyhow. You must know that we do/did observe many different roleplays without players even knowing they are being overwatched, atleast I did. I spectated basically everyone and their roleplays, gotten into their skin and thoughts while doing it, but without interfearing. That's why I never lost contact with it, hence I found more roleplaying opportunities and different playstyles!

However I do agree on one thing: I have lost my own imagination to set up my own roleplays, since I saw so many of them.

PS: Heck, even months after resigning I'm still used to checking forums on daily basis and speak to a lot of friends I made on FL.
Kind Regards,
Pear

[Image: output_QRPOl_L.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Pear's post:
  • Agorith
(03-08-2017, 10:43 AM)Baskingner Wrote:

In my experience the staff who became bored with the gamemode but stayed to moderate/administrate distanced themselves from the playerbase after a while, because they dont play the game as a player anymore. staffmembers who distance themselves from the playerbase often become elitist and that is something we should prevent. I think remaining active, not only as an administrator but as a player too, should be encouraged within the team as i am convinced it will result in better administrating and a happier playerbase.

PS: After spears explanation i understand why you said you arent interested in the community anymore Marvin, hopefully thats resolved and wont become an issue anymore. Good luck moderating the servers

Are there any specific staff members you had that experience with then?
Personally sticked pretty close with the playerbase overall up until even a while after I resigned and went completely inactive, and the other staff (or Ex staff now) I know that only stick(ed) around for administrating are still very much in touch with the playerbase.
I'm not sure who you could be referencing too. Smile

Also I disagree with your last sentence although I know you mean well.
The issue with staff that were more dedicated to playing or boringly no cliping around phased are what brings up the biggest issue within the community, if they'd have been or would be more dedicated towards development of the community in all terms, Fearless would be a better place to be at by now.
Congratulations Marvin, best of luck in your new role!
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Marvin
Congrats Marvin, I am sure you'll be a great moderator.  Wink
The following 1 user Likes KIE's post:
  • Marvin
A bit of a late reply, but meant surely:

Welcome to the team Marvin! Hope you have a wonderful time administrating the server and making it a better place.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 1 user Likes SoulRipper's post:
  • Marvin