UBL: Chopchop1614
Your name: [FL:RP} Chopchop1614

Your blacklist ID: 89626

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:79521888

Reason: RDM - Killing an AFK, unarmed man in the corner.

Staff member who blacklisted you: Mintblackbeard

Reason why you should be unblacklisted: It was during a police raid, we had moved into the house. I charge in and I turn the corner only to see him standing next to a pile of contraband. I know that these people have killed upwards of 5 men so he's probably armed. I open fire on him because I am not going to wait for his buddies to come round the corner and kill me while I am handcuffing him. This was all decided in a split second while we were rushing into a building where we KNOW there were armed hostiles (around 5) who had opened fire on us.

I was then pulled aside by mint who said I killed an "AFK unarmed man in the corner of the room" which is wrong. I had no idea he was AFK, and he shouldn't have been as we were actively raiding his building. We had no idea he was unarmed as everyone else inside was armed. And he wasn't in the corner, he was next to a huge stack of contraband.

I believe I should be unbanned as I believe I acted accordingly in the situation, I had no idea if there were people behind me or in the house that could have just shot me down. Knowing that the guy I killed was also a cop killer.

Regards, Chop.

P.S Cops involved are: Jim, Ninjalabs, Dooz, ARPANettic and Piese/
I was in TeamSpeak with John at the time.

He went AFK before the raid started so that has nothing to do whith it.

Coffee,
(02-17-2017, 05:14 PM)Coffee Wrote: I was in TeamSpeak with John at the time.

He went AFK before the raid started so that has nothing to do whith it.

Coffee,

We had absolutely no idea about this and subsequently his team as a whole were opening fire on us. I think that due to the fact he was in the house with wanted violent criminals was enough to warrant my attack. If he was going to go AFK he shouldn't have done it in a place where they were taking hostages. I would also like to point out that the moderator instructed me to have arrested him instead of kill him. But if he was AFK I wouldn't have been able to do that. It seems in my opinion a very silly place to go AFK.
John, who you killed, was an un-moving, unarmed, un-hostile man sitting in the corner of a room. When you are clearing a building as an officer, you should not KOS everyone you see which is what you are admitting to doing. You are there to detain if possible and catch the criminals and kill if you have to.

I do not agree with an unblacklist but it isn't up to me.
(02-17-2017, 05:17 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: John, who you killed, was an un-moving, unarmed, un-hostile man sitting in the corner of a room. When you are clearing a building as an officer, you should not KOS everyone you see which is what you are admitting to doing. You are there to detain if possible and catch the criminals and kill if you have to.

Un moving, yes. Un hostile? No. He was with a group of terrorists. Sitting in the corner of the room? No. Standing right next to a massive pile of contraband in the centre of the room. Un armed? I wouldn't know if he was or he wasn't.

This was not a situation where I would have taken chances to arrest someone.

I would like to use a video to reiterate my point, the following video which can be found here is a video of a swat team raiding a house. You can see there is an unarmed, unhostile, unmoving man in the room and police open fire on him. In the description you can see that the shooting was deemed justified. This video shows a similar situation to what happened ingame.
How can a man who is not moving be hostile, that's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. For all, you know he could have been an innocent hostage. Saying that you were not in a situation to arrest him is stupid as well, all of his team was dead and you still had cops and SRU with you to cover you whilst you arrested him
(02-17-2017, 05:21 PM)chopchop1614 Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 05:17 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: John, who you killed, was an un-moving, unarmed, un-hostile man sitting in the corner of a room. When you are clearing a building as an officer, you should not KOS everyone you see which is what you are admitting to doing. You are there to detain if possible and catch the criminals and kill if you have to.

Un moving, yes. Un hostile? No. He was with a group of terrorists. Sitting in the corner of the room? No. Standing right next to a massive pile of contraband in the centre of the room. Un armed? I wouldn't know if he was or he wasn't.

This was not a situation where I would have taken chances to arrest someone.

I would like to use a video to reiterate my point, the following video which can be found here is a video of a swat team raiding a house. You can see there is an unarmed, unhostile, unmoving man in the room and police open fire on him. In the description you can see that the shooting was deemed justified. This video shows a similar situation to what happened ingame.

That video is completely unrelated. In addition, the man in the video was not unarmed, he was brandishing a golf club above his head as shown by the description while John Silver had his hands by his side, was un-moving and un-hostile.
(02-17-2017, 05:41 PM)Coffee Wrote: How can a man who is not moving be hostile, that's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. For all, you know he could have been an innocent hostage. Saying that you were not in a situation to arrest him is stupid as well, all of his team was dead and you still had cops and SRU with you to cover you whilst you arrested him

We didn't know if all of his team were dead, as a matter of fact we knew there were some still alive.

Lets use an example, if a group of people were raiding the nexus they would not stop and take all the police force hostage they would gun all the government in the nexus down in an instant. Now, replace nexus with house and police with Corleone and the group of people with the police force. Suddenly there is a difference?
(02-17-2017, 05:47 PM)chopchop1614 Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 05:41 PM)Coffee Wrote: How can a man who is not moving be hostile, that's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard. For all, you know he could have been an innocent hostage. Saying that you were not in a situation to arrest him is stupid as well, all of his team was dead and you still had cops and SRU with you to cover you whilst you arrested him

We didn't know if all of his team were dead, as a matter of fact we knew there were some still alive.

Lets use an example, if a group of people were raiding the nexus they would not stop and take all the police force hostage they would gun all the government in the nexus down in an instant. Now, replace nexus with house and police with Corleone and the group of people with the police force. Suddenly there is a difference?

Yes there is a different between criminals and police, crimals commit crimes for example killing people. Police stop crimes and preserve life not kill unarmed civilians.
(02-17-2017, 06:03 PM)Coffee Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 05:47 PM)chopchop1614 Wrote:

Yes there is a different between criminals and police, crimals commit crimes for example killing people. Police stop crimes and preserve life not kill unarmed civilians.

Once again going back to the point that I had no idea if he was armed or not. Just because he wasn't doesn't mean I knew that, you need to think from my perspective.