[Solved] Downloading the same stuff every time I join.
Like the title says, the thing that is downloaded in a boat engine sound or something. It makes it much longer to join the server as a result. Surley I shouldn't have to download it if i've downloaded it like 100 times.
Just disable download sounds on join
That's normal it happens to everyone
[Image: ETQjSgL.jpg]
Made by Me X | Give a Rep, You May Get Something in Return *wink* ,Click Here
If you go to options there should be an option to prevent the server from downloading anything more. However I don't know if it is necessary for those files to download. Just like Dawson said, it happens to everyone.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Settings > Multiplayer > Do not allow custom files
(02-20-2017, 06:46 AM)Explore Wrote: Settings > Multiplayer > Do not allow custom files

That seems about right. You got to it first xD
Regards,
Joe Joe
Fearless Teacher Admin Clan Officer Admin Event Manager Clan Officer Veteran Admin Event Manager Veteran Management Veteran

[Image: OMVm0Um.png]
Have I helped you out? Rep me >Here<
It is well known to the regulars that the boat engine sound downloading as you join can be a problem. It also freezes your Gmod, as I assume you have experienced. Sadly, you must have it to join. As you know, you must have certain content to play on fearless. Think of the downloads that fly by at light speed as a sort of check. It queues the download, knows you have it and so sends it to 100% immediately. So, it doesn't not delay your game logging in.

Overall, try what Explore suggested. If it does not work, do not worry. It will effect your game in no way negatively, it happens to many of us. But, you'll be thankful for it when new content comes out as you won't have to download anything yourself, the game will do it for you.
The following 1 user Likes Centurion's post:
  • Marvin
Gmod likes to re-download stuff to look for updates, I have found putting my Gmod on an SSD has solved loading issues.
[Image: unknown.png]
Any update?
Closed as there no response from the owner of the post
[Image: zypxjb7.jpg]