UBR: Joulle
(Posting on behalf of Joulle)

Your name: Joulle

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16249669

Your ban ID: 74420

Banned by: [FL] Reebs

Reason: Powergaming, FearRP // 11th ban, last chance

Involved: I don’t remember and didn’t know at the time either.

Why we should unban you: 

First of all, I’m unable to post here myself as I’ve had some forum warnings for things that I personally don’t deem offensive towards anyone in the given contexes but that is irrelevant to this case.

A couple months ago I came home for a weekend vacation from military service which I was attending. I rested a bit and decided to get on FL see what people are doing and relax as I play enjoy my time with the community.
I ran around the city hoping I’d find something interesting happening, as I usually do the first 10 minutes every time I join the server. I interacted with a couple players in the typical mean and triggering way (within rp limits of course). After a while I spawned my car and drove around a bit. Then, if I recall correctly I crossed a red light and a police officer told me to stop. I didn’t and I saw and heard him pull a weapon out, yet I didn’t stop. A staff member appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the car I was driving and told me what I did wrong and punished me. I regretted this for a couple days, then I forgot the whole situation for a time.

I’m appealing the ban almost 3 months after the ban was issued. The reason for this is the fact that, frankly I gave up on the server for a while (I knew at the time that I’ll come back one day, just not when) and I was still attending military service which means I was actually very busy and wanted to spend more time with friends outside.
I believe this was a wise choice as this gave me some time away and I haven’t thought of what happened until recently. I’ve gained new perspective and distanced myself from the issue which means I’m able to be far more objective about the whole situation. Now I understand more deeply what I did wrong and why I deserved such a long punishment for such a minor offense. Not that I didn’t understand that at the time, but I’m more calm about the situation myself and don’t have any hard feelings towards the person who issued the ban or towards the community and its rules. Rules are rules not to be stepped on by anyone and you’re here to keep it as fun as possible for everyone which I deeply appreciate.

I feel that an apology is in order for ruining someone else’s fun on the server. Whoever it was that I broke the fear rp rule on, if I ever find out who was involved in this situation, I’ll directly apologize to you or if you see this post, I’m sorry for what I did even though it’s just a minor thing but I’ve been a victim of similar rule breakages and they do take the taste of role playing away for a while.
I’m also apologizing to the community as a whole since I’ve been part of kicking the community’s reputation on dirt on numerous occasions in a way that I’ve broken the rules myself to which some people on the server have reacted in a way that their image of the community as a whole has deteriorated and I’ve most likely directly caused some (new) players to leave the community for good before deciding whether to stay or not.

I’m sorry for what I’ve done. Do you accept my apology?
If so, is there any chance the current punishment issued on me few months ago could be shortened?

Somewhat irrelevant
I have a reputation of being a minge, a passive role player and a builder – not so much as an aggressive role player nowadays even though I do enjoy doing it too. I used to have a tendency to minge on purpose even though I very well knew the rules. Although some of my bans and blacklists are still for unintentional rule breaking. I believe I’ll be able to control my minge urges thus avoiding future punishments and problems in general.
Good day, Joulle.

Firstly, allow me to take the time to apologize for the delayed reply. I have been quite busy the past 2 days.

Now, onto the subject of your appeal.

You've brought this upon yourself, unfortunately. You've accumulated 11 bans, which is usually grounds for a lengthy ban and a last chance. You have bans on record for the following:
  • RapeRP x2
  • FailRP x4
  • FearRP
  • Powergaming
  • Staff Disrespect
  • General Minging
  • and, last but not least: Abusing a bug
The text bolded above are serious offenses. 

I have a couple questions for you:
  • How can I be sure that if I unban you, or shorten your ban, that you will not commit these offenses, or similar ones again? 
  • How can I be sure that you've truly changed for the better?
Finally, I appreciate your apology. I will be discussing this internally with the rest of the team and you can expect a response from me soon.

Have a great day.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(Posting on behalf of Joulle)

There’s no way for you to be sure I’ll behave. This entire unban request is based on trust.
All I can do is promise not to break the rules from now on.
Good afternoon,

This is still being discussed internally. You can expect a response on or before Wednesday evening.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

Good afternoon,

After much deliberation with the rest of the team, we have decided to deny this appeal. You have a reputation for being a minge, and with the experience you have on the servers, you should know much better. As this is your eleventh ban, you've clearly shown that you are unwilling to follow the rules.

Denied.
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran